Author Topic: Tancredo Announces New Strategy. Maybe Other Candidates Can Learn Something  (Read 18762 times)

longeyes

• friend
Re: Tancredo Announces New Strategy. Maybe Other Candidates Can Learn Something
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2007, 07:38:28 AM »
Illegal immigration is not, in the last analysis, about economic disaster or the shredding of the rule of law.  It is about, most radically, IDENTITY THEFT.  The spiritual core of what has made America America.  We are built on values, and it behooves to understand what those values have been and how they have informed this country.  The elites want to swap out the old population and bring in a more docile plantation work force.  This is all, in the end, about body snatching and, beyond that, soul snatching.

If you think that isn't a visceral issue, you are dead wrong.  Mexicans, without enforced assimilatioin, will bring "Mexico."  Period. 

In their hearts most American citizens--of all races, colors, creeds--understand this.  We are just in a lull where The Rest of Us are trying to figure out what exactly to about the treachery and open contempt of "them."

It is too much to deport millions?  Really?  Well, then let's deport the heart of America instead, because that is exactly what we are doing day by day.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2007, 08:54:03 AM »
Yes!
One People.  One Nation.  One Leader!
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

cassandra and sara's daddy

« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2007, 10:40:08 AM »
"Yes!
One People.  One Nation.  One Leader!"

has a familiar ring...... surprised some messiah hasn't rallied a bunch of folks behind that ditty

The Rabbi

• friend
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2007, 12:19:59 PM »
"Yes!
One People.  One Nation.  One Leader!"

has a familiar ring...... surprised some messiah hasn't rallied a bunch of folks behind that ditty

It probably sounded better in a European language.  Especially for a nation that was intent on preserving its purity in the face of outsiders.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2007, 12:24:46 PM »
Didn't take long for the usual suspects to Godwin themselves out of being taken seriously with intellectually incontinent posts.  undecided

Truly disgusting examples of the worst of APS. 
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2007, 04:08:34 PM »
t probably sounded better in a European language.  Especially for a nation that was intent on preserving its purity in the face of outsiders.

No one mentioned racial purity--although that's rather important down in Mejico--the issue is values.  Of course subversion of the law and subversion of the will of the American citizen and taxpayer clearly doesn't matter to the morally self-righteous amongst us. 

Veiled accusations of Nazism do not an argument make. 

I will say this: if anything will produce an "American Hitler"--and it will be a tragic day if that ever happens--it will be the defiance of the law and agenda-driven unction that will create it.
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2007, 05:15:48 PM »
Rabbi,

If illegal immigration is such a non issue, how do you explain the fact President Bush and the leftists in the congress did not get their "comprehensive" immigration reform bill passed?

It didn't pass because millions of Americans thought that comprehensive bill sucked.  It was full of bull crap, double talk and disrespect for our laws and our people.  And they got off their usually lazy arses and called and wrote and called and wrote etc etc etc and scared the crap out of those $400.00 haircut, shiny pant suited sociopaths we call congress critters.

Most of Americans want our borders secured, not closed, secured!   As long as those who wish to come here let us know who they are and that they wish to make America a better place through assimilation then they will be welcomed.  Assimilation does not mean that they have to forget where they came from, never ever speak the mother tongue again or quit eating some of their favorite foods.  What it means is that they become Americans and add something to our culture so that we as a people become stronger and more united, not diverse.  Diversity is a fools errand for it means we are divided not united.  We are the United States of America, not the Divided States of America.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

The Rabbi

• friend
Grampster,
Your analysis does not pass the reality test.  That is not what happened.  There was no mass outcry.
What there were and are are many different agendas, all of them conflicting.  Against the backdrop of a lame duck politically weakened president, a bold (comparatively speaking)idea like that had no chance whatsoever.
The bill provided for secure borders.  So on your view people either were lobbying against what they said they wanted or they didnt understand the bill.
The WSJ had an interesting piece this week.  They pointed out that the alleged problems from illegals are not borne out in the data.  Crime is lower in cities with large illegal populations than it had been 10 years earlier, when presumably there were fewer illegals.

Paddy

Crime is lower in cities with large illegal populations than it had been 10 years earlier, when presumably there were fewer illegals.

I'm surprised, Rabbi.  You know better than to try to foist of this kind of logical fallacy here. 

Now, the question for the class, is Rabbi's statement

a) non sequitir
b) post hoc ergo propter hoc
c) modus tollendo tollens

The Rabbi

• friend
Crime is lower in cities with large illegal populations than it had been 10 years earlier, when presumably there were fewer illegals.

I'm surprised, Rabbi.  You know better than to try to foist of this kind of logical fallacy here. 

Now, the question for the class, is Rabbi's statement

a) non sequitir
b) post hoc ergo propter hoc
c) modus tollendo tollens

There is no logical fallacy, other than that it doesnt accord with what "everyone knows."
There are two facts juxtaposed: there are many more illegal aliens than there were 10 years ago.  Does anyone want to dispute that?
There is less crime, both violent and property, in those places where there are the largest concentrations of illegals.  Anyone have evidence to the contrary?
This is not a non-sequitur (note spelling) nor a post hoc. I am not positing that one thing caused another.
But it does suggest that scenarios of massive crime waves caused by hordes of marauding illegals are more the figment of fevered bigoted imagination than anything rooted in reality.

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
They pointed out that the alleged problems from illegals are not borne out in the data.  Crime is lower in cities with large illegal populations than it had been 10 years earlier, when presumably there were fewer illegals.

It would seem to me that being an illegal is a crime.  Why was this crime not included in the Journal's analysis?

That is the crux of the immigration issue.  People without regard to the laws of a nation ought not be given amnesty's free ticket.
7-11 was a part time job.

longeyes

• friend
There is less crime, both violent and property, in those places where there are the largest concentrations of illegals.  Anyone have evidence to the contrary?

Rabbi, where do you live?

For the record, I live in Los Angeles, not in the suburbs, in the core of the city.

"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

Paddy

But it does suggest that scenarios of massive crime waves caused by hordes of marauding illegals are more the figment of fevered bigoted imagination than anything rooted in reality.

As usual on this particular subject, you're just wrong, again.  Illegal border jumpers fill our prisons, occupy the evening news every freaking night with their criminal activity, push our hospitals out of business. and are a general nuisance.  We can't afford them in these huge numbers.  Employers who hire them need to be severely sanctioned, with heavy fines and criminal penalties.

Oh, and yes.  We're One Nation, Under God, and Indivisible.  Not some polyglot boardinghouse for freeloaders.

You may now return to your Godwin diatribe. 

you ever look at the real crime numbers or just someones cut and paste from sturmfront  snopes is a start for debunking some of it

The Rabbi

• friend
They pointed out that the alleged problems from illegals are not borne out in the data.  Crime is lower in cities with large illegal populations than it had been 10 years earlier, when presumably there were fewer illegals.

It would seem to me that being an illegal is a crime.  Why was this crime not included in the Journal's analysis?

That is the crux of the immigration issue.  People without regard to the laws of a nation ought not be given amnesty's free ticket.

Is being here illegally a violent crime or a property crime?  Those were the only two counted.
btw, the last time you drove on the highway, did you exceed the speed limit for any portion of your trip?  If you did, you're a criminal.  If you bought something over the internet but didnt declare state sales tax, you're a criminal.
Go turn yourself in.  What part of illegal do you not understand?

The Rabbi

• friend

Rabbi, where do you live?

For the record, I live in Los Angeles, not in the suburbs, in the core of the city.

I dont see how you're living in LA is evidence to the contrary.  Unless you commit an unusually large number of crimes.
But your city is safer today than it used to be.  In 2003 you had 13.4 murders per 100k.  In 2006 that number had dropped to 12.4.
In 2003 you had 795 aggravated assaults per 100k, while in 2006 you had only 377.
In 2003 you had 2009 larceny thefts while in 2006 you had 1539.2 per 100k of population.
So, has the illegal population in LA declined from 2003 to 2006?  No, it has gotten bigger.  Yet crime has decreased.  QED.

Paddy

The Rabbi Solution to Crime=Increase Illegal Immigration.   rolleyes

Tuco

• friends

Is being here illegally a violent crime or a property crime?  Those were the only two counted.
btw, the last time you drove on the highway, did you exceed the speed limit for any portion of your trip?  If you did, you're a criminal.  If you bought something over the internet but didnt declare state sales tax, you're a criminal.
Go turn yourself in.  What part of illegal do you not understand?

Answers -
No, I was enjoying a fat stogie and tried to prolong the trip.
I have declared interstate purchases on my tax return since there was a line item provided for such.  Subpoena my tax records if you must.

Don't try to pull me into your justification of decriminalizing illegal immigration.

I AM holier than thou. rolleyes

The Rabbi

• friend
The Rabbi Solution to Crime=Increase Illegal Immigration.   rolleyes
It would solve a lot of problems.  If you take illegals and take the comparable US-born socio-economic group, the illegals are generally healthier, use fewer public services, work harder, pay taxes, and commit fewer crimes.
Deport Detroit to Mexico and open it up as a "free area" and the area will revitalize.

i know before i sobered up i drove legally drunk . heck for at least 5 years everytime i drove i was over the limit. if you really read the law in va sex with anyone other than your wife missionary man on top was illegal

in mannasas georgtown south was a noted open air drug market for decades... till the latinos moved in

Tuco

• friends
.....if you take illegals and take the comparable US-born socio-economic group, the illegals are generally healthier, use fewer public services, work harder, pay taxes, and commit fewer crimes...

That's a generalization I can agree with, based on personal experiences with both illegal immigrants and residents of Detroit. 

I'll consider this angle of the argument but will stop short of being race baited into justifing the deportation of non-producing residents.

longeyes

• friend
I believe the "official" government crime records the way I believe the government's CPI numbers.  The fix is in.

Anyone who thinks "crime is down" in L.A. has been overdosing on lotus.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

The Rabbi

• friend
I believe the "official" government crime records the way I believe the government's CPI numbers.  The fix is in.

Anyone who thinks "crime is down" in L.A. has been overdosing on lotus.
Yes, when the facts are against you, shout conspiracy.
Thanks for playing.  You have no credibility on this issue.

longeyes

• friend
It's not a "conspiracy," just a recognition that government, at all levels, is on-board with illegal immigration.  What else do you call the rash of "sanctuary cities?"  And of course we know that the White House has no intention of enforcing our borders.  The conflation of political correctness and the need for more "customers" for social welfare and education workers has made government a huge part of the problem.  Instead of supporting American citizens and taxpayers and defending the law and sovereignty we find government siding with illegal aliens and those who either employ them or benefit from their presence.

No, it's not a conspiracy, Rabbi, it's corruption.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.