Author Topic: Ron Paul Wins Hardcore Rightwinger Poll...  (Read 9199 times)

Tecumseh

• friend
Re: Ron Paul Wins Hardcore Rightwinger Poll...
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2008, 04:54:58 PM »
I like Ron Paul simply because he cares about the country.  Unlike the others, his supporters actually do something and act on their beliefs.

What?

Here, they march up and down the street ruining a Holiday Walk by bellowing about 9/11 and scaring children. They also get themselves arrested for not having registration stickers on their cars, and then hassle the police about being arrested.

Elsewhere, they get themselves arrested for trying to pass off funny money as US legal tender.

If they keep it up, they'll all be in jail for asinine stunts, and it'll be a lot quieter here. Seriously, they're like freaking political Hare Krishnas, the ones here.

The idea that 9/11 is an inside job is a lot more believable than many other commonly held beliefs that people cling to.  Need we look any further than Christianity.  What about Scientology?  Religious beliefs are asinine yet many people hold them. 

Governments have lied to the people many times in our history so the idea that 9/11 was an inside job really is not as implausable as you suggest.  Hitler did it, the US has lied in the past, the Russian government did it, the Chinese do it, and many dictators lie to their people. 

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2008, 06:29:22 PM »
Governments have lied to the people many times in our history so the idea that 9/11 was an inside job really is not as implausable as you suggest.  Hitler did it, the US has lied in the past, the Russian government did it, the Chinese do it, and many dictators lie to their people. 
No one here is going to dispute that govts sometimes lie to their own people.  But you're still pretty far from demonstrating that 9-11 was an inside job.  If you wish to, start a new thread.  Or don't.  We've discussed it many times already. 

The idea that 9/11 is an inside job is a lot more believable than many other commonly held beliefs that people cling to.  Need we look any further than Christianity. 

Yes, we'd have to look a whole lot further.  If you weren't so ignorant of the subject, you would know that.  Scientology?  Sorry, no comparison there. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2008, 07:36:11 PM »
And this thread is back.... I would've thought that the words "Ron Paul" and "wins poll" were irritations past that I wouldn't have to see again.  If you paulians think poles are worth anything, go talk to Barak about New Hampshire.

Tecumseh

• friend
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2008, 08:47:34 AM »
No one here is going to dispute that govts sometimes lie to their own people.  But you're still pretty far from demonstrating that 9-11 was an inside job.  If you wish to, start a new thread.  Or don't.  We've discussed it many times already. 

The idea that 9/11 is an inside job is a lot more believable than many other commonly held beliefs that people cling to.  Need we look any further than Christianity. 

Yes, we'd have to look a whole lot further.  If you weren't so ignorant of the subject, you would know that.  Scientology?  Sorry, no comparison there. 
I never said that it was an inside job.  I said it is a lot more plausible than some people think. 

I dont understand how Scientology is different than Christianity.  But that is a discussion for another thread. 

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2008, 10:20:46 AM »

I never said that it was an inside job.  I said it is a lot more plausible than some people think. 

I dont understand how Scientology is different than Christianity.  But that is a discussion for another thread. 

Um. Because one is a two thousand year old religion based on religious precepts that predated that, even...and the other was started as a bet by a 20th century science fiction writer who probably never thought people would take it seriously?

Tecumseh

• friend
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2008, 11:14:14 AM »
So 2000 years ago someone could have made a bet.  That doesnt mean it is real.  But lets start another thread before we trash this one.  Ok?