Author Topic: Women and gay men are 'worst drivers'  (Read 6062 times)

crt360

• friend
Re: Women and gay men are 'worst drivers'
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2008, 04:11:48 PM »
Around here, we mostly have three kinds of drivers:  Ford truck drivers, Chevy truck drivers, and Dodge truck drivers.  Those behind the wheel of Dodges are hands down the worst.  At first, I thought I was biased, but after awhile it became so predictable that I have been able to show fellow travelers examples of it on almost any trip, no matter how short.  I can only guess that there is something to the Dodge image that attracts reckless drivers, and it seems to have no restriction based on race, sex or sexual orientation.
For entertainment purposes only.

atomd

« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2008, 04:27:09 PM »
Has anybody noticed the increasing number of women road ragers?   I mean really aggressive women drivers?

A woman road rager caused an accident I was in a while back on my motorcycle. She was driving a full size SUV. She won.

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2008, 06:40:08 PM »
A while back I almost hit a chick who ran a stop sign in her big fat white Lincoln Navigator. A few days later a buddy says, "I just almost hit some chick in a white Navigator because she ran the stop sign." Had to be the same girl. How's that for a coincidence?  shocked
Avoid cliches like the plague!

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2008, 06:59:26 PM »
The NH drivers are the worst tailgaters, usually in pickup trucks with loud exhaust. They just tailgate like crazy for no reason. They will tailgate you even if you are in the travel lane going 10-15 mph over the limit and the passing lane is completely clear for miles. Once they finally pass, you'll find them back in the travel lane going slower than you.
Absolute truth.  Drives me buggy.

They also have this infuriating habit of yielding the right-of-way when they aren't required to do so.  Unprotected left turns are the most likely scenario.  Really, it is very nice of them, but it makes it difficult to predict their actions.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Marnoot

• friend
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2008, 07:58:57 PM »
Has anybody noticed the increasing number of women road ragers?   I mean really aggressive women drivers?

Well if you'd stop staring at their breasts Riley, maybe they wouldn't get so upset? laugh

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2008, 01:38:12 AM »
I think humans are the worst drivers.....

...and, thanks to SYNCH (and the next 300 downloadable service packs), Microsoft will soon take over driving for all of us. Thank you, Bill Gates....  grin
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Creeping Incrementalism

• friend
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2008, 12:46:44 PM »
Seems the universal opinion is "EVERYONE is a terrible driver, except for me and possibly people who look like me or share my cultural values. And not all of them."

I think it is people who grew up in poor countries without any "in car" experience as children who are the terrible drivers (Something about children being in cars and watching their parents drive must help a lot).  The fact that these people are almost always non-European is why it might seem like there is a racist/"culturalist" attitude here.

If you truly want to find the dumbest drivers out there, it is pretty much everyone--when driving in dense fog.  Everyone slows down some, yet still keeps about 1-2 seconds behind the car in front of him (same as they do in clear conditions) when it still takes about 4-5 seconds to come to a compelte stop.  I think it is established as a rule of thumb that it takes a hundred cars colliding before the traffic at the back will be driving slowly enough to stop in time.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2008, 02:36:38 PM »
We have a pretty dangerous mix around here.  The worst part is the weekends when all the the college kids and the get-out-of-my-way city folk start dicing it up with Grampa Kettle and his wife, Eula Gene, who have just come in for a day of shopping.

Out of any 10 people you'll have two going 25, two going 85, and two generally jockeying for position just because.  The rest of us have our heads on swivels and simply want to get home alive.  The two going 25 will ride their brakes and have one turn signal perpetually flashing.  The two going 85 have forgotten what turn signals are and only use their brakes as a last resort.  The two jockeying for position use their brakes and turn signals regularly, usually as a confirmation for the maneuver they just finished making.

Get's kinda fun sometimes.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

HankB

• friend
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2008, 08:47:09 AM »
My perception is that while men's driving abilities follow a bell curve, women's follow an inverted bell curve - few are average, but there are plenty at both ends of the scale.

The specific category I worry about most here in Central Texas are crew-cab pickups jammed with 8-10 persons of the Hispanic persuasion, probably illegals, and usually towing a beat-up trailer full of landscaping equipment and supplies . . . especially in the afternoon, when local convenience stores are FULL of them, tanking up on cerveza . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain