Author Topic: The New Republic digs into Ron Paul's newsletters  (Read 6460 times)

wooderson

• friend
The New Republic digs into Ron Paul's newsletters
« on: January 08, 2008, 05:26:34 PM »
The New Republic dug through Ron's old newsletters - every word written by a ghostwriter or aide, surely. What turned up is either disturbing or amusing, depending on how much influence you think he wields.

The article - http://www.tnr.com/politics/story.html?id=e2f15397-a3c7-4720-ac15-4532a7da84ca
Excerpts from the newsletters - http://www.tnr.com/politics/story.html?id=74978161-f730-43a2-91c3-de262573a129
"The famously genial grin turned into a rictus of senile fury: I was looking at a cruel and stupid lizard."

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: The New Republic digs into Ron Paul's newsletters
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 11:54:49 AM »
I agree with some of the talking heads that it has been a mistake for RP not to address this issue.

Oh, well..
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

MrRezister

• I resist. It's what I do.
  • friend
  • Shank, shank, shank mommy's ankles!
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 12:16:22 PM »
Wow, impressive.
Srsly.
I can't believe Kirchick was able to form such a massive missive against Dr. Paul based entirely upon exerpts from 10-year-old newsletters that were not written by Dr. Paul and have been denounced by him.  Maybe we should make Ron Paul pay a huge fine to the Rainbow Coalition, and go to Rehab.  Then he'll be "clean".... right?
He never brought you an unbalanced budget, which is a perennial joke. He never voted himself a wage increase and, to this day, gives back part of his salary every year. He has always voted to preserve the Constitution, cut government spending, lower healthcare costs, end the war on drugs, secure our borders with immigration reform and protect our civil liberties.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 12:34:16 PM »
Linky no worky.  Can you post quotes for us, pretty please?

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2008, 07:56:47 PM »
Wow, impressive.
Srsly.
I can't believe Kirchick was able to form such a massive missive against Dr. Paul based entirely upon exerpts from 10-year-old newsletters that were not written by Dr. Paul and have been denounced by him.  Maybe we should make Ron Paul pay a huge fine to the Rainbow Coalition, and go to Rehab.  Then he'll be "clean".... right?

So who wrote them?
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Physics

• ∇xE=-1/c·∂B/∂t, ∇·E=4πρ, ∇·B=0, ∇xB=1/c·∂E/∂t, F=q(E+v/cxB)
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2008, 08:10:57 PM »
Ok, if Ron Paul is a racist, then what policy has he proposed that is unfair?  I don't buy this Ron Paul racist crap simply because his proposed policies would impact everyone in the same way, or at least relatively.  If he hasn't proposed anything even somewhat controversial (racially), then what is the problem?  Don't actions speak louder than words?
In the world of science, there is physics.  Everything else is stamp collecting.  -Ernest Rutherford

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2008, 08:25:51 PM »
Wow, impressive.
Srsly.

So who wrote them?

George Bush, duh.   rolleyes     smiley
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

wooderson

• friend
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2008, 09:11:03 PM »
I can't believe Kirchick was able to form such a massive missive against Dr. Paul based entirely upon exerpts from 10-year-old newsletters that were not written by Dr. Paul and have been denounced by him.
You didn't read the article or the excerpts, did you?

The material covers a range from 1978 to the mid-90s - one might expect your boy Paul to have read some of the newsletters he was producing and profiting from in that time span.

I guess the Iran-Contra defense is alive and well - he's senile! Didn't know nothin'.
"The famously genial grin turned into a rictus of senile fury: I was looking at a cruel and stupid lizard."

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2008, 06:09:37 AM »
So who wrote them?

George Bush, duh.   rolleyes     smiley

DOH!  grin

Its amazing what the apaulogists will say to defend Mr. Paul
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Tecumseh

• friend
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2008, 06:05:16 AM »
I would be willing to bet that there are more KKK members supporting Fred Thompson then Ron Paul.  I am willing to bet that the hardcore Christian Terrorists are supporting Ron Paul, by this I mean Christian terrorists and Racial Identity movements. 

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2008, 06:56:11 AM »
I would be willing to bet that there are more KKK members supporting Fred Thompson then Ron Paul.

And where did you pull this supposition from?

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2008, 07:02:22 AM »
I would be willing to bet that there are more KKK members supporting Fred Thompson then Ron Paul.

And what does it have to do with the alleged "Mr. Paul Letters"?

SteveS

• The Voice of Reason
  • friends
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2008, 08:07:29 AM »
Oops, I posted this link on another thread, but it is applies more to this discussion.

http://www.economist.com/blogs/democracyinamerica/2008/01/the_rockwell_files.cfm
Profanity is the linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother****er.

MrRezister

• friend
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2008, 08:41:53 AM »

Did you mean suppository, or would that have been too obvious?
He never brought you an unbalanced budget, which is a perennial joke. He never voted himself a wage increase and, to this day, gives back part of his salary every year. He has always voted to preserve the Constitution, cut government spending, lower healthcare costs, end the war on drugs, secure our borders with immigration reform and protect our civil liberties.

Tecumseh

• friend
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2008, 08:45:42 AM »

Did you mean suppository, or would that have been too obvious?

I said "I would be willing to bet," not that I had proof.   But based on my limited interactions with Fred Thompson supporters I think I would win.  I am just guessing. 

MrRezister

• friend
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2008, 10:54:11 AM »

I said "I would be willing to bet," not that I had proof.   But based on my limited interactions with Fred Thompson supporters I think I would win.  I am just guessing. 

It's alright, I understand how baseless attacks work.  I'm a Paul supporter myself, but attempting to associate any of the candidates with the KKK is just a Micheal Moore-level argument, sort of like his cartoon depicting all the KKK members trading in their sheets for NRA memberships. 
In other words, "worthless".

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2008, 11:19:23 AM »
I would be willing to bet that there are more KKK members supporting Fred Thompson then Ron Paul.  I am willing to bet that the hardcore Christian Terrorists are supporting Ron Paul, by this I mean Christian terrorists and Racial Identity movements. 

Do people like that even give a flip about primaries?  It's all rigged by the Joooos anyway, right? 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife