Author Topic: Where is the Libertairian Presidential Candidate?  (Read 6205 times)

Desertdog

• friends
Where is the Libertairian Presidential Candidate?
« on: January 17, 2008, 10:12:01 AM »
To me, this is the question: Where is the Libertarian Presidential Candidate?
I know Ron Paul is running in the Republican primary, but who is running in the Libertarian primary.
What are their views on "Amnesty"?  What are their views on open/closed borders? 

With the ruckus raised on the last comprehensive amnesty they may be able win on a closed border, no amnesty, lower taxes and improved military platform.

Not just the presidential, but all the public offices.

MrRezister

• I resist. It's what I do.
  • friend
  • Shank, shank, shank mommy's ankles!
Re: Where is the Libertairian Presidential Candidate?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 03:48:07 AM »
From the website:

The Libertarian Party has long recognized the importance of allowing free and open immigration, understanding that this leads to a growing and more prosperous America. We condemn the xenophobic immigrant bashing that would build a wall around the United States. At the same time, we recognize that the right to enter the United States does not include the right to economic entitlements such as welfare. The freedom to immigrate is a freedom of opportunity, not a guarantee of a handout.

Source:
http://www.lp.org/issues/immigration.shtml

In spite of Dr. Paul's "reputation" as being more Libertarian than Republican, I think he qualifies as more of a 
libertarian which makes him considerably more likely to get my vote than anyone put up by the "Big L" (or Big R or Big D, for that matter).
He never brought you an unbalanced budget, which is a perennial joke. He never voted himself a wage increase and, to this day, gives back part of his salary every year. He has always voted to preserve the Constitution, cut government spending, lower healthcare costs, end the war on drugs, secure our borders with immigration reform and protect our civil liberties.

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 05:39:52 AM »
xenophobic immigrant bashing

rolleyes
7-11 was a part time job.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 07:19:16 AM »
The Paulistinians around here, particularly a week ago, were big L, for sure.

For LLLOOOOOON.

Tecumseh

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2008, 08:14:03 AM »
I am a big "L" Libertarian.  I freely admit it.  I am a member of the party as well.

I do believe they are not going to run anyone if Ron Paul gets the nomination, however if he does not they will continue their nominations.  So far they have been sending information out to their party members but in the end if Ron Paul gets the Republican nominations, the party will just support Ron Paul.

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2008, 10:19:18 AM »
Confiring with his minions in an undisclosed parents basement somewhere...

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2008, 10:26:14 AM »
The party will not support him. His cult has seen to that.

Republicans in New Hampshire saw the Paulistinians:

1. Ruin a Nashua holiday event by bellowing at the top of their lungs about Paul during a nonpolitical event.
2. Stand on streetcorners before the primaries, screaming that "9/11 was an inside job", while waving Paul signs.
3. Chasing Sean Hannity around on national TV like a crazed mob in the middle east.
4. Harass people supporting other candidates, even other Republicans, trying to shout them down and get in their way.
5. Deliberately get arrested for having unregistered vehicles, etc, and then make a huge scene in front of everyone, screaming about Nazis.

No. Nobody will be voting for Paul after that. Not here.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2008, 11:59:26 AM »
I am a big "L" Libertarian.  I freely admit it.  I am a member of the party as well.

"Big L" refers to the Libertarian Party.  "Little l" refers to libertarianism as an ideology, and to libertarians who aren't members of the Libertarian Party.  Thus, Ron Paul is a libertarian, but not a Libertarian. 

Chasing Sean Hannity around on national TV like a crazed mob in the middle east.

You mean, like a buncha' Palestinians?    laugh
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2008, 12:28:15 PM »
You mean, like a buncha' Palestinians?   

ya beat me to the draw....

Got give the Palis credit where its due, and they do an angry mob like no one else.

wooderson

• friend
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2008, 12:35:39 PM »
Gets old dodging the Paul gauntlet at gun shows.
"The famously genial grin turned into a rictus of senile fury: I was looking at a cruel and stupid lizard."

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2008, 01:00:33 PM »

There weren't any at this last one.

Being that some of the local organizers of those have been investigated in connection with the weapons supplied to the Browns, the militant tax evaders, I suspect they're not exactly wanted at gun shows.

Tecumseh

• friend
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2008, 01:56:48 PM »

There weren't any at this last one.

Being that some of the local organizers of those have been investigated in connection with the weapons supplied to the Browns, the militant tax evaders, I suspect they're not exactly wanted at gun shows.

Do you have any links and evidence.  I do believe it possible but I would like some more concrete evidence.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2008, 02:15:54 PM »
He's saying that people who put on gun shows in New Hampshire have been investigated in the Brown case (they were holed up in New Hampshire).  Why are you getting all skeptical? 

Or do you want evidence that there wasn't a Ron Paul contingent at the last gun show he attended? 

Or did you want evidence that Ron Paul supporters have been looking for kindred spirits at gun shows? 

Tecumseh

• friend
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2008, 02:28:34 PM »
Are you suggesting that it is wrong of me to question someone's word on the internet? 

I know that Manedwolf is against Ron Paul and I just want some sources to back up his claim that they are trying to help the Browns.  Is that wrong?

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2008, 02:39:29 PM »
Really?  Manedwolf isn't a fan of Ron Paul?   smiley

Actually, I thought he meant that the gun show organizers had been investigated, which wouldn't be at all surprising. 

If he is saying that the "Ron Paul gauntlet" organizers were being investigated, I guess that would be a little more controversial. 

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2008, 04:14:43 PM »
The Ron Paul gauntlet at our local show (this weekend, yay)  makes the cheap sword/jerky/ beanie baby vendors look appealing.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2008, 05:52:43 PM »
Really?  Manedwolf isn't a fan of Ron Paul?   smiley

Actually, I thought he meant that the gun show organizers had been investigated, which wouldn't be at all surprising. 

If he is saying that the "Ron Paul gauntlet" organizers were being investigated, I guess that would be a little more controversial. 

No, the gun show organizers are fine. Show is good, no problems there. I am not saying anything bad about them, they are a legitimate company with no criminal record, ever. They have not been investigated for anything. Don't libel the show organizers, we like them here!

It's the Ron Paul fanatics who have been investigated, particularly the members of the "Free State Project", who used to always be evangelizing outside the shows...mixed sermons of Ron Paul + Free State + "9/11 was an inside job", and things photocopied badly on alarming orange paper. They don't, anymore. One was investigated for threats, two are actually being held on federal weapons charges, including producing destructive devices, straw purchase, etc, to help the Browns. They actually aquired the weapons, Tannerite and other stuff for the Browns, or that will be proved in court, at least. Bunch of winners.

And what I mean is this:

Feds seek Brown sympathizers

By SCOTT BROOKS
New Hampshire Union Leader Staff
Wednesday, Oct. 10, 2007

Marshals have questioned members of the Free State Project, who deny they're violent.

Of course, after this, two of the "nonviolent" ones were arrested on the federal charges, so so much for that.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2008, 06:47:34 PM »
They don't, anymore. One was investigated for threats, two are actually being held on federal weapons charges, including producing destructive devices, straw purchase, etc, to help the Browns. They actually aquired the weapons, Tannerite and other stuff for the Browns, or that will be proved in court, at least. Bunch of winners.

Winners in my book, doing that shouldn't be illegal to begin with.

Chasing Sean Hannity around on national TV like a crazed mob in the middle east. Chasing Sean Hannity around on national TV like a crazed mob in the middle east.

That was pretty funny, don't care much for Mr. Hannity.

No. Nobody will be voting for Paul after that. Not here.

Nobody? I will.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2008, 07:45:43 PM »
Ya know, I used to think the Free State Project was a halfway decent idea. 

I don't any more.

And I almost feel sorry for Ron Paul.  The poor guy is just trying to run a campagin.  Too many of these loons latch on to him and drag him down just by trying to support him.  They truly make matters worse for Mr Paul, not better.  The man seems to have a magnetism for the wrong people.  Same goes for the FSP, I think.  They both draw in the lunatic fringe.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2008, 08:15:11 PM »

No, the gun show organizers are fine. Show is good, no problems there. I am not saying anything bad about them, they are a legitimate company with no criminal record, ever. They have not been investigated for anything. Don't libel the show organizers, we like them here!

Libel?  I didn't libel anyone.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2008, 09:00:13 PM »

Libel?  I didn't libel anyone.

I know you didn't. I just don't want anyone to run with that and accidentally do so. Smiley

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2008, 09:05:21 PM »
Ya know, I used to think the Free State Project was a halfway decent idea. 

I don't any more.

And I almost feel sorry for Ron Paul.  The poor guy is just trying to run a campagin.  Too many of these loons latch on to him and drag him down just by trying to support him.  They truly make matters worse for Mr Paul, not better.  The man seems to have a magnetism for the wrong people.  Same goes for the FSP, I think.  They both draw in the lunatic fringe.

Much like Marxism, it was an idea that seemed like an attractive one at the time on paper, then got totally out of control when they tried to do it in the real world. It was written by a pure-academic sort, and then attracted all kinds of loons. Their first mistake was doing a carpetbagger movement in a region that hates outsiders coming in and telling them how things should be, and then the black-helicopter sorts took over after that.

LAK

• friend
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2008, 11:13:13 PM »
Gets old dodging the Paul gauntlet at gun shows
It'll get old being reduced to what they have in the U.K. now where magazines - the paper type - like "Guns & Ammo" are a sort of "contraband" - in the North American Union. "Gunshows" will be as much a thing of the past as the mail order surplus guns before the GCA.

If a "libertarian" or any other candidate gets into office and does not pledge to pole ax the NAU, and anything like it down the road, there are going to be alot of things that "get old".

I get the impression that too few people realize just how important this coming election is. The momentum gained by the NAU and related UN agendas is going run right over us if they are not decisely stopped this time around. Ron Paul will do it; can not say the same of any of the others.

-------------------------------------

http://searchronpaul.com
http://ussliberty.org
http://ssunitedstates.org

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2008, 04:38:48 AM »
So, LAK, you're saying you want the president to be a unitary executive with absolute power?

A President can't DO anything. They have veto power, and they can talk, and they can appoint the Supreme justices as the slots open up. Even that is subject to approval.

But I'd not expect Paulians to know that, really. LORD PAUL SHALL SAAAAAVE US!  rolleyes

(And based on Paul voting no on protecting gun makers, I think he'd probably veto the wrong things! Guy did nothing for countless years in Congress, and the only shot he takes at anyone was friendly fire!)

Paddy

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2008, 05:46:43 AM »
Who cares where is the Libertairian candidate.  We've got a one party system in this country.  No others need apply.