Author Topic: Midway, Midsouth, Natchezss, Graf & Sons  (Read 5929 times)

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
Re: Midway, Midsouth, Natchezss, Graf & Sons
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2008, 09:34:06 AM »
4" groups is about what I've gotten with the SA out of my Saiga...
Avoid cliches like the plague!

brimic

• friends
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2008, 10:24:47 AM »
I wonder how Portugese ammo shoots?

I bought a few cans of this for a whopping $27 per can a few years ago at a dunham's. I was looking over the counter at their ammo and noticed the price on them, don't know if they priced it correctly, but I bought every can they had. angel

Unfortunately I don't have any 'fun' guns in .308, just a bolt action hunting rifle  sad

edit: and no, its not for sale!
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

280plus

• friend
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2008, 10:37:33 AM »
Can I buy some anyways?  cheesy

There's onyl one way to find out how it shoots my friend...  grin

Paddy

« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2008, 04:21:24 PM »
HOLY CRAP!  I went to Wallyworld today for some WW white box 100 rd 'Value Pack' .45 acp.  $29!!  shocked  WTF last time I bought it was $13.  That's a 125% increase.  angry

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2008, 05:16:00 PM »
HOLY CRAP!  I went to Wallyworld today for some WW white box 100 rd 'Value Pack' .45 acp.  $29!!  shocked  WTF last time I bought it was $13.  That's a 125% increase.  angry

Wal-mart's prices aren't good at all on anything but Blazer Brass.

WWB is stupidly priced. I don't know what they think they're doing. It's over twice the price of Blazer Brass and S&B, and as much as premium defense ammo for the dirtiest ammo there is.

WWB is cheap crap, and Winchester is charging the price of premium hollowpoints for it. Are people still buying it out of habit?

I saw it, too, last time I checked. It was $11/50 Blazer Brass .45 ACP, which is $22/100. WWB was indeed $29. $7 more for inferior, dirtier ammo. Um...yeah.

Werewolf

• friend
  • Lead, Follow or Get the HELL out of the WAY!
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2008, 06:04:31 PM »
I wonder how Portugese ammo shoots?

I bought a few cans of this for a whopping $27 per can a few years ago at a dunham's. I was looking over the counter at their ammo and noticed the price on them, don't know if they priced it correctly, but I bought every can they had. angel

Unfortunately I don't have any 'fun' guns in .308, just a bolt action hunting rifle  sad

edit: and no, its not for sale!
DAMN MAN! Are you serious?

The only 308 mil-surp better than Portugese is Australian IMO. Excellent stuff.

And $27 a can? Think the opposite of It sucks to be you!

Oh... You can shoot it out of your bolt action hunting rifle. I've shot it out of my CZ-550 numerous times with excellent results. It's not MOA ammo but 2 MOA will do ya for most  any hunting you will do with a .308.
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love
truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Fight Me Online

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2008, 07:12:17 PM »

I'm confused.  You HATE Wal-Mart, but you buy ammo there. 

I only mildly dislike Wal-Mart, yet I choose to patronize gun stores for my ammo, even if it costs more.  Because I'd rather support gun people than big box people who don't care. 

What gives?  Huh?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Paddy

« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2008, 07:17:38 PM »
I figured you'd be along to jack me up over Walmart.  I didn't buy any ammo there today. I did spend $3.97 on socks, though.  And I buy Wranglers there.  Sue me.

I'm buying online from Graf & Sons, so I'm spending money in Missouri.  You should thank me.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2008, 08:35:36 PM »
I buy Wranglers there, too. 

You hit a bit of a sore spot with me.  Maybe because I saw a couple of local gun stores fold in the past few years.  Yet, every day, there's a new thread in THR about some Wal-Mart, somewhere, ditching their handguns.  Or quitting the gun business altogether.  It's obvious which sort of store depends on gun dollars, and which could not care less.

I have this crazy idea that gun stores are supporting RKBA with some of their profit, so I don't know why other politically-aware gun guys are taking their business to big box stores.  But there are probably a lot of things I should do differently to help the cause, so...

crt360

• friend
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2008, 08:47:48 PM »

Wal-mart's prices aren't good at all on anything but Blazer Brass.

WWB is stupidly priced. I don't know what they think they're doing. It's over twice the price of Blazer Brass and S&B, and as much as premium defense ammo for the dirtiest ammo there is.

WWB is cheap crap, and Winchester is charging the price of premium hollowpoints for it. Are people still buying it out of habit?

I saw it, too, last time I checked. It was $11/50 Blazer Brass .45 ACP, which is $22/100. WWB was indeed $29. $7 more for inferior, dirtier ammo. Um...yeah.

My local Wal-Mart just jumped from $10 up to $15 on the Blazer Brass .45 ACP and $8 to $13 on Blazer Brass .40.  I went in to buy a case or two, saw the new prices, commented to the guy behind the counter and left.  WWB is the cheapest 9mm at $9 a box.  I'm either going to have to find some new income or start shooting a lot more .22.  sad
For entertainment purposes only.

Paddy

« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2008, 08:49:56 PM »
Well, I ain't buyin' any crappy Blazer because I hoard the brass.  Glad I still have those old SAECO 4 cavity moulds.  Now all I have to do is find some lead....................

brimic

• friends
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2008, 02:52:49 AM »
I went to the local Sportsman's warehouse last night. Apparantly they are going out of business and are selling all reloading supplies and guns for 10% off. Must have been old news because all of the good stuff was picked through already. angry I ended up buying several containers of CLP, and other cleaning supplies.  I found out that their knives were 30% off, and ended up paying $40 for a Delica4 plain edge.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

280plus

• friend
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2008, 03:12:45 AM »
Wranglers? Dweebs...  cheesy

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2008, 06:39:07 AM »
I buy Wranglers there, too. 

You hit a bit of a sore spot with me.  Maybe because I saw a couple of local gun stores fold in the past few years.  Yet, every day, there's a new thread in THR about some Wal-Mart, somewhere, ditching their handguns.  Or quitting the gun business altogether.  It's obvious which sort of store depends on gun dollars, and which could not care less.

I have this crazy idea that gun stores are supporting RKBA with some of their profit, so I don't know why other politically-aware gun guys are taking their business to big box stores.  But there are probably a lot of things I should do differently to help the cause, so...

Sometimes, gun stores do it to themselves.

There's one near me that's smart, they apparently got a contract to bring in S&B ammo, and they underprice Wally World. It flies off their shelves. When people are in there for that, they walk past the guns, too, and often buy one. Their prices are as cheap or cheaper than online...new Saigas are $259 for the 5.56, $289 for the 7.62. Lots of business, they move lots of guns. 

There's another that I'm not sure how they stay in business, since it's just a bunch of old guys sitting around eating, and everything is covered in dust. They wanted $560 for a used Saiga .308. Probably won't be in business much longer unless it's funded by someone's trust fund.

Paddy

« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2008, 02:04:13 PM »
Wranglers? Dweebs...  cheesy

What's wrong with Wranglers?  They're $16 and heavy denim with big pockets.

280plus

• friend
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2008, 03:38:12 PM »
I da know, just never liked the way they fit.. Carhartts for me thanks...  grin

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2008, 04:01:52 PM »
  WWB is the cheapest 9mm at $9 a box. 

$14.95 for 100 rounds wwb at Mao-Mart in Ames, IA

-C
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2008, 04:20:34 PM »
I da know, just never liked the way they fit.. Carhartts for me thanks...  grin

Carharts?  I'm guessing those are about 289.99 a pair?   smiley  Those have become too fashionable for me, kind of like Hilfiger.  Tongue

280plus

• friend
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2008, 05:22:27 PM »
Not quite sparky... $30 maybe, I'd have to check cabelas... "Their toughest work jean" and they are pretty tough...  shocked

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/index/index-display.jsp?id=cat601901&navAction=jump&navCount=1&cmCat=MainCatcat21082&parentType=category&parentId=cat21082

The relaxed fit pockets have plenty of room for your favorite J frame...  grin