Author Topic: Vtech survivor becomes advocate of victimhood...  (Read 7089 times)

Manedwolf

• friend
Vtech survivor becomes advocate of victimhood...
« on: January 22, 2008, 08:21:18 AM »
What on earth can make a human being become a willing prey animal like this? I would have expected the opposite.

Va. Tech Families Protest State Gun Law
By KRISTEN GELINEAU
Associated Press Writer

RICHMOND, Va. - Survivors and families of the victims of the Virginia Tech shootings faced off Monday against gun-rights advocates over a bill that would prevent criminals and the mentally ill from buying firearms at gun shows.
About 100 supporters of the measure lay on the Capitol lawn to honor the victims of gun violence, as about 200 opponents stood nearby, holding signs that read, "Here Lie Disarmed Victims."

At one point, Jeff Knox, director of operations of the Manassas-based Firearms Coalition, approached survivor Colin Goddard and said students could have stopped student Seung-Hui Cho's rampage if they had been allowed to carry guns on campus.

"I would have stopped him," Knox said. "Because when I went to school, I carried a gun. It was legal; I did it."

Goddard, a Virginia Tech senior who was shot four times in the April 16 massacre, was taken aback, then said: "I feel sorry for you - the fact that you feel you need to protect yourself in every situation.

"You're afraid of crazy situations happening. I've lived through this and I know that I can't continue in my life afraid of things," he said, adding that he put his "full trust" in the police to protect society.

The idiocy and utter sheep-ness of that makes me physically ill. THE POLICE DIDN'T HELP LAST TIME, DID THEY?!

http://kevxml2a.verizon.net/_1_26K4TO103RG53GY__vzn.isp/apnws/story.htm?kcfg=apart&sin=D8UAJ83O0&qcat=usnews&ran=31510&passqi=&feed=ap&top=1

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
Re: Vtech survivor becomes advocate of victimhood...
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 08:42:50 AM »
Why does this confuse you?

If you surrender, you will be safe.  Fighting back would only make Cho mad.

These kids are taught to go belly up throughout school.  Our culture drips of womanly hand-wringing and submission, why would she believe differently?
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 08:43:23 AM »
""You're afraid of crazy situations happening. I've lived through this and I know that I can't continue in my life afraid of things," he said, adding that he put his "full trust" in the police to protect society."

Odd.

He wants a law to prevent things like this from happening again...

If he wants a law, he's afraid of it happening again...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2008, 08:46:11 AM »
Why does this confuse you?

If you surrender, you will be safe.  Fighting back would only make Cho mad.

There's apparently a very old story regarding that.

A group of merchants were confronted by a single Mongol warrior who, screaming at them and waving his sword, ordered them to line up.

Then, starting at one end, he beheaded one. Then another, continuing down the line.

Someone further down the line shouted "Fools! He is but one, we can take him!"

To which another replied "Idiot! Be quiet! Do you want to make him angry?!"

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2008, 09:12:13 AM »
"Duck and Cover!" is not a legitimate defense against a crazed gunman.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Unisaw

• friend
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2008, 10:39:25 AM »
It sounds like he is putting his faith in probabilities to protect him.  I'm sorry he went through the VT experience, but it sounds like he hasn't learned a thing.
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2008, 07:09:24 PM »
Survivors and families of the victims of the Virginia Tech shootings faced off Monday against gun-rights advocates over a bill that would prevent criminals and the mentally ill from buying firearms at gun shows.

Can someone translate, please? 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

CAnnoneer

• friend
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2008, 02:39:36 AM »
That puke's reaction is a form of release - because reality's possibilities are too painful to face, it is psychologically rewarding to accept a false version of reality, in which personal responsibility is completely outsourced while common sense is replaced with blind faith in the vendor.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2008, 03:17:28 AM »
Survivors and families of the victims of the Virginia Tech shootings faced off Monday against gun-rights advocates over a bill that would prevent criminals and the mentally ill from buying firearms at gun shows.

Can someone translate, please? 

Yeah, they are trying to close the "loophole" by not allowing private sellers at gun shows.
I'm actually surprised that gunshows allow it anymore.  But maybe they realize its not going to stop there.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

griz

• friend
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2008, 06:24:20 AM »
My understanding is Gov. Kaine already fixed the problem with reporting a "danger to others" finding to the state database.  This bill is about private sellers, which of course has nothing to do with the Tech murders.  But if you approach it from the mindset of "gun control good, non-governmental gun owners bad" then any law that is more restrictive is reasonable.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2008, 01:15:59 PM »
"You're afraid of crazy situations happening. I've lived through this and I know that I can't continue in my life afraid of things," he said, adding that he put his "full trust" in the police to protect society.

yea, that's why i carry water in the desert, or a spare tire in my car, or keep a warm blanket in my car in the winter. it's not living your life in fear, it's living your life being better prepared.

i'm sure it was a horrible ordeal to go through (i don't care if i were armed i would not have wanted to be in his shoes). but honestly, if a guy with a gun burst through his door again do you think he would say to himself,"damn, i wish i had a gun!", or "gee, i sure am glad i shut down that gun show loophole".

make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

stevelyn

• friend
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2008, 04:48:09 AM »
Too bad Darwin missed his opportunity with this one. He apparently never learned anything from the attack.
Be careful that the toes you step on now aren't connected to the ass you have to kiss later.

Eat Moose. Wear Wolf.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2008, 12:01:51 PM »
Too bad Darwin missed his opportunity with this one. He apparently never learned anything from the attack.

Are you saying it would have been better had he died in the shooting? 

SomeKid

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2008, 02:56:14 PM »
fistful,

If he is not, then I will.

Keep in mind, for the rest of that young left wingers life, he will be for stripping our freedoms away. In other words, he is nothing more than a willful and knowing helper of a future tyrant. Tyrants, and their willful and knowing helpers, all deserve the same fate.

CAnnoneer

• friend
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2008, 03:34:02 PM »

Yes.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2008, 01:52:10 AM »
fistful,

If he is not, then I will.

Keep in mind, for the rest of that young left wingers life, he will be for stripping our freedoms away. In other words, he is nothing more than a willful and knowing helper of a future tyrant. Tyrants, and their willful and knowing helpers, all deserve the same fate.

Kinda hard to vote from the grave.....at least in Virginia......
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

stevelyn

• friend
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2008, 04:06:30 AM »

Yup, couldn't care less if he'd croaked. He apparently didn't learn anything from the attack and he's pushing his flawed logic as to possibly affect my rights.

It's a shame that someone who actually died might have become another Suzanna Gratia-Hupp out of that mess.
Be careful that the toes you step on now aren't connected to the ass you have to kiss later.

Eat Moose. Wear Wolf.

SomeKid

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2008, 08:18:39 AM »

Yup, couldn't care less if he'd croaked. He apparently didn't learn anything from the attack and he's pushing his flawed logic as to possibly affect my rights.

It's a shame that someone who actually died might have become another Suzanna Gratia-Hupp out of that mess.

Had he done that, it would have shown he was capable of learning. Sadly, Coulter was right about liberalism.

wooderson

• friend
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2008, 11:57:31 AM »
Kid's 30% right.

Too many people do live their lives in constant fear of the unlikely. Risk assessment is not the modern American's strong suit.
"The famously genial grin turned into a rictus of senile fury: I was looking at a cruel and stupid lizard."

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2008, 12:15:56 PM »
Kid's 30% right.

Too many people do live their lives in constant fear of the unlikely. Risk assessment is not the modern American's strong suit.

Don't you dare have a fire extinguisher, then. Or even a smoke alarm. Or car insurance.

wooderson

• friend
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2008, 03:45:31 PM »
Having a fire extinguisher near the stove vs. planning your entire life around the possibility that a fire may erupt.
"The famously genial grin turned into a rictus of senile fury: I was looking at a cruel and stupid lizard."

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2008, 04:06:17 PM »
Having a fire extinguisher near the stove vs. planning your entire life around the possibility that a fire may erupt.

Yeah, because bad things never suddenly happen.

Some former New Orleans residents might disagree, if they could.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2008, 04:12:45 PM »
I missed the part where wooderson said that bad things never happen, and that fire extinguishers are useless talismans for the paranoid.  Could you quote that part for us, Manedwolf?

SomeKid

« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2008, 07:09:32 PM »
Maned, you are aware there was warning DAYS in advance of Katrina, and the NO residents simply stuck their heads in the sand then after the fact screamed for everyone else to come help them, right? Sort of parallel to have a shooter running around your campus killing people, and hoping he will be nice and let you live, so you do nothing to prepare, and after the fact don't change a thing.

TwitchALot

« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2008, 10:43:48 PM »
""You're afraid of crazy situations happening. I've lived through this and I know that I can't continue in my life afraid of things," he said, adding that he put his "full trust" in the police to protect society."

Odd.

He wants a law to prevent things like this from happening again...

If he wants a law, he's afraid of it happening again...

At least there's nothing really wrong with the last part, though. It's not like he said he puts his full trust in the police to protect individuals or anything.  rolleyes