Author Topic: John McCains conscience - and the USS Liberty  (Read 10036 times)

LAK

• friend
John McCains conscience - and the USS Liberty
« on: January 25, 2008, 02:56:01 AM »
Liberty Cover-Up and John McCains Conscience
by William Hughes
www.dissidentvoice.org
July 12, 2004

U.S.S. Liberty Cover-Up and John McCains Conscience

Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) is the Conscience of the Senate. Nevertheless, he wont come clean about what really happened to the USS Liberty, at the hands of the Israelis, via napalm, gunfire, torpedoes and missiles, on June 8, 1967, 13 miles off the coast of the Sinai Peninsula. McCains conscience, it seems, has its limits. I suspect its because the powerful Israeli Lobby weighs in so ominously in Washington, DC, protecting the interests of its favorite country -- Israel -- and making sure the mostly mousey congress people are kept totally in line or else. (www.wrmea.com)

I wrote Sen. McCain, the Conscience of the Senate, back on March 8, 1997, pointing out to him that for close to 30 years, the truth concerning Israels murderous attack on the USS Liberty has been covered-up... I underscored for him that, The conspiracy of silence concerning the Liberty must be ended now. I urged him, To stand up on the Senate floor and demand that Congress do its duty: investigate the Liberty affair...call all the survivors and all relevant witnesses to testify at a public hearing. Let justice, finally, be done for the fallen heroes of the Liberty. (I found out later that one of the fallen heroes was Petty Office William B. Allenbaugh, a Baltimorean, who had graduated from my alma mater, Calvert Hall H.S.)

McCain declined my offer to raise his voice on behalf of the Liberty. He said that he wasnt going to do anything about it because the matter was thoroughly reviewed. Really! In his letter to me, dated, April 28, 1997, he relied on the results of the now totally discredited Naval Court of Inquiry, which was conducted by Rear Admiral Isaac Kidd, USN. It began on June 10, 1967, and lasted less than a week. A scathing and devastating rebuttal of that seriously flawed Naval Inquiry can be found in the Declaration, dated Jan. 8, 2004, of Capt. Ward Boston, Jr., JAGC, USN (Ret). He was the senior legal counsel to the USS Libertys Court of Naval Inquiry. Boston said that Admiral Kidd, the presiding officer of the Court, felt that the attack was deliberate and that the Israelis were murderous bastards Boston added that Kidd was pressured by the White House and the Defense Department to return a finding that the attack was a result of mistaken identity.

The unprovoked assault on the Liberty, which lasted 75 minutes, killed 34 brave Americans and wounded 172 others (Assault on the Liberty, James M. Ennes, Jr. and James Bamfords Body of Secrets). The Israelis were trying to murder all 294 Americans on board the surveillance vessel, sink it, and make it look like the Egyptians had done it (Operation Cyanide, by Peter Hounam). The Israelis claimed it was a mistake, (See, Zionist Israel apologists Ahron Jay Cristol, The Liberty Incident. Cristol also smears those demanding justice in the Liberty matter as conspiracy theorists.)

Now, heres the kicker: One of the Navy bigwigs pushing hard for a sanitized Liberty inquiry was none other than Sen. McCains father, Admiral John S. McCain, Jr., Commander-in-Chief, Naval Forces Europe. He wanted the investigation done in less than a week. Boston said a proper inquiry would take at least six months. Admiral McCain also wouldnt permit Admiral Kidd to travel to Israel or to contact any potential Israelis witnesses. In fact, according to Boston, the written affidavits of 60 witnesses from the Liberty itself, who were hospitalized at the time of the restricted Inquiry, were also excluded from the final report and not considered as part of the evidentiary record. Boston is convinced, too, that the Israelis machine-gunning of the Libertys lifeboats, while the crew was trying desperately to assist their colleagues that were seriously wounded, was a war crime. Boston said higher ups wanted to put a lid on everything concerning the Liberty.

Many competent and authoritative responses have been made to all of the lame excuses raised by the Israelis and their sycophants. For compelling evidence, check out the books of Ennes, Bamford and Hounam cited above; also, go to the www.ussliberty.org site itself, and its related links. Terrence OKeefes insightful The Myth of Thirteen Investigations is a good place to start anyones education in a quest for the full truth, along with the excellent video, USS Liberty Dead in the Water.

So, McCain, the Conscience of the Senate wasnt going to do anything about bringing justice to the Liberty! He did, however, say something else in his letter that made me feel suspicious about his do-nothing position. He said, The attacking nation did not submit any evidence or testimony on their behalf about the assault at the inquiry. Attacking nation! What is that suppose to mean? Why couldnt McCain just come right out, he is the Conscience of the Senate after all, and simply say: The Israelis? Why use a deceptive term, like: attacking nation? Talk about Orwellian Double Speak! I cant imagine McCain writing about the attack on U.S. forces at Pearl Harbor, on Dec. 7, 1941, and instead of stating up front that Japan was responsible, refer to that sneaky, militant aggressor as the attacking nation.

McCain may be known as the Conscience of the Senate, but considering the low reputation of that body, thats not really saying much. I mean these are the same political weasels, led by that repulsive Sen. Joseph I. Lieberman (D-Ct), who passed the USA Patriot Act in the middle of the night, without any public hearing. Then, they gave away their Constitutional war-making power, under Art. 1, Sec. 8, to President George W. Bush, Jr., so he could lie us into the Iraqi conflict. And, while the country was still reeling from all of that, the Congress enacted the draconian Homeland Security Law. McCain participated in all three of these gross violations of the public trust, acting as a lap dog for the hawkish Lieberman.

Now, having said all of that, everyone knows that McCain is a genuine war hero. He spent 7 dreadful years as a Vietnam POW, under some horrific conditions. He was a naval pilot, who was shot down on a bombing run over that beleaguered country. Some POWs, however, seem like bigger, more celebrated heroes than others. I think it depends on your family, and PR connections, too, and also your propaganda value, if you know what I mean. For example, it didnt hurt McCain that his dad and his grandfather were both admirals in the U.S. Navy.

Meanwhile, my old buddy from South Baltimore, Harry Agro, was a U.S. Navy guy, and a POW, too. He was a gunnery mate on merchant marine ships and survived two sinkings. Somebody should make a movie about Agros harrowing war time experiences. He spent close to 3 years in a Japanese POW camp, Hakodate, on the northern most island of Hokkaido, during WWII. The racist Japanese guards, (they hated Americans), beat Agro viciously just about every day of the week. They also worked him almost to death in their coal mines, while giving him little to eat. Harrys father, a native of Sicily, unlike McCains, was a blue-collar worker. So, nobody has heard much about his sons POW ordeal. McCain, yes. Agro, no. Even so, Agro will always be one of my personal heroes.

Finally, important and relevant disclosures have been made regarding the Liberty matter, since the Conscience of the Senate sent his half-baked letter to me on April 28, 1997. During this presidential election year, McCain will be making numerous campaign stops on behalf of the Bush-Cheney Gang. If you get a chance, ask him this question: When are you going to stop covering-up about what really happened to the USS Liberty?

William Hughes is the author of Saying No to the War Party (IUniverse, Inc.). He can be reached at liamhughes@mindspring.com. ? William Hughes 2004

http://www.dissidentvoice.org/July2004/Hughes0712.htm

-----------------------------------------

http://searchronpaul.com
http://ussliberty.org
http://ssunitedstates.org

MechAg94

• friend
Re: John McCains conscience - and the USS Liberty
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 04:11:09 AM »
Other than his father being involved, why is this being dumped on McCain?  It just strikes me as a bit of a stretch.  Did I miss something?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

LAK

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 04:32:07 AM »
Read the second and third paragraph again and perhaps you'll get it.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2008, 04:41:40 AM »
If you want insight into McCain's "conscience" just google "Keating Five."
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

stevelyn

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2008, 04:43:23 AM »
Instead of justice, McStain lends his support for Israel's proxy war we're fighting in Iraq.
Be careful that the toes you step on now aren't connected to the ass you have to kiss later.

Eat Moose. Wear Wolf.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2008, 07:30:28 AM »
This guy Hughes sounds like Alex Jones. rolleyes
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2008, 08:06:51 AM »
If you want insight into McCain's "conscience" just google "Keating Five."

Yeah, we're all paying for McCain's born-again-ethical stance on money & politics.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2008, 07:02:51 PM »
This guy Hughes sounds like Alex Jones. rolleyes

Except few of the primary sources of information for Alex Jones are Medal of Honor citations.  Capt McGonagle was awarded the MOH for his defense against all odds and keeping his crew alive.  As a minor piece of trivia, he is one of the few people to be photographed during the actions of which won them the MOH.  He wasn't wearing pants in the photograph.  They had to be cut off to get at some of the wounds he sustained.

For conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity at the risk of his life above and beyond the call of duty as Commanding Officer, USS Liberty (AGTR-5) in the Eastern Mediterranean on 8-9 June 1967. Sailing in international waters, the Liberty was attacked without warning by jet fighter aircraft and motor torpedo boats which inflicted many casualties among the crew and caused extreme damage to the ship. Although severely wounded during the first air attack, Captain (then Commander) McGonagle remained at his battle station on the badly damaged bridge and, with full knowledge of the seriousness of his wounds, subordinated his own welfare to the safety and survival of his command. Steadfastly refusing any treatment which would take him away from his post, he calmly continued to exercise firm command of his ship. Despite continuous exposure to fire, he maneuvered his ship, directed its defense, supervised the control of flooding and fire, and saw to the care of the casualties. Captain McGonagle's extraordinary valor under these conditions inspired the surviving members of the Liberty's crew, many of them seriously wounded, to heroic efforts to overcome the battle damage and keep the ship afloat. Subsequent to the attack, although in great pain and weak from the loss of blood, Captain McGonagle remained at his battle station and continued to conn his ship for more than seventeen hours. It was only after rendezvous with a United States destroyer that he relinquished personal control of the Liberty and permitted himself to be removed from the bridge. Even then, he refused much needed medical attention until convinced that the seriously wounded among his crew had been treated. Captain McGonagle's superb professionalism, courageous fighting spirit, and valiant leadership saved his ship and many lives. His actions sustain and enhance the finest traditions of the United States Naval Service.

His XO got the Navy Cross.

*ARMSTRONG, PHILIP MCCUTCHEON, JR.
Citation:
The Navy Cross is presented to Philip McCutcheon Armstrong, Jr., Lieutenant Commander, U.S. Navy, for extraordinary heroism on 8 June 1967 in connection with an armed attack on U.S.S. LIBERTY (AGTR-5) in the Eastern Mediterranean. During the early afternoon hours, LIBERTY was attacked without warning by jet fighter aircraft and three motor torpedo boats. Subjected to intense incendiary, machine-gun, and rocket fire, and placed in extreme jeopardy by a torpedo hit below the waterline on the starboard side, LIBERTY sustained numerous personnel casualties and severe structural damage. Serving as Executive Officer, Lieutenant Commander Armstrong was on the bridge when the first strafing attack occurred. A large fire erupted in the vicinity of two 55-gallon gasoline drums, creating the grave danger that the drums might explode and cause a widespread conflagration. Lieutenant Commander Armstrong fearlessly exposed himself to overwhelmingly accurate rocket and machine-gun fire while proceeding to jettison the gasoline drums and organizing a party of men to extinguish the blazing lifeboats nearby. At this time, he received multiple injuries which proved to be fatal a few hours after the attack terminated. By his aggressiveness, composure under fire, and inspiring leadership, Lieutenant Commander Armstrong upheld the highest traditions of the United States Naval Service.
Authority: Navy Department Board of Decorations and Medals
Born: July 4, 1929 at Detroit, Michigan

Their ship was essentially unarmed, except for four light .50's.  Their lifeboats were napalmed.  They were strafed with cannon and rockets by fighters.  They were also attacked by torpedeo boats, which also used cannon and MG's at close range.  Sailors had to fight on ship fires under constant MG fire, which is bravery that borders on insanity.   They also had to prepare to repel boarders, due to helos loaded with soldiers attempting to land on their ship. 

Their communications were initially jammed.  Then their commo was specifically targetted by ALL attacking elements.  Crewmen managed to patch together equipment to request a mayday to carriers of the Sixth Fleet.  Immediately after fighters from the USS Saratoga and USS America were radioed permission to engage all assaulting forces, the attack was broken off.

34 servicemen gave their lives.  174 were wounded in action.  Total merits: One Medal of Honor, two Navy Crosses, eleven Silver Stars, twenty Bronze Stars (with "V" device), nine Navy Commendation Medals, and 204 Purple Hearts.  The crew was also awarded the Presidential Unit Citation.

Perhaps you would like to compare Mark Bowden to Alex Jones as well?
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2008, 05:35:39 AM »
Perhaps you would like to compare Mark Bowden to Alex Jones as well?

Who's Mark Bowden and what does he have to do with Hughes sounding like Alex Jones?

I was talking solely of his "Zionist Conspiracy" crap. He lost me right there.
Don't try to twist it around into something it's not.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2008, 01:54:32 PM »
It went longer than expected before it was ridiculed as a conspiracy theory, thereby tainting any further intelligent discussion.
Be careful around this one.   police police police
It's a hottie.

(follows link)  heavy, syrupy sarcasm....
Oh sheesh, from a source calling itself "a radical newsletter in the struggle for peace and social justice"  Never was a chance for any polite or intelligent conversation.

Sorry LAK, I'm gonna have to stand by and watch, you really shoulda known better than that.... I've got my own battles today.

Syrupy sarcasm off.
7-11 was a part time job.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2008, 04:00:40 PM »
Read the second and third paragraph again and perhaps you'll get it.
Okay, I read those paragraphs and again and I still don't see it.  The article is damning McCain simply because he declined to respond to that letter?  Why don't you just claim he knew about 911.  McCain lied, people died!  McCain lied, people died!   laugh

Now if you want to get into the S&L scandal and all that stuff that I believe involved McCain, that would make a whole lot more sense.  Going after him for something he wasn't really involved in doesn't do it for me. 

As a separate thread, it might also be interesting to talk about that incident and the aftermath as well. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2008, 04:54:31 PM »
In the writeup of a medal is it SOP to omit the name of the offending country.  Neither citation specified the badguys. 
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2008, 06:27:01 PM »
It went longer than expected before it was ridiculed as a conspiracy theory, thereby tainting any further intelligent discussion.

Please tell me. Where was it ridiculed it as a conspiracy theory?

LAK

• friend
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2008, 12:46:01 AM »
MechAg94
Why don't you just claim he knew about 911.  McCain lied, people died!  McCain lied, people died!
Tripe.

Surviving crew members can speak for themselves, and address all the anti-american crap. So, from their new website:
Nonetheless, the legion of pro-Israel, anti-American apologists, while small, makes up for its lack of numbers and inability to mount any kind of legitimate defense by launching loud, vicious ad hominem attacks on anyone who attempts to raise the issue of the attack being deliberate. These anti-American apologists refuse to discuss the facts of the case. Rather they rely on "big lie" propaganda and attack anyone who questions the Israeli position as being "anti-Semitic".
http://www.gtr5.com

And RE: second and third paragraph, and something that might have rung a bell with John McCain if he was all that he claims to be;
The Betrayal of American Veterans

Americans who volunteer for military service effectively write a blank check, payable to "The United States of America," for an amount "up to and including my life." The United States, in turn, promises to spend these checks responsibly. That bargain implicitly includes a promise by the United States to seek retribution against anyone who harms them. In the case of USS Liberty, The United States of America is in default of its obligations.

You get it alright; McCain's loyalties are elsewhere, as were his father's. As were the WH at the time of the attack. Our sailors murdered with the complicity of the WH; it's a pity some involved at the highest level are already dead - they ought to have all faced a firing squad. The ones still alive ought to.

Captain McGonagle, given his medal almost in secret and allowed to die while the perpetrators of the crime against his crew and ship have enjoyed the protection of the WH.

What a shame. And John McCain couldn't lead me to the bathroom.

---------------------------------

http://www.ussliberty.org/oldindex.html
http://ssunitedstates.org

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2008, 04:10:07 AM »
Ah heck, everyone knows McCain is just a tool of the neo-cons, AIPAC, and their Amen Corner in the Congress. rolleyes
Numerous gov't inquiries have failed to prove any conspiracy.  The fact that this thread was started by someone who elsewhere argues against one of the best-proven connections in medicine suggests that no amount of evidence is going to pursuade him that this was not a fiendish plot by those dirty Israelis.  Coming up next, did 6 Million Jews really die in the Holocaust, or was it all made up by the Allies as a plot against the Germans?
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2008, 05:23:43 AM »
I am not ready to damn McCain for this particular, possible lapse(1).

Also, I am not convinced that there was some sort of US-Israeli conspiracy.  I could easily believe that both sides worked diligently to minimize the PR damage after the fact, though. That is SOP.

I am also not convinced that the Israelis attacked with knowledge that the ship was US/neutral.  Not enough evidence, frankly. 

However, I do not preclude the possibility. 

Why?  The Israelis have demonstrated that they have no problem engaging in espionage against the US and then using the fruits of those operations in ways that damage US interests.  If the Israeli gov't deemed it in their best interests to give the Liberty a good going-over, I would bet on the order being given, neutral party or not.

Just because Israel is the most decent country in the ME does not mean it is without fault.

"We have no eternal allies and we have no perpetual enemies. Our interests are perpetual and eternal and those interests it is our duty to follow."(2)
----Lord Palmerston, British Foreign Secretary, 1848

(1) Plenty of other reasons that are concrete, so no need to drag out those that are less so.

(2) Yet another reason to make dual/multi-citizenship illegal to the greatest extent possible.  Figure out just who you are & make your choice.  US citizens who actively seek the citizenship of another country as adults ought to be stripped of their US citizenship.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2008, 08:04:40 AM »
Quote from: Waitone on January 27, 2008, 08:54:31 PM
In the writeup of a medal is it SOP to omit the name of the offending country.  Neither citation specified the badguys. 

It appears that most Medal of Honor Citations that I've taken a quick glance at (about 20 chosen at random from WW II until today) the "enemy" may or may NOT be mentioned specifically.

For instance, on this page (Vietnam) http://www.history.army.mil/html/moh/vietnam-m-z.html, the first two citations make no mention of the North Vietnamese or Vietcong, while the third one does.

Same here (Korean war) http://www.history.army.mil/html/moh/koreanwar.html, most don't mention North Korean or Chinese, only enemy.

I'd read nothing into how those citations are worded.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2008, 10:07:15 AM »
So LAK, you don't like McCain because he didn't make it his personal crusade to delve into this incident and publicize all the nasty details?  His failure to take it on as a personal crusade is a betrayal of all veterans?  I don't see it.  I also think you are skipping over a long, long line of other veterans (like nearly all of them) who failed to make this issue their personal crusade since the incident happened. 

I appreciate your thoughts on the incident and why it is important for people to remember it and get all the facts.  I still don't see why you choose to go after McCain over it.  For what its worth, the author could have stated he sent a letter to General Powell, General Schwartzkopf, or a long line of Admirals and slammed them over getting the same response. 

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2008, 10:11:08 AM »
He didn't send it to me. He would have gotten a response from me.

Blog under construction

LAK

• friend
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2008, 04:13:59 AM »
Mr Rabbi,

That's a real cheap shot - and pathetic with it. Oh yes, a "holocaust denier" - you'd just love that wouldn't you. Neither am I intimidated by that kind of nonsense, nor do I worship at the feet of the state or Israel.

Five of my family died during horrors of WW2 in Austria that I know of; you want to discuss that in another thread feel free.

McCain certainly is just another yes man. In addition to the fact that anyone with half a brain could see that the Liberty was not "an egyptian horse carrier". It was flying our flags, had "GTR 5" in huge white characters fore and aft on the hull, had large distinctive antenna array/profile, would have been spotlessly clean with a uniform gray color, and it what overflown repeatedly close enough for the pilots to discern the crew, on a bright sunny day. It is outrageous to suggest they did not know, and an israeli pilot that took part interviewed by a BBC crew even stated that they knew it was an american ship before the attack and was told to attack it anyway.

I would say that McCain is not the only AIPAC israeli lobby yes man in Washington by a long shot. There were plenty at the time of the attack, and plenty today.

I'd like to see you direct such comments at James Ennes, or any of a number of other surviving crew. See how long your sick sarcasm would last then.

MechAg,

Not all prominent veterans have been asked to look into it. The article I posted was written by someone who specifically asked McCain to do so a number of years ago. McCain declined and demurred that the matter was thoroughly reviewed already; which in turn simply reverts to the original whitewash "inquiry" - of which the writer notes, McCain's father was one originally pushing for the Naval Court of Inquiry to be done quickly, "in less than a week".

If you take the time and trouble to examine all of it, the evidence is overwhelming; firsthand testimony from both sides and photographic. People that insist it was "a mistake" would have to acknowledge that Israeli air and sea forces, pilots and crews, were so ignorant and dumb they could not have beaten eggs to make an omlette - let alone the forces of Egypt.

Funny; one media report that even hints of misreporting some incident in the ongoing palestinian-israeli conflict gets dragged over the coals on a forum like this. Thirty four of our sailors are murdered and one hundred and seventy four wounded by israeli forces - and anyone who testifies to the fact that it could not have been a mistake is denigrated, and anyone who supports them is similarly pasted.

Those men deserve their day in court - not the whitewash it was given. While they are still alive.

McCain, "conscience of the senate" of all people - having been a POW in Vietnam. And apparently he is not interested in some ongoing POW issues either [John McCain in "Missing, Presumed Dead] ....

http://www.vietnamveteransagainstjohnmccain.com/

--------------------------------

http://www.ussliberty.org/oldindex.html
http://ssunitedstates.com

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2008, 05:35:23 AM »
Okay.  It is just that IMO, given all the things McCain has been involved in over the years, that is a very small one.  I just think there are probably a lot of other things to hit McCain on that are better than this.

It is a big incident and should be looked at, but it is small in reference to McCain.  (IMO at least)  Smiley

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2008, 06:48:49 AM »
When did McCain take the mantle of "Conscience of the Senate" away from Robert "Sheets" Byrd?

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2008, 07:06:40 AM »
This is all just another reason to vote for anyone but one of those Republicans.

Sincerely,

The Democratic National Committee Strategy Team

Blog under construction

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2008, 08:51:23 AM »
This is all just another reason to vote for anyone but one of those Republicans.

Sincerely,

The Democratic National Committee Strategy Team

Is this supposed to be McCain's "Swift Boat"?

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2008, 09:11:16 AM »
We don't care, as long as it's another reason to fragment the people who normally vote against us.

Sincerely

The Democratic National Committee Strategy and Interwoof Subversion Team

Blog under construction