Author Topic: John McCains conscience - and the USS Liberty  (Read 10038 times)

Tecumseh

• friend
Re: John McCains conscience - and the USS Liberty
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2008, 12:17:58 PM »
Just because Israel is the most decent country in the ME does not mean it is without fault.

Good gods man... are you crazy?  Israel is a horrible country and the antithesis of Americanism.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2008, 12:50:16 PM »
Well, it -is- just simply packed full of those zionist jews, and you know what THOSE people are like...

They don't stick to sensible pastimes, like stoning girls who don't wear tents, or hanging gay folks, or even chopping off the hands of folks tho shoplift...

Bad, bad country there...

Blog under construction

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2008, 01:51:08 PM »
Just because Israel is the most decent country in the ME does not mean it is without fault.

Good gods man... are you crazy?  Israel is a horrible country and the antithesis of Americanism.

It goes without saying that Israel takes sloppy seconds to Texas*, but in its own conference (Middle East), Israel shines like a diamond in a goat's ass.

If you truly think of Israel as "that shitty little country(1)," your diatribes against Middle Eastern savagery must be legion, given the relative, uh, shittyness of Israel and its neighbors.

(1)
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/1721172.stm
http://www.themodernreligion.com/jihad/french-ambassador.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shitty_little_country

* Not unique, since most places on Earth are dungholes relative to Texas (says this this corn-fed son of Iowa).
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

hso

« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2008, 07:36:46 AM »
Was McCain in office when the Liberty was attacked or during the initial inquiry? Why is he (or any other elected official) expected to climb on a horse this dead and clatter off in search of windmills?

Has anyone else in Congress or the White Housetaken on this "crusade"?  Where are the denouncements of those who haven't?

OTOH, denouncements of WWII Japan's enslavement of "Comfort Women" and discussions of reparations to the children's children children of former slaves have come out of Congress so why not this?

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2008, 12:26:18 PM »
No, he wasn't.  But it gives closet anti-Semites an opening to attack him as a Zionist agent.
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

LAK

• friend
Re: John McCain’s conscience - and the USS Liberty
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2008, 03:19:46 AM »
"Anti-semites"? That's another empty gun you are brandishing Mr Rabbi.

The Liberty was a clearly marked U. S. ship with a U. S. Navy crew - 34 of which were murdered by air and sea forces of the State of Israel. Thirty four dead american sailors, those who were wounded, and their families deserve a real inquiry. And let the chips fall where they may.

Arabs are semites, so is half the middle east. You are no more semite than they are, nor is anyone else who happens to reside within the borders of the State of Israel. Neither is it known whether Israeli officials, those in command of Israeli forces at the time were semite or otherwise.

So why don't you discuss actual testimony and actual evidence if you want to dispute it; instead of interjecting with attempts to make me - and especially alot of honorable U.S. servicemen - appear to have some sort of mental aberration.

HSO,

Alot of people were not in office at the time; I have posted an article written by someone who had written to and asked John McCain to try and get it looked into by Congress. He wasn't being asked to interrupt his presidential bid - this was years ago.

Had the Liberty been an Israeli ship, what would have happened? Do our servicemen and families somehow deserve less than them?

----------------------------------

http://searchronpaul.com
http://www.ussliberty.org/oldindex.html
http://www.gtr5.com
http://ssunitedstates.com

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2008, 07:52:04 AM »
REALITY CHECK--

Is this thread about the USS Liberty Incident
or
McCains reluctance to investigate the USS Liberty Incident
or
something else?

Trying to catch up...

Soakers

7-11 was a part time job.

The Rabbi

• friend
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2008, 07:52:38 AM »
Uh oh.

There were numerous inquiries, which examined all the evidence, including eye witness accounts.  No official inquiry has concluded it was anything but a mistake.

But it is interesting your "Arabs are Semites too" argument, which is totally ludicrous and gives the hint to what's really behind this.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2008, 08:17:11 AM »
Arabs are semites.

The term apparently originated sometime in the early 1800s to describe descendents of the third son of Noah (I think Shem was number 3)...

The prime definition of semite, from American Heritage Dictionary of the English language, is: "A member of a group of Semitic-speaking peoples of the Near East and northern Africa, including the Arabs, Arameans, Babylonians, Carthaginians, Ethiopians, Hebrews, and Phoenicians."

The term anti-semite as referencing a specific bias against Jews didn't enter the language until the late 1800s.

In 1978 Menachim Begin was meeting with, IIRC Anwar Sadat. In the middle of the meeting Begin accused Sadat of being anti-semitic...

Kind of humorous...

But just how that term became so narrowly defined and adopted almost universally to mean anit-Jewish is beyond me. Maybe a good PR team.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

The Rabbi

• friend
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2008, 08:21:12 AM »
"Semite" originally was a linguistic term invented by German linguists to describe language families.
But anti-semites, anti-semitism, etc has never been used except as a synonym for anti-Jew.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2008, 08:31:44 AM »
And I was addressing this statement: "But it is interesting your "Arabs are Semites too" argument, which is totally ludicrous and gives the hint to what's really behind this."

Point in fact, Arabs are semites, which you clearly deny in your statement above.

Please be very careful where you go with the rest of your contention.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2008, 08:36:38 AM »
OK, I've re-read this thread.

I'm exercising a pre-emptive closure because I'm very nervous about where it's heading.