Author Topic: Guys, I want you to take a pledge...  (Read 26233 times)

Finch

• Fading Freedoms
Re: Guys, I want you to take a pledge...
« Reply #100 on: January 28, 2008, 02:04:14 PM »
So, compromise voting is bad, because folks won't erode civil liberties as fast, so you want someone in office who will tear 'em down faster?

Bogie head 'splode...

NO! We want someone who won't tear then down at all. Not faster or slower, not at all. Why is that so hard to accept.
Truth is treason in the empire of lies - Ron Paul

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #101 on: January 28, 2008, 02:07:03 PM »
So, compromise voting is bad, because folks won't erode civil liberties as fast, so you want someone in office who will tear 'em down faster?

Bogie head 'splode...

NO! We want someone who won't tear then down at all. Not faster or slower, not at all. Why is that so hard to accept.

Oh, I agree with you whole-heartedly.  I accept it entirely.  The problem is that Ross Perot and Badnarik and Ron Paul will never deliver on that expectation. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Paddy

« Reply #102 on: January 28, 2008, 02:09:07 PM »
Here's the way it works, Bogie.  The Republicans serve us much better as an opposition party.  How much stuff was Clinton able to push through with a Republican majority in Congress.  Not much.  How much liberty grabbing, government growing, deficit spending crap was Bush able to get through with the Republican majority.  All of it.

So if a Republican president wants gun control, he'll get it, with either a Dem or Repub congress.  If a Dem president wants gun contol, he'll need a solid Dem majority.

There's your answer.  smiley

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #103 on: January 28, 2008, 03:41:13 PM »
This got stuck in the middle of nowhere a long time ago, and it's going nowhere fast.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.