Author Topic: Pledge, part Deuce...  (Read 10835 times)

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
Pledge, part Deuce...
« on: January 27, 2008, 03:38:04 PM »
So, hey, let's see how well the strategy is working, among a group which is theoretically very pro-gun/pro-self.

Blog under construction

grislyatoms

• friends
Re: Pledge, part Deuce...
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 04:38:01 PM »
With Thompson dropping out... I really don't know, at this point.

Either Huckabee or Romney, I guess. Blech.

I guess if I want a platform I agree with, I will have to run for President. grin

"A son of the sea, am I" Gordon Lightfoot

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 05:03:07 PM »
Gris,

Can I be your president of vice, errr, I mean Vice President.  How's you health by the way ?? The reason I ask is 'cause I really don't want your job.

I'll do the "go to state funerals of kinda, sorta, friendly heads of state" ribbon cutting ceremonies and any other gig where I just fly in on Air Force 2, hang out, shake hands and get a fancy free meal. I'll give whatever speech you want, to whomever you want.  If you want I'll say one thing one day and another thing the next.   I don't want to go to cabinet meetings or make any decisions.  I want to be "out of the loop." 

I guess what I'm saying is not that I want to be Vice President, what I really want to be is Former Vice President.   The ultimate retirement plan. 

Seriously....    grin
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Tecumseh

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2008, 05:45:16 PM »
What if there is no Pro-2nd Amendment guy?  Then where will you vote?  For example, if I have to choose between Romney or Obama and I want to vote Pro-2nd I will vote Libertarian? 

You poll is flawed.  What if I want to vote for Ron Paul regardless as he is pro-2nd but not an official candidate? 

Tecumseh

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2008, 05:46:38 PM »
I voted Pro-2nd.  I will be writing in Ron Paul.   So I am voting Pro-2nd.  However would that be third party if he does not get the GOP nomination?

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2008, 05:52:20 PM »
I'm definitely voting for the pro-2nd Amendment.....

....which, the way it's looking now, will be a 3rd Party candidate.....

....and I'll be holding my nose to block out the quisling stench of those who'll still vote Republican even if it's for Hillary-lite........
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2008, 06:25:15 PM »
I Ron Paul gets 10% of the Republican vote, and 5% of the Democrat vote, get used to saying "President Clinton." Again.

Blog under construction

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2008, 06:34:49 PM »
I voted Pro-2nd.  I will be writing in Ron Paul. 

theres a shocker.  rolleyes

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2008, 06:45:01 PM »
Where's the "I'll grouch no matter what" option?

Tecumseh

• friend
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2008, 07:10:18 PM »
I voted Pro-2nd.  I will be writing in Ron Paul. 

theres a shocker.  rolleyes
LOL

Well at least he beat out Fred 'The fathead" Thompson.  LOL  It seems many people are eating crow.  I seem to remember hearing on THR and a few other boards that Fred "The man who could eat 6 bowls of homecooked chili" Thompson was going to be the next Reagan.  Sadly his campaign is deader than Reagan is.

Finch

• Fading Freedoms
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2008, 07:22:40 PM »
I Ron Paul gets 10% of the Republican vote, and 5% of the Democrat vote, get used to saying "President Clinton." Again.

President Clinton, President Romney, Presidnet McCain, whatever. There are 8 people running for president and only one of them offers something different.
Truth is treason in the empire of lies - Ron Paul

grislyatoms

• friends
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2008, 11:51:38 AM »
Gris,

Can I be your president of vice, errr, I mean Vice President.  How's you health by the way ?? The reason I ask is 'cause I really don't want your job.

I'll do the "go to state funerals of kinda, sorta, friendly heads of state" ribbon cutting ceremonies and any other gig where I just fly in on Air Force 2, hang out, shake hands and get a fancy free meal. I'll give whatever speech you want, to whomever you want.  If you want I'll say one thing one day and another thing the next.   I don't want to go to cabinet meetings or make any decisions.  I want to be "out of the loop." 

I guess what I'm saying is not that I want to be Vice President, what I really want to be is Former Vice President.   The ultimate retirement plan. 

Seriously....    grin

Sorry, I had Anne Coulter in mind for V.P. grin

I'll put you in charge of Vices, though, if you like. grin

"A son of the sea, am I" Gordon Lightfoot

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2008, 11:53:50 AM »
LOL

Well at least he beat out Fred 'The fathead" Thompson.  LOL  It seems many people are eating crow.  I seem to remember hearing on THR and a few other boards that Fred "The man who could eat 6 bowls of homecooked chili" Thompson was going to be the next Reagan.  Sadly his campaign is deader than Reagan is.

Keep on talkin' there big guy, It rams home the fact you're every bit of age 12.

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2008, 12:41:23 PM »
Must be kinda hard hanging around a bunch of conservative forums for 8 or so hours a day... Does each user always have the same pseudonym, or do you rotate?

Blog under construction

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2008, 01:01:13 PM »
This poll is so flawed in its questions Bogie.  Heavy bias.

But I am voting pro-2A and will not vote for a Rudy McRomney ticket at any point.  It.  Will.   Not.  Happen.  GOP has been calling me incessantly asking for money, and I've told them after considerably fiery conversation that they will not get a red cent from me under a statist ticket.  They tried the same HilBama scare tactics you present, and I keep bringing up Rudy's "Free Speech Zones", Romney's Chapter 40-Q and Mass AWB, and McCain's ritual slaughter of the 1A along with the Shamnesty.

Aside from the 2A, Democrats are better for civil liberties than the current crop of Neo Cons.  But they won't get my vote either.

Paul isn't my ideal candidate either.  His foreign policy is terrible.  But I'd rather frak over the rest of the world than frak over the US.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Tecumseh

• friend
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2008, 01:13:12 PM »
Must be kinda hard hanging around a bunch of conservative forums for 8 or so hours a day... Does each user always have the same pseudonym, or do you rotate?

Well I am waiting for my welfare check to get a big screen television.Wink

Seriously though, I just have a lot of downtime in between my classes and not much homework yet.  I do my reading and browse the forums.

Finch

• Fading Freedoms
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2008, 01:18:24 PM »
Quote from: grislyatoms
Sorry, I had Anne Coulter in mind for V.P. grin

If there was a vomit smiley on this board I would have used it.

"Lets kill thier leaders and convert them to christianity RARHHG!! Yea Bush!! Down with Arabs" - Ann Coulter (paraphrased).
Truth is treason in the empire of lies - Ron Paul

Tecumseh

• friend
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2008, 01:30:05 PM »
LOL

Keep on talkin' there big guy, It rams home the fact you're every bit of age 12.
I will be 13 in a month and my mommy will let me have a computer in my own room.  LOL

Seriously though, I seem to remember a lot of gunwoners crooning that Fred "I once ate 6 lbs. of Texas brisket in once sitting" THompson was going to reunite the GOP and teh country would swoon to his vision.  What did he poll at percentage wise? Hmm... Let me check...

In Nevada Thompson had 8%.  Paul had 13%. 

In New Hampshire Thompson had 1%.  Paul had 8%.

In Michigan Thompson had 4%.  Paul had 6%.

In Iowa Thompson had 13%.  Paul had 10%. 

In South Carolina Thompson had 16%.  Paul had 4%. 

In Wyoming Thompson had 25%.  Paul had >1%. 

And Thompson is not in the running anymore?  Why?  I thought with his Ronald Reaganesque qualities we would all be behind him.  Surely his dropping out is part of some big strategy that will actually win him the election.  Right? 

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2008, 04:52:14 PM »
That's not really a fair palate of choices, is it?

I think of this as a lot like crime and self defense.

Every time a rapist gets away with it he's emboldened. Every time the 'pubbies bend me over with an anti-freedom candidate and get away with it, they grow bolder. So yeah, the dems are worse; but if we just keep electing anti-freedom candidates because they have an R next to their name, what will change?

Oh and Tecumseh...... do you hate all fat people or just Fred? Seriously, I could see making mocking captions if you had a pic of him looking esp fat. Just like we mock Hillary for looking like the shriveled old hag she is.... in the appropriate thread. Your entire position against Thompson seems to be "He's fat, hahaha."
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2008, 05:17:33 PM »
Balog: you hit it right on the head. If we keep voting the 'Pubbies in, they won't have any reason to change and try to earn our votes.

As for Riley, he's just jealous that Social Security and Medicare Part D won't cover the Tums he'd need to eat brisket and chili.....  grin
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2008, 06:12:51 PM »
Your entire position against Thompson seems to be "He's fat, hahaha." 

He isn't big on infant dieties either . police

Tecumseh; all those stats mean is that Fred had the grace to move over, and Paul continues to be the Pubbies Kucinich.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2008, 06:22:37 PM »

This may seem hard to believe, but he almost has a point about how Thompson was hyped without mercy, until he entered the race and then never went anywhere.  But he seems to think this is to be blamed on Thompson's personality or platform.  I find it more likely that his lackluster performance can be explained by his wasting the original excitement by waiting so long to enter the race. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Dntsycnt

• friend
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2008, 06:24:00 PM »
I voted "Hillary or Obama" just to protest how flawed this poll is.

Tecumseh

• friend
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2008, 06:32:39 PM »

This may seem hard to believe, but he almost has a point about how Thompson was hyped without mercy, until he entered the race and then never went anywhere.  But he seems to think this is to be blamed on Thompson's personality or platform.  I find it more likely that his lackluster performance can be explained by his wasting the original excitement by waiting so long to enter the race. 

That is part of it.  When he was on the campaign trail they were always talking about how he stopped at chili cookouts and BBQs but seemed very disinterested in going to other places to speak.  VFW Halls, Union Meetings, Schools, Universities, large corporate workcenters, etc. 

I think this is part of the reason he did not take off.  It is great to go to a chili cookoff but to campaign exclusively at these things because you want to show that you are a downhome type of guy seems assinine.  His campaign was flawed by this strategy.  I do think he could have made a fearsome opponent for Huckabee, Romney, and Guiliani in the Southern states and many of the Western ones but he blew it by bad campaign practices.

Plus he is fat. LOL

Tecumseh

• friend
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2008, 06:33:38 PM »

He isn't big on infant dieties either . police

Tecumseh; all those stats mean is that Fred had the grace to move over, and Paul continues to be the Pubbies Kucinich.
So 2nd in Nevada is the GOP Kucinich?  What about consistently polling higher than Guiliani?