Author Topic: Sheesh! Now what do I do?  (Read 3072 times)

Typhoon

• friend
Sheesh! Now what do I do?
« on: January 30, 2008, 10:56:47 AM »
Independent (non-partisan) voters in California are allowed to vote in presidential primaries if the parties allow us.  Previously, this has not been a problem for me, but this year, the only presidential candidates I can vote for are Democratic and American Independent.  (Had Fred stayed in the race I would have done a fast party switch, but since I think McCain, Romney and Huckabee are equally bad, I didnt bother doing that).

So now what?  Hillary or Obama?  I guess the question is, whos more likely to lose in the general election?  And more likely to lose to who?  I dont like throwing my vote away by voting for an American Independent candidate, but now Im kinda stuck...

Suggestions?
To the stars!

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Re: Sheesh! Now what do I do?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 11:08:17 AM »
Vote for Obama.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Tecumseh

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 11:34:25 AM »
I would vote for Kucinich or Ravel.  In IL if they are on the ballot they will still get delegates for the first few rounds.  This will take away from Obama or Hillary.  We need to keep GUiliani, Huckabee, and Romney out at all costs in my opinion.

Paddy

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 12:50:00 PM »
You do know the American Independent party was started by George Wallace?

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 01:26:57 PM »
change your voter registration to a different party, then the next day fill out one back to independent.

My wife did that so she could vote for Fred Thompson here at the Iowa Caucus.

-C
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 01:58:54 PM »
I would vote for Kucinich or Ravel.  In IL if they are on the ballot they will still get delegates for the first few rounds.  This will take away from Obama or Hillary.  We need to keep GUiliani, Huckabee, and Romney out at all costs in my opinion.

No need to worry about Guiliani, he's out and backing McStain.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2008, 02:19:36 PM »
Vote for Hillary. I'll sell more bumper stickers that way.

Blog under construction

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2008, 06:13:24 AM »
I just finished my Independent ballot--no candidates, just referendums.  At this point, there isn't a candidate I give a crap about anyway.
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

Tecumseh

• friend
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2008, 08:59:25 AM »
I will be proudly voting for Ron Paul myself.  You should have just put in Mickey Mouse.

CAnnoneer

• friend
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2008, 09:32:16 PM »
The important part is to stop McShame from getting the nomination. That means voting for Romney. I will have to register as a Republican somehow. Does anyone know if I can do so on election day? Right now I am registered as independent.

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2008, 01:29:34 AM »
The important part is to stop McShame from getting the nomination. That means voting for Romney. I will have to register as a Republican somehow. Does anyone know if I can do so on election day? Right now I am registered as independent.

Nope.
The deadline for registration was January 22.

http://www.sos.ca.gov/elections/elections_vr.htm

Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

CAnnoneer

• friend
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2008, 12:10:04 PM »
Great. That's just bloody awesome. I am officially disenfranchised. @#$%!  angry

Switching to Plan B - I shall vote for Clinton. At least if she wins the nomination but loses to McShame, and McShame chokes on something, there is a slim chance a Republican might make it to the Oval Office.  angry

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2008, 02:11:41 PM »
If you want a Republican to win the general election, vote for Obama in the primary.

There are still enough racists out there, in both parties, that will vote for anyone but a black.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Typhoon

• friend
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2008, 06:14:07 AM »
Yeah, CAnnoneer, I am having second thoughts about my decision to remain Independent for this primary election.  McCain is actually coming off as worse than Romney, something a few weeks ago I didnt think possible.

When I got my sample ballot and saw that the Republican Party did not want the Independents to play in their little sandbox this election, I toyed with the idea of switching so I could vote for a Republican candidate.  Its just the idea of officially affiliating myself with either the Democratic or Republican Party makes me more than a little queasy.

At least the Dems are interested in the Independents.  All the propaganda voter information materials Ive received have been straight vote the slate Democrat.  Not surprising&

Ah, well.  The straw polls Ive taken with family/friends generally agree with Fly320s.  Ill think about it.
To the stars!