Author Topic: RCOB Time!  (Read 7138 times)

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
Re: RCOB Time!
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2008, 10:07:10 AM »
No. Asking about it means you are still too eager. When someone walks up and smacks it, points first, into your chest, you know you have it down...

Blog under construction

grislyatoms

• friends
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2008, 10:12:49 AM »
Sniff. Okay. Sniff. sad
"A son of the sea, am I" Gordon Lightfoot

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2008, 10:15:08 AM »
Just me, but my "Something Ain't Right" meter is pegged on this one.  By the way the story looks, what we do know is a reporter's versions of an attorney's press release.

I ain't passin' judgement on anything yet.  There's just too much we don't know.

Brad

Fair enough.  The video WAS out of context.  Actually, why was she being videotaped?  That was a hand held video camera, not a wall mounted security camera.  But there is obvious evidence that they violated their own procedures by having male officers strip a female detainee.  I assume the logical reason given by the department would be that the female detainee was dangerous and/or violent.  I'll admit, I'm not sure of rules of stripping detainees.  Is it common practice to keep them naked for extended periods of time?  Does it break any rules or laws? 

Whether or not it's legal for officers of the opposite gender to be involved in strip searches, it's very much not a good idea.  It's begging for a lawsuit or at the least professionally repremanded for allegations of misconduct.   
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2008, 10:26:56 AM »
BTDT. Called PD, got arrested. Remaining calm and polite helps.
Saw what happened to females in jail who got hysterical. Males were allowed inside female cells to restrain them and help remove articles of clothing that were deemed potentially dangerous (belts, shoes, jewelry, etc.).
Strip-searching was done only by females, though.
Being hostile, verbally or physically, to the jail staff usually resulted in a beat-down from both males and females.
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

Tecumseh

• friend
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2008, 11:14:53 AM »
Just me, but my "Something Ain't Right" meter is pegged on this one.  By the way the story looks, what we do know is a reporter's versions of an attorney's press release.

I ain't passin' judgement on anything yet.  There's just too much we don't know.

Brad

Fair enough.  The video WAS out of context.  Actually, why was she being videotaped?  That was a hand held video camera, not a wall mounted security camera.  But there is obvious evidence that they violated their own procedures by having male officers strip a female detainee.  I assume the logical reason given by the department would be that the female detainee was dangerous and/or violent.  I'll admit, I'm not sure of rules of stripping detainees.  Is it common practice to keep them naked for extended periods of time?  Does it break any rules or laws? 

Whether or not it's legal for officers of the opposite gender to be involved in strip searches, it's very much not a good idea.  It's begging for a lawsuit or at the least professionally repremanded for allegations of misconduct.   

A lot of jails keep handheld cameras because it is to costly to keep them in the cells.  Not to mention having someone to monitor them all.  Many jails just use the hand helds for situations like this. 

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2008, 01:17:37 PM »
I guess the lesson learned is:  If you are a law abiding citizen, act like it.  Stay calm with the officer(s) even if you get hauled in.  Arguing and hysterics won't help you.

I sort of wonder about the sister's DL.  I do not completely buy the explanation that she carries it as a keep sake.  I have a feeling she carried it thinking she could use it in some cases and just messed up.  Why I don't know (for either case).
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Tecumseh

• friend
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2008, 01:26:12 PM »
I guess the lesson learned is:  If you are a law abiding citizen, act like it.  Stay calm with the officer(s) even if you get hauled in.  Arguing and hysterics won't help you.

I sort of wonder about the sister's DL.  I do not completely buy the explanation that she carries it as a keep sake.  I have a feeling she carried it thinking she could use it in some cases and just messed up.  Why I don't know (for either case).
  Pretty much my thoughts as well.  I am sorry but it seems awfully strange to keep a keepsake license in your wallet.  It is possible but I don't buy it either.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2008, 02:34:35 PM »
. . .  Actually, why was she being videotaped?  That was a hand held video camera, not a wall mounted security camera . . .
The show, man, the show!

Same reason naked prisoners were taped at Abu Ghraib.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

cassandra and sara's daddy

« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2008, 02:42:01 PM »
and yes use the word suicide and you get to sit naked in a cell for quite a while  even use the word jokingly.  they have suicide proof blankets someplaces  but in others they quit using em after folks on pcp managed to shred em and hurt themselves.   do even the most diehard tinfoil hat wearers think the cops went outa their way to tape themselves doing wrong?  her bottom feeder released the tape in a pr move to try to get city to settle. good lawyering  questionable morals.  its not that hard to get arrested and not have it become a circus.  some folks thrive on the circus