Author Topic: What is your opinion on internet voting. Not a poll.  (Read 8182 times)

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
Re: What is your opinion on internet voting. Not a poll.
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2008, 01:04:24 AM »
You would see massive disenfranchisement.  Do we need to look at Bush's first election to see that these things happen.  Not to mention the current happenings in New Hampshire, Louisiana, and other places where the parties have tried to keep certain people from receiving votes. 

How on baby jesus's green earth is making someone have ID to prove who they are preventing them from voting?

Oh, and as for the national holiday....

I used to work shiftwork.  I came off a graveyard shift and voted in the last presidential election....of course maybe that's why I voted Libertarian.....
 angel
  Well the democracy that is working in Iraq does not require ID.  They just want you to dip your finger in red ink.  Are you sayign the democracy that we brought to them does not work?  Couldn't we do that?  Just ask for people to have fingers?  If they don't then how about a red mark on their forehead or their chest or some visible part of the body?  If you have no head, chances are you will not be voting, right?

Well, McCain did win a lot last night.....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Tecumseh

• friend
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2008, 08:34:45 AM »
You would see massive disenfranchisement.  Do we need to look at Bush's first election to see that these things happen.  Not to mention the current happenings in New Hampshire, Louisiana, and other places where the parties have tried to keep certain people from receiving votes. 

How on baby jesus's green earth is making someone have ID to prove who they are preventing them from voting?

Oh, and as for the national holiday....

I used to work shiftwork.  I came off a graveyard shift and voted in the last presidential election....of course maybe that's why I voted Libertarian.....
 angel
  Well the democracy that is working in Iraq does not require ID.  They just want you to dip your finger in red ink.  Are you sayign the democracy that we brought to them does not work?  Couldn't we do that?  Just ask for people to have fingers?  If they don't then how about a red mark on their forehead or their chest or some visible part of the body?  If you have no head, chances are you will not be voting, right?

Well, McCain did win a lot last night.....
  This is true.

But since the democracy is working Iraq and they can do it without ID cards, I would think that we should be able to.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2008, 05:08:32 AM »
Voting, by its very nature in this country, has been abused and coopted, and that's when people actually have to show up to participate in the process.

Remove those restrictions, allow it to be done over an exceptionally porous and easily compromised infrastructure, remove the last lingering vestiges of tangible proof (electronic systems are already well on the way towards that) and make it so that no one ever has to see the voter's face again...

Yeah, that's a REALLY great recipe for the future of the United States as a participatory republic...

We already have that wonderful system in place in Oregon.  It's call, "Vote by Mail."
Ugh...
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.