Author Topic: Your thoughts on McCain  (Read 41691 times)

Sheng_Pao

Re: Your thoughts on McCain
« Reply #100 on: February 17, 2008, 11:18:01 AM »
Okay, okay Manedwolf. I am sorry for having offended you. I just didn't realize that not everyone here supports Ron Paul's or my views.
From the Steppes of Mongolia to the Highlands of Tibet
http://www.youtube.com/user/rachen30

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #101 on: February 17, 2008, 01:34:31 PM »
Ah, but don't confuse "conservative voter" with "religious voter." Remember that most of the "evangelicals" were Democrats up until Carter... 

This has been claimed a million times, mainly by you.  Can anyone demonstrate why I should believe that?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Silver Bullet

• friend
« Reply #102 on: February 17, 2008, 03:37:51 PM »
Okay, okay Manedwolf. I am sorry for having offended you.

Don't get carried away.  There are a surprising number of folks here who go to extremes to try and justify the fact (to themselves, they're not convincing anybody else) that they are not voting for the best RKBA candidate. 

You hang around here long enough and you'll see some real fancy dancin' !   grin

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #103 on: February 17, 2008, 03:44:55 PM »
Okay, okay Manedwolf. I am sorry for having offended you.

Don't get carried away.  There are a surprising number of folks here who go to extremes to try and justify the fact (to themselves, they're not convincing anybody else) that they are not voting for the best RKBA candidate. 

You hang around here long enough and you'll see some real fancy dancin' !   grin

And there's also some people who I suspect of having a mini altar to Ron Paul in their closet, covered with photos of the guy.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #104 on: February 17, 2008, 05:21:53 PM »
Fistiful, the defection basically happened in the heyday of Bro. Jerry, and Jim and Tammy... I dunno what Jimmy did to hack them off, or maybe part of it was fallout from row vs. getwet, but Reagan reaped the benefits...
Blog under construction

cassandra and sara's daddy

« Reply #105 on: February 17, 2008, 05:37:58 PM »
Manedwolf, should we call that poor guy a lunatic just because he said the TRUTH?

I read EVERYTHING Ron Paul has written, and the more I read, the more my heart swelled with pride. He has the courage to say things and say truths that most people nowadays would deny even if they realize, all for the sake of political correctness. Seriously, if I have the chance to rename New York City, I would name it something much, much worse, something associated with the place in prison where the worst of the worst scumbags are housed.

do you really expect us to believe you read everything paul has written? or are you another poster child for why paul can't win? gonna be one more nail in his creditability? his biggextr flaw is the way he draws flakes the way a candle draws moths

LAK

• friend
« Reply #106 on: February 18, 2008, 01:03:36 AM »
I suspect there are some folks here who would prefer someone like Robert A. Pastor in the WH instead of a genuine patriot like Ron Paul.

They ought to have their hero Pastor step forward as a running mate for John U.N. McCain.

--------------------------------------

http://searchronpaul.com
http://ussliberty.org/oldindex.html
http://www.gtr5.com
http://ssunitedstates.org

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #107 on: February 18, 2008, 12:17:47 PM »
I suspect there are some folks here who would prefer someone like Robert A. Pastor in the WH instead of a genuine patriot like Ron Paul.

They ought to have their hero Pastor step forward as a running mate for John U.N. McCain.

--------------------------------------

Regarding my previous post vs. this one...

What've you got, candles, or incense?

HK-91-762MM

« Reply #108 on: February 18, 2008, 04:13:18 PM »
To the originator of this thread-
AT least he supports an assault weapon ban -!
   And thats the reason I support another posters opinion =I wish he was still in nam better yet dead!
We have no one to vote for this election !
MCcstain is a RINO and will get the support of Liberal Republicans AND liberal demoncraps in Banning MY GUNS!
I have no use for his kind !!!!

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #109 on: February 18, 2008, 04:33:00 PM »
We can hope that he'll go along, to get along, with the republican party.

Or we can fragment the firearms community even further, and completely negate our numbers as a voting block. If the election is close, we're going to be seeing a LOT of folks saying "just don't vote" or "vote third party." They're the ones who don't care what happens to our gun rights, as long as we don't vote for McCain - because every vote McCain gathers is one that Obama or Hillary will have to match/beat.

It's that simple. It's the lesser of two evils. It sucks. But hey, sometimes suckage is all you've got.

Blog under construction

ilbob

• friend
    • Bob's blog
« Reply #110 on: February 18, 2008, 05:05:00 PM »
Ah, but don't confuse "conservative voter" with "religious voter." Remember that most of the "evangelicals" were Democrats up until Carter... 

This has been claimed a million times, mainly by you.  Can anyone demonstrate why I should believe that?

many in the south were democrats, back when democrats were not in cahoots with the left to destroy the country.

they started leaving the democratic party in 1968 to vote for Nixon, and few ever went back, as the democratic party became the party that hates anyone with serious religious convictions.
bob

Disclaimers: I am not a lawyer, cop, soldier, gunsmith, politician, plumber, electrician, or a professional practitioner of many of the other things I comment on in this forum.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #111 on: February 18, 2008, 07:37:06 PM »

OK, nothing so far. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Finch

• Fading Freedoms
« Reply #112 on: February 18, 2008, 10:02:48 PM »
They're the ones who don't care what happens to our gun rights,

No, they are the ones who care about all their rights.
Truth is treason in the empire of lies - Ron Paul

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #113 on: February 19, 2008, 06:04:01 AM »
They're the ones who don't care what happens to our gun rights,

No, they are the ones who care about all their rights.

By performing the voting equivalent of dousing themselves with gasoline and lighting themselves on fire. Does it make a statement? Sure. Does it accomplish anything?

Nope.

And don't try to pretend differently, or you're deluding yourself. Diverting votes from the flawed Republican is giving them to the Democrats who want to destroy everything.

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #114 on: February 19, 2008, 07:25:03 AM »
Fisty, went looking... Found a few references, but nothing concrete... Check wiki, for instance, but I don't consider wiki a good source.

I _do_ remember my childhood in the south. And a sudden swing when the religious folks were suddenly Republicans - Falwell's Moral Majority, etc...

FWIW, we had some of Jim and Tammy Faye's folks move into town (and those folks were -tacky-), and we tended to pay attention to that sort of thing...

Blog under construction

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #115 on: February 19, 2008, 07:42:40 AM »
Yesterday George HW Bush came out and supported McCain, stating that he was a good conservative and would not raise taxes.......

......I can't add anything to make it any funnier than that.....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Tecumseh

• friend
« Reply #116 on: February 19, 2008, 08:50:56 AM »

many in the south were democrats, back when democrats were not in cahoots with the left to destroy the country.

they started leaving the democratic party in 1968 to vote for Nixon, and few ever went back, as the democratic party became the party that hates anyone with serious religious convictions.
  And the Republicans are not out to destroy the country? 

I believe many in the South were democrats simply because their ancestors were all the way back until the GOP was founded.  Republicans wanted to free slaves, and the early democrats did not.  Many simply vote the way their family voted.  The Southerners wanted to keep slaves and the Democrats at the time were ok with that.

Today I would argue it is the GOP that would allow slavery and the Democrats would ban it.  But that is another discussion.

In the end I think that the GOP is guilty as well as the Democrats in trying to destroy the country.  Need we look further than the current administration.   

HK-91-762MM

« Reply #117 on: February 19, 2008, 08:58:20 AM »
I have said Mccstain is a RINO.
I live in NY stinking state  and we defeated Mario Cuomo MR assault weapon banner himself!  [qt we will ban these killing machines ]
 We replaced him with  The KING of all RINOs - Gov. G.Patakki. Who proceeded to Shove gun bans up our butts the likes of would make Cuomo Dance with glee!
  I fear the Liberals will introduce a Gun Ban Renewal -and the Liberal Repubs will go along -IF McCstain Is president he will go along and sign the Bill!
 Better we have a Hitlery or YOmomma Ohbomma signing and getting credit fir any Gun Bans -
Remember -First they banned My assault rifles [Hunters did not complain]=  Then they Banned 50 Cal target rifles =No one complained ]Then they banned small handguns [A few people complained ] =then they banned scoped sniper rifles[deer rifles] [Skeet and trap shooters Cared less ] when they came for everyone elses shotgun[DEADLY MULTI PROJECTILE FIRING WEAPONS ]   No one was left to fight !
Sorry if I sound Down in the dumps -! I need cheering up   :-)

Finch

• Fading Freedoms
« Reply #118 on: February 19, 2008, 09:21:15 AM »
And don't try to pretend differently, or you're deluding yourself. Diverting votes from the flawed Republican is giving them to the Democrats who want to destroy everything.

Saying they are flawed is a gross understatement. Our current breed of republicans are doing a fine job of destroying things -- like liberty.  McCain is a compromiser. That is more than evident with McCain-Kennedy and McCain-Feingold. Thinking that he won't sign anti-gun legislation is wishful at best.
Truth is treason in the empire of lies - Ron Paul

Sheng_Pao

« Reply #119 on: February 19, 2008, 05:16:46 PM »
do you really expect us to believe you read everything paul has written? or are you another poster child for why paul can't win? gonna be one more nail in his creditability? his biggextr flaw is the way he draws flakes the way a candle draws moths

Ron Paul is the only hope we have for America, and we still have people trying to trample all over him. Come ON ALREADY! Does it take another Klintonista to make us realize what we done wrong??? Remember, LIBERTY is just like LIFE. We can only give it away ONCE.
From the Steppes of Mongolia to the Highlands of Tibet
http://www.youtube.com/user/rachen30

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #120 on: February 19, 2008, 06:54:57 PM »
So, you vote for Ron Paul, who doesn't get elected. Does that accomplish ANYTHING?

He's getting a solid 5% across the country. And I'm thinking that at least 20% of those are folks who have lined their homes with aluminum foil...

Blog under construction

Silver Bullet

• friend
« Reply #121 on: February 19, 2008, 07:09:30 PM »
And I'm thinking that at least 20% of those are folks who have lined their homes with aluminum foil...

Well, yeah, most of our houses have reflective insulation.   cheesy

LAK

• friend
« Reply #122 on: February 19, 2008, 10:06:51 PM »
"Flawed republicans"?

John U.N. McCain is more than flawed; he's just another globalist frontman.

Just like George W Bush.

-------------------------------

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #123 on: February 19, 2008, 10:10:50 PM »
So, you vote for Ron Paul, who doesn't get elected. Does that accomplish ANYTHING?

He's getting a solid 5% across the country. And I'm thinking that at least 20% of those are folks who have lined their homes with aluminum foil...

Well, I hope the Paulistinians enjoy burning their RON PAUL signs in their fireplace the first winter after President Obama or President Clinton taxes them so hard they're left with pocket change. Because they'll have helped put them in office.

The term "useful idiots" comes to mind.

SomeKid

« Reply #124 on: February 19, 2008, 10:22:21 PM »
"Flawed republicans"?

John U.N. McCain is more than flawed; he's just another globalist frontman.

If that were his only fault, I would not wish he was still in Vietnam, as a POW, or a corpse.