Author Topic: Your thoughts on McCain  (Read 41682 times)

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
Re: Your thoughts on McCain
« Reply #75 on: February 12, 2008, 03:40:17 PM »
I dunno... you KNOW that Hillary's got some dirt on him. And right now, she's sitting there will Bill, and they're talking to their people, and they're saying "Is now the right time to get someone to leak this?"

I mean, the guy's coming across squeaky clean. And he's a Chicago politician. Those two do NOT go together.

She's already doing setups for it - Today they were talking about how she was saying she had no undiscovered skeletons in -her- closet... and by insinuation, that he does...

Blog under construction

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #76 on: February 13, 2008, 01:49:15 AM »
Of course Hillary's got dirt on these two.....the Clintons still have access to FBI files and national archives.....and who was the attorney with the stuffed pants?.....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #77 on: February 13, 2008, 08:40:35 AM »
but the existence of a consensus among WORKING scientists should be obvious

Science is not about "consensus". If those on the side of "consensus" were willing to entertain debate and discusion about the issueI might have respect for that side. As it is anyone who dares raise the possiblilty that "global warming", oh wait, now its "climate change" might not be man made is lambasted and threatened with censure and loss of acedemic credentials.

As for McCain as  veteran I resepct the hell out of what that man did for this country while in the military but I don't much care for his politics. I will however vote for him before either the beast or hussein.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #78 on: February 13, 2008, 08:55:29 AM »
As for McCain as  veteran I resepct the hell out of what that man did for this country while in the military but I don't much care for his politics. I will however vote for him before either the beast or hussein.

There are a lot of other veterans out there, including former POWs, who just served honorably and now don't really talk about it. They just go on with their lives.

McCain has MILKED his POW status (so he got shot down, does that make him better than the pilots who didn't get shot down...?)  for political gain, and I really can't respect that.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #79 on: February 13, 2008, 11:00:41 AM »
Of course Hillary's got dirt on these two.....the Clintons still have access to FBI files and national archives.....and who was the attorney with the stuffed pants?.....

Are you refereing to sandy Burglar Berger http://gogov.com/bergerwatch.htm
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

cassandra and sara's daddy

« Reply #80 on: February 13, 2008, 01:49:17 PM »

There are a lot of other veterans out there, including former POWs, who just served honorably and now don't really talk about it. They just go on with their lives.

McCain has MILKED his POW status (so he got shot down, does that make him better than the pilots who didn't get shot down...?)  for political gain, and I really can't respect that.

how do you percieve hes "milked " his status?

Finch

• Fading Freedoms
« Reply #81 on: February 13, 2008, 01:53:56 PM »

how do you percieve hes "milked " his status?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywXFhulpVPk
Truth is treason in the empire of lies - Ron Paul

cassandra and sara's daddy

« Reply #82 on: February 13, 2008, 02:14:38 PM »
so maybe you could tell us about pauls stance on milking?

seeker_two

• friend
« Reply #83 on: February 13, 2008, 02:16:46 PM »

Are you refereing to sandy Burglar Berger http://gogov.com/bergerwatch.htm

THAT'S the guy........McCain & Obama may be a zipper-pull away from a scandal....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #84 on: February 14, 2008, 01:54:13 AM »
i lost respect for him when he was running in 2000 and was asked if he would consider being President Bush's running mate. early on he gave a vehement "no". after President Bush won the nomination, mccain made the offer. it just goes to show he will say anything if it will help his campaign. i hope ron paul runs as an independant. he is the only one with the integrity to tell it like it is.

make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

Finch

• Fading Freedoms
« Reply #85 on: February 14, 2008, 10:44:24 AM »
i hope ron paul runs as an independant. he is the only one with the integrity to tell it like it is.

He has confirmed that he will not run as an independent. Which is a shame, I would have loved to see him split the republican vote and delivery a victory to Hillbama.

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #86 on: February 14, 2008, 11:34:55 AM »
i hope ron paul runs as an independant. he is the only one with the integrity to tell it like it is.

He has confirmed that he will not run as an independent. Which is a shame, I would have loved to see him split the republican vote and delivery a victory to Hillbama.

do you mean to say that he would take the republican votes, and leave the psudo-republicans behind?
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

Archie

• friend
  • Galactic Effectuator
« Reply #87 on: February 14, 2008, 12:15:20 PM »
Let us look at the facts.

The Democrat candidate will be either Senator Clinton or Senator Obama.  From my point of view as a life-long American who believes in the Constitution as originally written, sucess based on effort and ability, and so forth, both of them are worse than the other.  Both will actively work - and that means manipulate, bullyrag, manuever, wheedle, cheat lie and steal - to destroy private enterprize, personal responsibility, any religion that rivals Secular Humanism and the benefits and rights in the Constitution toward the populace.

Senator McCain has his own drawbacks.  He is currently the likely Republican candidate.  He is, as the saying goes, the lesser of two evils.  I think - and pray - his nominees for the Supreme Court will be more Constitutionally oriented than those of the Democrat candidate.  THAT, if nothing else - and he does seem a bit more pro gun (but that's like saying he's the leper with the most fingers) - is the reason we have to elect Senator McCain.

To those who feel they will rise above the rest of us and '... not waste a vote on the lesser of two evils...' try to get this through your head.  Ron Paul will not win the general election.  I like Dr. Paul (other than his total and absolute lack of world politics), but he's not going to ever win the Presidency.  A vote for Ron Paul - or Huckabee - or Fred Thomson (who I really like) in the general election is a vote for whoever gets the pennant for the Democrats.  Understand that; if you don't vote for the Republican nominee, you're electing the Democrat.

The same applies to those who are going to vote to show President Bush how much you hate him. 

I have invented a new drink which I have named in honor of Senator McCain.  It's two jiggers of tequila - in honor of Senator McCain's proximity to Mexico - and two jiggers of Maalox - in defense of my stomach.
As long as the citizens of the United States own and keep personal weapons, we can argue about all the other issues that concern us.  The instant we lose the ability to keep weapons, our masters will decide all those other issues for us.

Finch

• Fading Freedoms
« Reply #88 on: February 14, 2008, 12:36:00 PM »
Archie, you assume that we all think that Hillbama is worse than McCain. I don't view one worse than the other. I think they both suck and neither of them should or can be president. I honestly think we will be equally screwed with McCain or Hillbama, just in different ways. McCain will lead us to financial ruin through endless wars that we don't need, and Hillbama will lead us to financial ruin through welfare and entitlements. McCain will destroy our freedoms to "protect" us from a band of thugs, Hillbama will destroy our freedoms to protect us from ourselves.

Whoever wins, we lose.

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #89 on: February 14, 2008, 12:47:49 PM »
Well, heck, how do you know Bush is that bad?

I mean, we've had a constant media bombardment for the past seven years... And since it's been constant, it has eventually "stuck."

That's the nature of "big lie" propaganda - Keep repeating it, and people begin to believe it.

And if it rhymes, it's even better!

Blog under construction

seeker_two

• friend
« Reply #90 on: February 15, 2008, 01:33:29 AM »
Archie, you assume that we all think that Hillbama is worse than McCain. I don't view one worse than the other. I think they both suck and neither of them should or can be president. I honestly think we will be equally screwed with McCain or Hillbama, just in different ways. McCain will lead us to financial ruin through endless wars that we don't need, and Hillbama will lead us to financial ruin through welfare and entitlements. McCain will destroy our freedoms to "protect" us from a band of thugs, Hillbama will destroy our freedoms to protect us from ourselves.

Whoever wins, we lose.

Couldn't agree with you more. This election, we have a choice of bonfires on which to burn the Constitution......

SomeKid

« Reply #91 on: February 15, 2008, 01:58:00 AM »
Maybe.

Consider this theory:

McCain wins, acts like a crazy liberal, makes everyone hate Republicans even more. 2010 Democrats strenghten their holds on Congress. 2012 a Deomcrat beats him. Democrats now have a STRONG margin in Congress, and, a DEM POTUS. People are pissed at the GOP for everything, and the party takes a decade or more to recover, and come back as a conservative power. In the meantime, for years and maybe decades on end, Democrats hold onto Congress tightly. We could maybe even re-live the 70's...

Hill/Hussein wins, acts like a psychotic liberal, has a slim Democrat lead in Congress. In two years, everyone is mad enough to cause another 1994 in 2010 causing gridlock with a GOP congress and Dem president. Democrats are viewed again by many as being the evil group they are. People stop blaming every bad thing up to and including the death of Christ on the GOP. GOP leaders remember (for the nth time) that being conservative America loving/freedom supporting good guys wins them elections. GOP shifts right after re-learning these lessons in 2008. 2012 a conservative, gun owner supporting, border closing, tax cutting, penny pinching pro-lifer gets nominated. 2012 Republicans kick out the psychotic liberal in the POTUS, reinforce their Congressional lead.

Here one of two things happen. They screw up like they did for Bush's first 6 years, acting like Democrats, or they act like conservatives, keep the base happy, woo people over to the good side, and stay in power.

As seeker said, this time it is a question of who rapes the country. I say let the democrats get themselves dirty. It will give us a chance to re-form the GOP, hopefully into a better party. If done quickly and completely, the rape of our country won't last the rest of my lifetime.

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #92 on: February 15, 2008, 06:58:05 AM »
Ah, but don't confuse "conservative voter" with "religious voter." Remember that most of the "evangelicals" were Democrats up until Carter...

Blog under construction

Sheng_Pao

« Reply #93 on: February 17, 2008, 10:42:25 AM »
I am voting for McCain rather than Hillary or Obama.

McCain= Preservation of True Conservatism to a certain extent.

Hillary/Obama= The end of America as a free nation. The beginning of the Fourth Reich.

Ron Paul= The REbirth of America. Criminals, gang-bangers and perverts would be hiding in caves shivering with terror. No more of that ridiculous thing called a "parole".
From the Steppes of Mongolia to the Highlands of Tibet
http://www.youtube.com/user/rachen30

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #94 on: February 17, 2008, 10:47:42 AM »
I really wish the Paulistinians would just sit down and READ what the guy has written over the years, instead of simply projecting the guy as a political messiah. They're every bit as bad as the Obama supporters who want "change". "What will the change be?" "Uhhhh...Dunno. But it's change!"

Not that it matters, because he's less of a footnote than Ross Perot ever was, but it's annoying when people are so evangelical without knowing anything about what they promote.

Sheng_Pao

« Reply #95 on: February 17, 2008, 10:52:53 AM »
Manedwolf, should we call that poor guy a lunatic just because he said the TRUTH?

I read EVERYTHING Ron Paul has written, and the more I read, the more my heart swelled with pride. He has the courage to say things and say truths that most people nowadays would deny even if they realize, all for the sake of political correctness. Seriously, if I have the chance to rename New York City, I would name it something much, much worse, something associated with the place in prison where the worst of the worst scumbags are housed.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #96 on: February 17, 2008, 11:03:36 AM »
Manedwolf, should we call that poor guy a lunatic just because he said the TRUTH?

I read EVERYTHING Ron Paul has written, and the more I read, the more my heart swelled with pride. He has the courage to say things and say truths that most people nowadays would deny even if they realize, all for the sake of political correctness. Seriously, if I have the chance to rename New York City, I would name it something much, much worse, something associated with the place in prison where the worst of the worst scumbags are housed.

Are you referring to the disgustingly racist swill he published in his newsletter?

An October 1990 edition of the Political Report ridicules black activists, led by Al Sharpton, for demonstrating at the Statue of Liberty in favor of renaming New York City after Martin Luther King. The newsletter suggests that "Welfaria," "Zooville," "Rapetown," "Dirtburg," and "Lazyopolis" would be better alternatives--and says, "Next time, hold that demonstration at a food stamp bureau or a crack house."

If so, I have a very low opinion of you about now. Speaking of cultural problems is one thing. But his writings went well into the realm of calling people horrendous names for being of skin colors other than white, and that is NEVER acceptable. That garbage belongs on Stormfront and other pestulant sewers on the internet, out of sight of civilized people.

Perhaps you ought to stand behind David Duke, instead. Tongue

Sheng_Pao

« Reply #97 on: February 17, 2008, 11:08:05 AM »
Are you referring to the disgustingly racist swill he published in his newsletter?

Okay, don't mean to be racist, but WHO THE HELL commits a majority of crimes in the US?
Hint: A quadraplegic was thrown out of his wheelchair this week.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #98 on: February 17, 2008, 11:08:53 AM »

Okay, don't mean to be racist, but WHO THE HELL commits a majority of crimes in the US?

Criminals.

And yeah, you do mean to be racist.

Sheng_Pao

« Reply #99 on: February 17, 2008, 11:11:12 AM »
Criminals.

And yeah, you do mean to be racist.

Lets not argue, but please see the facts.

What if you were a relative of that poor man that was hurled out of his wheelchair and then kicked while on the ground?