Author Topic: Chavez cuts off oil shipments to Exxon-Mobil  (Read 6703 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Chavez cuts off oil shipments to Exxon-Mobil
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2008, 03:17:00 AM »
OH GOD, THE BIRDS! THE BIRDS!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Oh well, anyone have some Stove Top Stuffing mix?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2008, 05:04:40 AM »
As many here know, I live in Santa Barbara, self-purported to be "the birth of the environmental movement" because of the 1969 oil spill.

A recent proposal to create an offshore natural gas plant was denied by the Governor because of local environmental outcry.

A current proposal to create some offshore and coastal wind farms is very likely to be denied due to environmentalist outcry regarding, as Mike mentioned, "THE POOR BIRDS!!!!!!!"

As for solar -- refer to one of my recent threads regarding "THE POOR TREES!!!!!"

Venezuelan oil is a crappy product that requires all kinds of new and expensive engineering to process it into something useable. Now that Chavez got US and European companies to develop the technology for him, he's happily booting them. The bright side is that Venezuela is incapable of maintaining that complex infrastructure. If they get China to do it, those guys won't step off as easily as we did, and that will relieve some of the Chinese pressure on other oil sources.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2008, 05:12:35 AM »
OH GOD, THE BIRDS! THE BIRDS!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Oh well, anyone have some Stove Top Stuffing mix?

I'm even more amused by the Massachusetts Liberals, including Teddy, who didn't want a windfarm off the Cape, where it's really really windy all the time, because it'd "spoil their view".

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2008, 05:21:13 AM »
windfarm off the Cape, where it's really really windy all the time, because it'd "spoil their view".

That will go down in the annals (or anals) of environmental history as the ultimate NIMBY reference.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2008, 05:22:08 AM »
  What areas are unsuitable for solar power?  As well as couldn't we take some of the excess energy generated from some places and use it to power such places?  I can only think of one place where the sun don't shine and I doubt you meant there....
[/quote]

Dude, get outta Socal and experience the glory that is CONUS...most of which is unsuitable for solar power except as toys for rich folks.

==============

But, if solar is such a wonderful idea for New England, maybe we can do hydro electric in the Great Plains...

^^^That is freakin' hilarious.

=========

T-man:

Keep on dreaming and havin' the audacity to hope the laws of physics can be bent by the earnest application of social conscience.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2008, 05:35:11 AM »
For half the winter in New England, the only sun I get is in a tanning booth or from Chromalux bulbs!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2008, 05:37:17 AM »
"^^^That is freakin' hilarious."

thanks, thanks...

I'll be appearing at the "Reality's a bitch, bitch" club for the rest of recorded time.

Oh, and then there's this...

"As well as couldn't we take some of the excess energy generated from some places and use it to power such places?"

I wonder why no one ever thought of that before?

Oh, wait, they did....

Getting power from the generation source to a widespread distribution network isn't as simple as taking an extension cord and plugging it into a socket at the base of a power tower. It requires significant infrastructure improvements that, oddly enough, often generates even MORE calls of "Not in MY back yard!" Not to mention all of the people screeching

WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE DARTING KANGAROO SNAIL RATS? THOSE ELECTRIC RAYS WILL SCRAMBLE THEY'S LITTLE BRAINZEZ!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2008, 05:57:07 AM »
Another solution has been proposed, that of building giant orbital solar arrays with the power coming down as a tight microwave beam to an antenna farm. The greenies threatened lawsuits to block any inroads there, too.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2008, 06:36:21 AM »
Of course, you did hear about the university professor who wrote an article decrying man's hogging of solar radiation to the exclusion of other species, right?

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2008, 06:41:49 AM »
I'm even more amused by the Massachusetts Liberals, including Teddy, who didn't want a windfarm off the Cape, where it's really really windy all the time (except when Teddy's in Washington cheesy), because it'd "spoil their view".

Another solution has been proposed, that of building giant orbital solar arrays with the power coming down as a tight microwave beam to an antenna farm. The greenies threatened lawsuits to block any inroads there, too.

ZOMG!!!!! A death ray!!! grin
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2008, 06:42:27 AM »
the only way to beat these idiots is to relegate them into irrelevance.

I'll be appearing at the "Reality's a bitch, bitch" club for the rest of recorded time.

Try the veal!