Author Topic: Annnd yet another classroom rampage near Chicago... 18 people.  (Read 5636 times)

Manedwolf

• friend
Annnd yet another classroom rampage near Chicago... 18 people.
« on: February 14, 2008, 12:17:07 PM »
Congratulate the media. They've proven that if a loser wants to go out killing people, they'll become famous and their delusional manifestos will indeed be read.

WHICH IS WHY THIS KEEPS HAPPENING!  angry

CHICAGO (Reuters) - At least 18 people were shot when a gunman opened fire at Northern Illinois University outside Chicago on Thursday, CNN reported its local affiliate as saying.

It was unclear how serious the injuries were and whether any of the people had died at the college in DeKalb, about 65 miles west of downtown Chicago.

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSN1448844420080214

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Annnd yet another classroom rampage near Chicago... 18 people.
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 12:20:45 PM »
Fret not.  Barak Obama will soon be our President.   police
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

James Fitzer

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 12:21:43 PM »
It's a good thing you can't bring guns to universities

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 12:31:14 PM »
What gets me is their idea of "precautions"
"There has been a report of a possible gunman on campus," according to the alert. "Get to a safe area and take precautions until given the all clear.

So what are you supposed to do if they come through the door, if you don't have a gun to stop them with?

Tecumseh

• friend
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2008, 12:36:15 PM »
"There has been a report of a possible gunman on campus," according to the alert. "Get to a safe area and take precautions until given the all clear.

So what are you supposed to do if they come through the door, if you don't have a gun to stop them with?

Why call the police of course.  They will appear instantly and neutralize the bad guy.   rolleyes

I am so sick of the bullshit in this state in regards to guns and CCW.  The state has a monopoly on force, controls who can and cannot purchase guns, and they treat us like peasants in regards to the thought of us defending ourselves. 

I am terrified as I have quite a few friends at NIU.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2008, 12:39:56 PM »
I am so sick of the bullshit in this state in regards to guns and CCW.  The state has a monopoly on force, controls who can and cannot LEGALLY purchase guns, and they treat us like peasants in regards to the thought of us defending ourselves. 

One word to further clarify the problem there.

You're unable to defend yourself, while every nutball and gangsta is free to buy a serials-filed piece in a back alley and go driveby/rampage with it.

"gun-free zone"...

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2008, 12:53:37 PM »

Why call the police of course.  They will appear instantly and neutralize the bad guy.   rolleyes

I am so sick of the bullshit in this state in regards to guns and CCW.  The state has a monopoly on force, controls who can and cannot purchase guns, and they treat us like peasants in regards to the thought of us defending ourselves. 

I am terrified as I have quite a few friends at NIU.

Take note aps; for the first and perhaps only time, Tec and I are in complete agreement.

When I start using my GI bill I'm carrying; screw the university rules.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Eleven Mike

• friends
  • All your desert are belong to us.
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2008, 01:14:50 PM »
Don't worry about these mass shootings, folks.  It's only the patriots revolting against tyranny.   rolleyes

http://www.thehighroad.org/showpost.php?p=4171939&postcount=39

Marvin Dao

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2008, 01:30:14 PM »
Don't worry about these mass shootings, folks.  It's only the patriots revolting against tyranny.   rolleyes

http://www.thehighroad.org/showpost.php?p=4171939&postcount=39

So the correct response to the gov't taking away your rights is to run around shooting people?  shocked

Quote from: Tecumseh

Genius isn't it? Every incident that occurs because people can't defend themselves gives the state even more propaganda to use in it's efforts to disarm the population.

James Fitzer

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2008, 01:33:17 PM »
Well, i don't think that's what's happening... but for the sake of argument... eventually, wouldn't it be?

I mean, it wouldn't be random college students though

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2008, 02:09:05 PM »
He had time to stand in the middle of a lecture stage and calmly reload.

Because he knew nobody could shoot back. After all...

...it was a gun-free zone.

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2008, 02:34:24 PM »
The old Fox in the Henhouse Syndrome

yet again...  rolleyes
Avoid cliches like the plague!

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2008, 04:24:26 AM »
I just don't understand the "deer in headlights" reaction...From LA Times:

Desiree Smith, 21, was taking notes on continental drift when out of the corner of her eye she saw a figure in a black ski cap step onto the stage, beside the instructor.

"He was holding this huge gun," she said. "I couldn't even process it. He stood there with the gun pointing down, almost like an action-movie poster -- that's what he looked like for a second. Then he lifted it up and shot at my teacher."

Smith dropped to the ground. Under the chair, she locked eyes with another student. They stared at one another in terrified stillness. Then the other student began to move. Afraid of being left alone, Smith followed her, clambering on elbows and knees up the aisle.

"I could feel people bumping me, crawling over me. Everyone was pushing, clawing at the ground, trying to get out as soon as possible," Smith said.

A few days ago, late at night, high winds tipped over my aluminum patio set and knocked it against the front door, sounding like someone kicked the door or fell hard against it. (of course, I didn't know that's what it was!) Almost faster than conscious thought, as a first reaction, I had my SIG in hand out of the drawer, just like that.

Why did I turn out differently that that's my reaction to a threat, instead?

Oh, and yes, of course, the leftists are already starting to bleat to "take guns out of the hands of private citizens, only the police should have them"...

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2008, 01:17:15 PM »
Did anyone else catch the NIU Pres's statement that "We had a plan in place to prevent just such an incident, and it worked.  Our police department reacted swiftly ...."  [heard on CNN some time this AM between 10 & 11 AM]

So they had a freakin' plan in place to actually PREVENT just such an incident.

And the freakin' plan WORKED.

If that's the case, I'd hate to see the plan they have in place to prevent the spread of influenza.  It would probably make 1919 seem pake in comparison.

stay safe.

skidmark
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2008, 03:35:03 PM »
I saw the chief of the campus police on TV talking about how amazing the the response by his people was. Dude, amazing would be if you could have prevented it!

I just heard that governor Blowyavitch declared a "state of emergency" at NIU. rolleyes
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2008, 04:31:36 PM »
Emergency is over. Now it's a "state of hazmat cleanup."

They showed some images of the kirkwood city hall on the news the other night - they already had crews in putting up fresh drywall...

Blog under construction

Desertdog

• friends
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2008, 05:20:24 PM »
I am just wondering what religion the shooter was.   I have not heard anything mentioned about this fact.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2008, 05:35:48 PM »
I am just wondering what religion the shooter was.

I believe he was a whackjob.  rolleyes
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Desertdog

• friends
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2008, 05:39:04 PM »
When I start using my GI bill I'm carrying; screw the university rules
I will agree with you IF you get caught you can only be expelled from college.  
Some places though, if you get caught on campus with a firearm it is prison time.  You don't want that.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2008, 06:49:30 PM »
I am just wondering what religion the shooter was.   I have not heard anything mentioned about this fact.

Why is that important?
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2008, 07:35:14 PM »
I am just wondering what religion the shooter was.   I have not heard anything mentioned about this fact.

I think what you're wanting to know is the killer's motivation.  Which may not be the same as his religion. 

Or you could just ask if he was an Islamic terrorist.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2008, 04:50:31 AM »
From what the news is babbling about, it seems like it was what needs to be investigated, "What happens when people suddenly go off under-researched psychoreactive medications".

Tecumseh

• friend
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2008, 04:52:33 PM »
  Christian is my guess.  THis is based on his name, complexion, and other characteristics including his picture. 

What does it matter? 

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2008, 05:44:23 PM »
  Christian is my guess.  THis is based on his name, complexion, and other characteristics including his picture. 

What does it matter? 

Careful, you're profiling using stereotypes.  grin

And you're almost certainly correct, and it doesn't matter.
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2008, 07:51:02 PM »

OK, I get the name thing, but how could someone's complexion or appearance indicate Christianity?