Author Topic: God hates Reno Nevada!  (Read 19881 times)

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: God hates Reno Nevada!
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2008, 07:05:27 PM »
Was Tecumseh serious, or did he just forget the sarcasm smiley?   undecided
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

doc2rn

« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2008, 07:06:53 PM »
As someone who has to put up with them much more often, I suggest the Virginia route of Police informing them that they will not have a body guard.

I would pay a bunch of hookers and pimps to visually assault them, followed by a wall of monkeys flinging poo at them, then as they run away with those obnoxious signs throw waterballoons at them. Hey no one said I couldn't dream! You could also call the Patriot Guard. They excell at blocking Phelps.

mustanger98

• friend
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2008, 08:16:15 PM »
Was Tecumseh serious, or did he just forget the sarcasm smiley?   undecided

I can't really tell either so I guess he has to be taken at face value. FWIW, he comes off sounding like a troll a good bit of the time.

Tecumseh, in the case of Westboro, are you on their side or on our side?

Texas rules sometimes apply.

From what he said, I'd say he's on their side.

Why would you guys want to stop a Christian group from exercising their civil rights?  Are you all against the first amendment?  They are practicing their religion peacefully and you all are talking about assaulting them.  That is not right.

That Phelps/Westboro bunch aren't Christians. They're a bunch of sue-happy America-hating loonies hiding behind religion. And "fighting words" aren't protected free speech nor are they protected by "freedom of religion". They are not practicing religion and they're not being peaceable. They're being a public nuisance and asking for trouble.

One thing we all need to consider regarding "fighting words"... according to my old poli-sci professor, in order to be considered "fighting words" it has to be something said that "would illicit an emmediate and violent reaction from an otherwise reasonable person." The question is, who decides who or what is reasonable? And consider that that Westboro crowd has several lawyers who are real good at suing people for reacting.

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2008, 08:24:00 PM »
Yes, they have a right to do what they are doing.  And we have a right to express our response to them expressing themselves.

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2008, 09:14:11 PM »
Quote from: Manedwolf on February 21, 2008, 05:20:17 PM
I just keep hoping they'll decide to use metal posts for the signs they're holding instead.

In a thunderstorm.
And I hope that a hole to hell will open up and swallow their entire compound, and that Fred Phelps & his crew will spend the rest of eternity being assraped by the Devil.
I could get behind that plan.

Well, I sure wouldn't want to be in front of that plan!   shocked

The actions of Phelps and WBC have always been a little hard to fathom, but this, this...

I suspect a little asskicking.  In fact, I'll pray for it.

If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

Tecumseh

• friend
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2008, 10:46:22 PM »
Yes, they have a right to do what they are doing.  And we have a right to express our response to them expressing themselves.
  I completely agree.  However people are calling for them to be assaulted and violence to be committed.

By the way, they are Christians preaching Christian doctrine.  Read the bible.

How are they fighting words?  They are protesting and it is their right.  I dont believe they are making any threats, it is just that you dislike what they are saying that is all.  Why should they be denied the right to protest because their message is unpopular.

I am not on anyones side.  I disagree with the WBC because I have no grievance against gays and I disagree with their Christian beliefs.  I also disagree with people committing violence just because you don't like what someone said.  As responsible adults we should not advocate violence because people have different beliefs. 

What is unreasonable about that?

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2008, 10:48:24 PM »
No, god apparently hates Wells, Nevada.

(My parents felt that one; they live 122 miles away in Battle Mountain, NV.  It woke my father up).
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2008, 12:03:13 AM »
By the way, they are Christians preaching Christian doctrine.  Read the bible.

No, you should read the Bible.  Their "preaching" is demonstrably anti-Biblical and un-Christian.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Warren

« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2008, 12:18:29 AM »
I wonder what they would do if a few plain looking vans, with mud all up on the lower bits especially around the license plates, just pulled up, the doors flew open and they got paint-balled by 6-8 fully masked persons.

It would be interesting to watch and would be one of the most watched YouTubes of all time.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2008, 02:22:28 AM »
Tecumseh, in the case of Westboro, are you on their side or on our side?

Texas rules sometimes apply.

Unfortunately, I am with Tecumseh on this one.  It sickens me to see the WBC at work.  They are morons with a lack of logic, and are on the same level as suicide bombers and IED-planting towel heads.
The only way for the WBC to go away is for the Liberal Statist Elite Media to stop giving them coverage, which won't happen, because they make the right wing look bad. 
Yeah, we all agree they need an asswhupin, but I want to know what the hell these people have against a rape/murder victim?  I thought they just didn't like Military personnel..
No, they just don't like America, Western Freedom, nor do they want to accept the fact that thier own religion teaches that we have free will to make good or bad choices.  They are nutjob religious fundamentalists.  They should be ignored, like the crazy homeless guy on the street corner with an "The end is near" sign.

JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2008, 05:18:02 AM »
Tecumseh, in NV starting a fight by words or gesture is a misdo.
     NRS 200.490  Provoking assault: Penalty.  Every person who shall, by word, sign or gesture, willfully provoke, or attempt to provoke, another person to commit an assault shall be punished by a fine of not more than $500.

[Part 1911 C&P § 150; RL § 6415; NCL § 10097]—(NRS A 1967, 473)

Calling Brianna Denison a whore at her funeral is basically provoking assault.

Tecumseh, I have lost a lot of respect for you in this thread, we have agreed and disagreed but I have never seen you stoop so low as to bait conservatives
over the brutal rape and strangulation of a beautiful young women, a young women whose only goal was to bring happiness to children in pain.

Your irrational hatred is frightening, as frightening as the westboro cult members.

All I can say is, God help you.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2008, 05:25:41 AM »
Gunsmith, is is possible that Phelps really could be arrested for that?

Because that'd be the solution, I think. Arrest him, take him to the jail, and put him in the general lockup. And then, for some reason, all the guards have to go off to the restroom or to answer the phone at the same time.

"Ohh, he got beat up? Who did that? Anyone see anything?"

"Nope."

cassandra and sara's daddy

« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2008, 05:35:34 AM »
i think guys would stand up and takebcredit for cleaning their clock. much like thetime thehorteyed sob got beat and oneof the 2 guys that did it wrote a letter to the editor to make sure folks knew who did it

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2008, 05:39:46 AM »

Calling Brianna Denison a whore at her funeral is basically provoking assault.
As indicated in my previous post, that is illegal in NV.

The Bible isn't all hippie 1960's style pacifism, despite what "Jesus Christ Superstar" and "Godspell"
taught Tecumseh's generation....
Then five of you will put to flight a hundred, and a hundred of you will put to flight ten thousand, and all who are against you will be put to death by your swords.<< Leviticus 26:8 >>

westboro are the enemy, they should be treated as such, their calling Brianna a whore when her family is at the pinnacle of grief, when her family despite their  grief is reaching out to help the other victims is to shocking and disturbing to be put into words....at least words I would use on APS.

I feel really sorry for you Tecumseh, your parents must have been very cruel to you, as that is the only explanation I can think of for you to stoop as low as you have here in this thread.
You have a lot of unlearning to do, good luck.
I suggest you start with "For Your Own Good" by the author Alice Miller.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2008, 05:43:27 AM »
There are some transgressions for which, in a civilized society, someone might not deserve extreme violence...

...but they do deserve a proper, old-fashioned roundhouse punch in the face.

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2008, 05:43:47 AM »
Gunsmith, is is possible that Phelps really could be arrested for that?

Well, it clearly is a violation, but I do not expect the cops to arrest them for it.
I wish they would though.

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2008, 05:47:13 AM »
I still prefer the  Leviticus 26:8 solution to the westboro infestation.

« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2008, 05:50:07 AM »
its a matter of time before they tick offwrong group.  they show up at a soldiers funeral that just happened to belong to the right biker club and their life expectancy shortens.  they do use their own kids for human shields but that won't stop all folks

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2008, 05:55:52 AM »
This is the sort of thing I want to see.

Buzz Aldrin, dealing with that POS who follows astronauts around and tells them they didn't land on the moon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdZd30FHiBo

« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2008, 06:05:09 AM »
i have 2 grand kigs currently overseas. were something to happen and the wbc crowd showed up at the funeral all bets would be off with me. i would take the hunt to their homes. when folks are going through a hard time like that it is wise to give em room. when my mom passed some young reporter from the washington post wanted to do an interview when we had just come back from the cemetary. it took 4 of my relatives to peel me off him. my reaction to wbc would be stronger and i'm older and meaner. sooner or later they will run into someone like me. i hope their kids survive it

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2008, 06:28:20 AM »
Step around the kids....

Anyone let the Reno PD know about that little loophole? I'll betcha they'd go for it.

Make sure the drunk tank's full too, after you give the local indigent population some free cheapo champagne...

Blog under construction

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2008, 07:15:24 AM »
As responsible adults we should not advocate violence because people have different beliefs. 
The Westboro Baptists go after the dead. They do it to provoke police or civilian reaction. The minute this happens, they bring out the lawyers. They sue, they get paid. It's not a religion for them, it's a racket.

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2008, 09:21:21 AM »
Ever wanted to see an Australian reporter hit on a Westboro baptist church member?  And goose his ass?

Yeah, click here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZPsTM-4qgg

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2008, 12:58:26 PM »
       Feb 22, 2008 10:41 AM
Subject:    Brianna's vigil and memorial service info.
Body:    PLEASE REPOST. THANKS

Candlelight Vigil Friday at Memorial Site

FRIDAY:

Everyone is welcome to attend a candlelight service to remember Brianna Denison on Friday, February 22, 2008 at 6:30 PM. Please bring your own tapered candles. All vehicles must park on Double R Boulevard as Sandhill Road will be closed. Crowds are expected to be large so please arrive early.

Given the limited parking available, the RTC and the Brianna Denison Memorial Volunteers are asking those wishing to attend the candlelight vigil to park in the south parking lot at Meadowood Mall near the RTC RIDE transfer center. Transportation to the memorial site will begin at 5.45pm. An RTC RIDE bus will depart Meadowood Mall approximately every 10 minutes to the memorial site until 6:30PM. Buses will then depart the memorial site returning to Meadowood Mall immediately following the candlelight vigil until 9:00PM.

Meadowood Mall is located at South Virginia Street and South McCarran Boulevard.
Celebration of Life Service
Live, Love and Unite in Celebration of Brianna Denison

SATURDAY:

Saturday, February 23, 2008
7:00 PM

The Reno-Sparks Convention Center
Exhibit Hall 4
4590 S. Virginia Street
Reno, NV 89502

PLEASE NOTE: WALL OF SUPPORT - If you or someone you know can bring blue tarps with qvc sticks to hold up and block any unwanted noise it would be greatly appreciated.

Police and family are asking for the publics help in finding Brianna's killer. Anyone with information is urged to call:

Reno Police Hot Line: (775) 745-3521
Reno Detectives: (775) 334-2115
Secret Witness: (775) 322-4900

PLEASE GO TO: www.Myspace.com/HelpfindBrianna to look over evidence found by her body - female underwear with the perpetrator's DNA and that of an unknown woman.

Brianna's family asks that people remember her by hanging blue ribbons at their homes until we Bring Bri Justice.

Volunteers who would like to help distribute blue ribbons can visit the Command Center. Hours are 9:00AM to 3:00PM, Monday-Friday.

PLEASE NOTE: The volunteer center which is run by an excellent group of people is also looking for kind souls to help volunteer in search of the perpetrator, and other related matters. Their phone and address is below. Please call to get more info.

If you would like to send condolences to the family, please mail to:

Brianna Denison Command Center
c/o Saint Mary's Regional Medical Center Health Building
645 N. Arlington Avenue, Suite 555 (5th Floor)
Reno, Nevada 89503
Tel: (775) 785-8303

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2008, 02:18:23 PM »
Wish I lived in Reno right now...
Avoid cliches like the plague!