Author Topic: Castro Quits: Clinton-Obama on Short List?  (Read 6080 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Castro Quits: Clinton-Obama on Short List?
« on: February 24, 2008, 01:36:56 PM »
www.scrappleface.com

Castro Quits: Clinton-Obama on Short List?

by Scott Ott for ScrappleFace ? 204 Comments

(2008-02-19)  As Cuban President Fidel Castro announced today he would end his half-century of totalitarian rule, sources close to Senators Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama tried to tamp down speculation that they were on the short list of potential replacements for the ailing Communist dictator.

Rumors in Cuba carry the currency of mainstream media coverage in the U.S., and many Castro-supporters are eager to find new leadership that combines Castro-like charisma with iron-fisted leadership tactics and revolutionary support for government-run health care, education and industry.

A Clinton-Obama ticket, said one unnamed Cuba scholar, combines the power and the glory that was Fidel Castro, with the unshakable commitment to collectivism, controlled economies, and virulent resistance to the United States as a superpower.

Experts suggest that as co-presidents of Cuba, Mr. Obama would be the mouthpiece, giving stirring six-hour speeches about the majesty and beauty of poverty in a Communist Utopia, while Mrs. Clinton would work behind the scenes to ensure full agreement with those speeches at all levels of government.

The question now for Cuba, said the scholar, is can we continue to survive here on the ash heap of history? With these two great leaders at the helm, the answer would be a resounding, Si, se puede! Yes, we can!
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: Castro Quits: Clinton-Obama on Short List?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 07:54:04 PM »
[left-wing moonbat mode]
<heavy sigh...> <swoon>
[/left-wing moonbat mode]

Funny stuff, that scrappleface.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.