Author Topic: Veep selections almost more interesting than the primaries....  (Read 16595 times)

ExSoldier

Re: Veep selections almost more interesting than the primaries....
« Reply #50 on: February 29, 2008, 10:19:50 AM »
I would just hope that Obama gets someone horrifyingly unacceptable to most of the American populace.

Hillary?
Alert today: Alive tomorrow!

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #51 on: February 29, 2008, 10:21:37 AM »
I would just hope that Obama gets someone horrifyingly unacceptable to most of the American populace.

Hillary?

She won't settle for second place. And he knows he'd have to watch his back every second, or she'd get him impeached and take over.

ilbob

• friend
    • Bob's blog
« Reply #52 on: February 29, 2008, 12:24:00 PM »
I think the 2000 mile southern border could be adequately controlled by as few as a few thousand border agents using mostly technology.

Start with a serious fence/wall (or whatever it takes) in populated areas, and a set of wires 50 yards apart in less hospitable areas.

Less hospitable areas can be patrolled primarily by armed drone aircraft controlled from remote stations. A drone can easily see 2 or 3 miles so could patrol a 5 mile section of the border. At a couple million each, you could do it for a billion or two, including the ground stations. Can staff them with another few thousand pilots and ground support people. Can probably run the whole thing for 5-10 billion a year.

Someone violates the border, a warning shot is fired in front of them. If they refuse to return to their side of the border, something nastier happens. Maybe tear gas. But if that doesn't work you have to get nastier yet.

Once we have control of the border, and have deported the illegals, we can work out some kind of guest worker program if it is truly needed.

bob

Disclaimers: I am not a lawyer, cop, soldier, gunsmith, politician, plumber, electrician, or a professional practitioner of many of the other things I comment on in this forum.

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
« Reply #53 on: February 29, 2008, 12:51:59 PM »
Why not just sell hunting licenses?  It won't cost the gov't anything at all.
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

ilbob

• friend
    • Bob's blog
« Reply #54 on: February 29, 2008, 01:50:10 PM »
because mexicans are still people, even if they are trying to violate our border.

its fair to give them a chance to go back where they came from before dealing with them in a more harsh way. but ultimately, if they chose to cross the border without legal sanction, they bear the burden of what happens to them.

bob

Disclaimers: I am not a lawyer, cop, soldier, gunsmith, politician, plumber, electrician, or a professional practitioner of many of the other things I comment on in this forum.

cassandra and sara's daddy

« Reply #55 on: February 29, 2008, 02:31:09 PM »
so which one of you fellers is gonna trip that trigger on some kid?  or you all about someone else doing it? or does it just seem easier from the keyboard

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2008, 05:40:01 AM »
because mexicans criminals are still people criminals, even if they are trying to violate our border.

Fixed....

I propose injecting each illegal alien deported with an RFID chip that can be scanned at distance. Then mine the border with anti-personnel charges that scan for the chips, armed arial drones with chip detectors, and sniper posts with chip readers. If a chip is detected crossing the border without permission.....well, they were warned.....  cool
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #57 on: March 02, 2008, 08:59:37 AM »
McCain?  Someone with Presidential bearing and shared sympathies?

How 'bout Vincente Fox?

Obama? 

Gen. Wesley "I [heart] Kosovo" Clark?
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

doc2rn

« Reply #58 on: March 02, 2008, 10:36:35 AM »
I would bet Obama asks someone like Sebelius or Pelosi. He would lead by a mile.

ilbob

• friend
    • Bob's blog
« Reply #59 on: March 02, 2008, 10:52:45 AM »
so which one of you fellers is gonna trip that trigger on some kid?  or you all about someone else doing it? or does it just seem easier from the keyboard

You will note my suggestion was tear gas. There are a lot of choices before killing, but ultimately that is the choice of the criminal who is committing the crime.

Maybe some kind of taser. There are all kinds of options if you really want to deal with the problem rather than pretend there is no solution.

Just making it a little harder will reduce the numbers. I don't think you can eliminate it entriely, but I know you can reduce the problem substantially in a relatively cost effective way.
bob

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #60 on: March 03, 2008, 11:48:51 PM »

Unfortunately, illegal aliens are killing OUR children, both literally and figuratively.

But what you fail to grasp, in your infinite compassion, is that when you are a tribal society the number of your progeny is your weapon.  Do what you wish with that information.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.