Author Topic: Cavalry Arms raided by the ATF  (Read 23329 times)

Manedwolf

• friend
Re: Cavalry Arms raided by the ATF
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 12:42:17 PM »
What the hell?

What are they accused of, any news elsewhere? I thought they just made receivers and stuff?

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 12:50:43 PM »
ABC has more...

A Gilbert business was raided by federal officials Wednesday on suspicion of fraud and money laundering.

Officials say Calvary Gun Manufacturing was the target of the search and seizure warrant.

The business is near Copper and Guadalupe roads.

Its unclear what officers from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms took from the business or if anyone was arrested.
http://www.abc15.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=f1170d80-1741-43e5-8000-d685e0c72b29

CAVALRY, not Calvary! We're in Idiocracy, I swear. And fraud? Why is BATFE involved? Isn't that FBI?

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2008, 12:51:41 PM »
I just emailed Fox Phoenix about the spelling error.  I guess I'll do ABC as well.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2008, 12:58:16 PM »
Also, the helicopter video view shows the ATF goons making a tremendous mess. It looks like they're taking all their guns outside to check serials or something.

Doubt they'd clean up or even apologize.

Barbara

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2008, 01:15:44 PM »
Wow..I know Russ..he shoots ACTS matches in AZ.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2008, 05:39:02 PM »
update from ARF.com:
Originally Posted By innocent_bystander:
Minor update

Russ just called me.

No one is in custody and no charges have been filed.

ATF is apparently looking for something but no one has any idea what.

The shop is trashed from what they can see. They have not been allowed back in yet. ATF is still there taking inventory.
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2008, 06:07:38 PM »
 angry

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2008, 06:13:05 PM »
nothing to see here, move along.

call me when y'all light the torches and man the pitchforks.

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2008, 06:38:22 PM »
Time for a new video.

"USG Strikes!"
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2008, 06:47:39 PM »
Wow, it's sunny in those pictures, and the guys are sporting short sleeves.

They even put up those picnic shelters to keep the hot sun off 'em.

Wow.
7-11 was a part time job.

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2008, 08:19:44 PM »
update from ARF.com:
Originally Posted By innocent_bystander:
Minor update

Russ just called me.

No one is in custody and no charges have been filed.

ATF is apparently looking for something but no one has any idea what.

The shop is trashed from what they can see. They have not been allowed back in yet. ATF is still there taking inventory.
And that was the entire point.  Trash the shop, interrupt business, strike fear into hearts.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2008, 08:38:59 PM »
Well, if they're allowed to go back into business, they're going to have to have a scratch and dent sale, based on how the goons are handling the merchandise.  undecided

Not like they'd pay a cent for stuff they damaged.

Also: Be warned, this local news video will probably make you very, very angry. Click on "Shocking video linked to Valley gun raid" in the article URL below.

Hundreds of gun, from high powered rifles to handguns, were seized this morning from a Gilbert gun business. Agents with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms descended upon Cavalry Arms Corporation.

http://www.azcentral.com/12news/news/articles/atfgunseizure022708-CR.html

Wow! A gun maker had hundreds of "high powered rifles" on site? Also, that news site is showing Cavalry Arms' spoof "Jihad Strikes!" commercial to prove that they're "violent anti-Muslim terrorists" or something. They even have an "Islamic expert" from CAIR comment on it. What the HELL?!  angry

From arf:
It seems that one of our local TV news stations went digging for info about Cav Arms and found that video, then went screaming to CAIR for an opinion.

BATFE makes me want to throw up, and the media does too. This makes me angry in about ten different ways.

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2008, 09:58:54 PM »
The jihad strikes video is pretty careful to use the term "extremists".  It's actually pretty PC.
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2008, 10:00:14 PM »
The jihad strikes video is pretty careful to use the term "extremists".  It's actually pretty PC.

That doesn't matter to the media, obviously. They went and bawww'ed to CAIR to come denounce it.

nico

• friend
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2008, 10:22:16 PM »

That doesn't matter to the media, obviously. They went and bawww'ed to CAIR to come denounce it.

CAIR is way down on my list of "opinions I give a rat's ass about."  They're the Muslim equivalent of the NAACP: they're attention whores who blow anything politically incorrect way out of proportion and cry racism every chance they get.

edit: Some of the comments by the neighbors are pretty obnoxious.  Since, the ATF showed up, they must be guilty.  After all, the ATF would never raid a gun shop unless they did something wrong rolleyes

SomeKid

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2008, 11:13:41 PM »

CAIR is way down on my list of "opinions I give a rat's ass about."  They're the Muslim equivalent of the NAACP: they're attention whores who blow anything politically incorrect way out of proportion and cry racism every chance they get.

edit: Some of the comments by the neighbors are pretty obnoxious.  Since, the ATF showed up, they must be guilty.  After all, the ATF would never raid a gun shop unless they did something wrong rolleyes

Don't know if I can agree with your equation. The NAACP was founded back when blacks were oppressed, and had (at one time) good ideals. It has since become worthless. CAIR on the other hand has been a front group for Islamic terrorists, and every CAIR member deserves to be executed for it.

I would say the NAACP is like the KKK (both are racial hate groups), and CAIR is like the SDS, (both openly undermine the country).

Moving back on topic, if Cavalry Arms is innocent (I bet they are, but I don't know squat) can't they sue for damages if the ATF hurts/kills their business, smears their name, and damages their goods?

stevelyn

• friend
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2008, 03:10:34 AM »
The jack-booted, sturmtruppen thug bastards of the waffen BATFEces continue unchecked to search for a reason to exist. angry
Be careful that the toes you step on now aren't connected to the ass you have to kiss later.

Eat Moose. Wear Wolf.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2008, 04:08:01 AM »

Willing dhimmitude must be one of the requirements of being a newscritter these days.  sad
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2008, 04:40:27 AM »
The goons confiscated all their guns.  sad

Dozens of guns could be seen being organized and moved by agents with the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives during the afternoon outside the Cavalry Arms Corp. near Cooper and Guadalupe roads.

ATF agents spent hours executing a federal search warrant there, but agency spokesman Thomas Mangan declined to say what prompted the seizure of what he called a large quantity of weapons.

By no means is that any indication of any type of guilt, Mangan said.

Still, every gun that was at the business on Wednesday was confiscated in the raid, he said.

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/110061

Also, the BATFE apparently outsources JBTs now.

TAKING INVENTORY: Members of the ATF and a contractor branch, Forfeiture Support Associates, sort through piles of arms seized from Cavalry Arms Corp. in Gilbert on Wednesday.

Forfeiture Support Associates? So if your stuff gets broken when they trash your shop, it's no longer BATFE's fault?

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2008, 04:47:41 AM »
Sorry to dissent but I'm going to reserve judgement here.  I don't know why they would suddenly raid a legitimate dealer/manufacturer.  Maybe they are simply JBTs mad with power.  Maybe there is something else.  I want to see the whole story.
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2008, 04:53:58 AM »
Even from the video seen on the news, they turned the place completely upside-down. Judgment reserved or not, that seemed completely uncalled for. They were making no effort to handle the merchandise carefully, and a lot of it is probably damaged.

AFAIK, you don't need to trash a place to inventory the guns or even seize them.

Add to that that if anyone had their gun being worked on by Cavalry, it's apparently now in ATF custody, good luck getting that back.

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2008, 05:25:31 AM »
Trashing the joint is part of the psychops. They want to humiliate you as much as possible and cost you as much money as possible. Guilty or not, you're screwed, it just becomes a matter of how much. I recall a case where Ct State police raided a biker clubhouse and held women face down by placing their foot on the backs of their necks. The raid came up empty handed and the police lost a lawsuit over it. Don't know what, if any, compensation was involved.

http://www.ctd.uscourts.gov/Opinions/090104.JCH.Outlaws.pdf

I believe if they come up clean they can get compensation, but don't quote me.

They have a forum at their website, not much posted except a lot of words of support. Some talk about a disgruntled EX partner whos now in prison for similar charges of money laundering and fraud. Prevailing thought is that he's fingering Cavalry to get his own sentence lightened. Just type in Cavalry Arms and read up. I forgot to copy the link.
Avoid cliches like the plague!

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2008, 05:30:27 AM »
I would not expect anyone from Cavalry to be posting anything on the forums to explain, not if they have a good lawyer! Any good lawyer would tell them to keep silent till the outcome, or at least until it's explained what they're being accused of in the first place.

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2008, 05:37:05 AM »
Agreed, nothing official from Cavalry, just a bunch of folks that apparently know / do business with them.
Avoid cliches like the plague!