Author Topic: Cavalry Arms raided by the ATF  (Read 23332 times)

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
Re: Cavalry Arms raided by the ATF
« Reply #75 on: March 02, 2008, 07:16:56 AM »
So, the way I understand things now, from the CAIR guy and shootinstudent, the guys wearing masks and waving AK-47s around are to be taken as "normal muslims." That's a LOT simpler. It thought that muslims were peaceful folks who meant me no harm, and that jihad nutjob terrorists were all I had to worry about.

I'm gonna need a lot more ammo... And maybe a CAV-15...

Blog under construction

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
« Reply #76 on: March 02, 2008, 08:33:19 AM »
After looking at CAIR's site, I noticed something weird.
Two of the stories on the front page are about Jews.  That strikes me as odd, why a muslim advocacy group would advocate for Jews.

It gives me the impression that the thing is just for show.  Why the heck would Muslims give a hoot about Jewish basketball players asked to play games on the sabbath?  Now I'm not a super observant Jew (as I actually work on the sabbath and should be put to death) but I'm actually not aware that playing a game is a violation of Sabbath.  My dad used to play checkers with his father on the sabbath all the time, so I dont know what.
יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.
What does it mean to be an American?  Have you forgotten? | http://youtu.be/0w03tJ3IkrM

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #77 on: March 02, 2008, 08:53:42 AM »
Probably because the CAIR guy rightly realized that many people, like manedwolf, hold all Muslims responsible for terrorism.  So whatever the video maker intended, there are folks who will watch it and say "Ah, just like them muslims to do this stuff! they's all responsible!"

Well, actually, I hadn't. I thought extremists were extremists, but most Muslims were just peaceful sorts who maybe need to speak up a little more in denouncing the extremists, lest the wildfire keep spreading.

But you've cleared it up for me! Obviously I was wrong, and as the CAIR representative said, Muslims are people who wave AKs around and attack things.

Thanks for making that clearer!  grin

cassandra and sara's daddy

« Reply #78 on: March 02, 2008, 09:19:45 AM »
painful as this is for me i look at the reactions of the more moderate muslims as akin to the reaction, or lack thereof, of "good germans" before ww2. some of the aactions of the extremists/brownshirts were over the top but it did help islam/germany regain place as a world power. and it wasn't them doing the evil deeds so no one could really hold them responsible could they? i suspect its gonna work out as well for the islamic world as it did for the reich. there is also the reallity that the extremists don't play well with others. and for a muslim to speak or act against them is very unhealthy. think anwar sadat. or any of the thousands killed in iraq by insurgents for collaberation.  its a phenomenom not limited to islamic extremists.  my irish cousins play that game too

Strings

« Reply #79 on: March 03, 2008, 08:58:03 PM »
Oh, I have to agree: an extremist is an extremist, and the cultural beliefs are window dressing (or, in some cases, camouflage).

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #80 on: March 03, 2008, 09:09:50 PM »
I obviously should have been paying better attention to this thread.

CAIR? NAACP? KKK? Executing people for membership in an organization (NRA Life Members go straight to the gas chambers, annual members go to the torture chambers and then the gas chambers)?

I swear to God I am going to go Eric Cartman on a bunch of you and kick you squah in da nutz.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.