Author Topic: Stuff White People Like  (Read 13106 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Stuff White People Like
« on: February 28, 2008, 06:49:55 PM »
I read cassandrasdaddy use the term "Mighty white of you" in a sarcastic manner and it stuck in my head unitl...I found this site:
http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.wordpress.com/

Here is a recent post:

#76 Bottles of Water

Water seems like a fairly simple concept. You turn on the tap, put glass underneath, and drink. Sadly, it is not this simple for white people.

On the whole, they are unable to put a glass under a tap and just drink. In fact, this is such a strange concept that the city of New York had to launch a rather large PR campaign to show white people that it was possible to actually drink the water that comes out of the tap!

Up until this point, white people were consuming most of their water in the form of expensive bottles like Fiji, Aquafina and Dasanai. To this day, many white people continue to get their water in this fashion, and it is important to be aware about how your choice of water can say a lot about who you are.

Logically, you would assume that drinking the most expensive premium bottled water (Fiji and Voss) would be enough to show the world that you are too good for tap water. And a few years ago, you would have been right. But lately, advanced white people have been getting very upset about all of the waste that comes with drinking 15-20 bottles per week.

The leading edge of white people have started to use sturdier, refillable bottles. But do not assume this is from the tap. Most white people need to run their water through some sort of filter (Brita or PUR) before they put it into their bottle. This allows them to feel good about using a refillable bottle, but it also makes it more complicated, which they also like.

Previously, the gold standard was the Nalgene bottle, however recent studies have shown the plastic can leak toxins into the water. Currently, white people on the cutting edge are really into metal bottles of water with a twist cap. It is recommended that you buy one of these as soon as possible.

Having one will give you precious leverage over any white person who is drinking from a plastic bottle. Oh bottled water? really? I mean its cool, but I kind of thought you cared about the earth. If you see someone drinking a Fiji water, you do have the opportunity to go in for the kill. Do you know that your bottle of water has a bigger carbon footprint than me? I think they were originally going to call it aboriginal blood but that bottle was as close as they could get. You know, legally.

Again, this should only be used in extreme situations.

Following your confrontation, the white person is likely to have a metal bottle just like yours. If this happens, there will be an implicit pact whereby they will do favors for you provided you do not tell everyone they got their bottle after you.

Go see entry #75, "Threatening to Move to Canada:"

Within white culture, it is agreed upon that if Canada had better weather it would be a perfect place.

Being aware that this information can be used quite easily to gain the trust of white people. Whenever they say, Im moving to Canada, you must immediately respond with I have relatives in Canada.

They will then expect you to tell them about how Canada has a perfect healthcare system, legalized everything, and no crime. Though not true, it will reassure them that they are making the right choice by saying they want to move there.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Stuff White People Like
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 07:00:08 PM »
The white people I know still drink from the garden hose.   smiley

But, then, I've drunk water from pools in desert rock, with wormies wriggling about in it.   shocked
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 07:11:41 PM »
Beer comes from a bottle NOT water.
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 07:14:35 PM »
I drink from the tap.  But I rarely bother with putting the glass underneath first.

Does that mean I'm not whit enough?

cassandra and sara's daddy

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2008, 07:15:42 PM »
is there a section about "dancing" drunk at weddings?

wooderson

• friend
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2008, 07:18:19 PM »
No, but there is a section on white people not dancing at concerts.
"The famously genial grin turned into a rictus of senile fury: I was looking at a cruel and stupid lizard."

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2008, 07:18:43 PM »
Tap water is nasty.
We have a filtered water dispenser in our fridge.
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

wooderson

• friend
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2008, 07:18:58 PM »
My favorite entry is "passing." I wish they hadn't written a couple of paragraphs, I think one word and a period would have sufficed.
"The famously genial grin turned into a rictus of senile fury: I was looking at a cruel and stupid lizard."

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2008, 07:26:57 PM »
i have some corrollaries  but i'm pretty sure i';ll bunch someones panties if i get started

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2008, 07:55:22 PM »
So it's a liberal-bashing site.  But why do they call them "white people"?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2008, 08:21:28 PM »
Who gives a crap.

I drink bevvies out of aluminium canz, and toss them in the back yard for the local outdoorsmen to scavenge... Of course, since I've moved to the 'burbs, has resulted in a problem with one of my neighbors... This gentulman, who we will call Ul Teg, seems to have a problem with a backyard recycling area...

Blog under construction

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2008, 08:46:50 PM »
I'm actually one of only a few students at Marquette that actually drink water from the *gasp* bubbler instead of from a bottle.
Andy

crt360

• friend
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2008, 08:53:49 PM »
After filling the coffee pot with water from the tap, I noticed the water was pink and smelled funny.  I poured it out, waited a little while, and refilled it with water from the same tap that was less pink and less funny smelling.  I have no idea what it was.  The coffee tasted alright.  smiley
For entertainment purposes only.

Finch

• Fading Freedoms
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2008, 09:14:34 PM »
The white people I know still drink from the garden hose.   smiley

I've always thought that water tasted the best.
Truth is treason in the empire of lies - Ron Paul

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2008, 09:25:13 PM »
If I'm thirsty enough, I have no compunctions about drinking from a hose (and I often prefer it that way, anyway).

However, I do filter my tap water, mostly because it tastes like crap.  That, and I came from a town that would periodically have the sewer back up into the water supply.  Although a filter isn't nearly as good as boiling for that, it's better than nothing (and you don't always find out about those sewer problems in time).  undecided
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2008, 01:41:31 AM »
Reno water taste like crap, you would buy bottled if you lived here too.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2008, 02:38:29 AM »
Best water I ever drank came out of a well in the hills of northeast PA. CortezKid's house. He invited me over for a shoot-em-up a few years back when I went out there for my **th HS reunion. He has a lotta nice guns!

I still want to move back there. Mrs 280 ain't too keen on the idea though.  shocked

Turns out Scranton is a pretty interesting town. Who knew? laugh
Avoid cliches like the plague!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2008, 02:47:00 AM »
"Turns out Scranton is a pretty interesting town."

Only if you're severely brain damaged...  laugh

I've never found Scranton to be particularly nice, but the area it sits in is rather nice in a bleak moors of Scotland lite sense.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Dannyboy

• friend
« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2008, 02:58:43 AM »
Damn, I'm having an identity crisis now.  All these years I've thought I was white.  I only found a few things on that list that I like.  Does that mean that I'm not white enough?
Oh, Lord, please let me be as sanctimonious and self-righteous as those around me, so that I may fit in.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2008, 03:48:19 AM »
I use a Brita pitcher, because it tastes better after the chlorammonia or whatever it is they use now is knocked down.

I didn't think wanting to drink water that was just WATER, which is what a charcoal filter does, had any racial connotation.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #20 on: February 29, 2008, 03:51:43 AM »
How about I sit around and point out the cultural differences of other races?  Oh...that's right...that would make me a raciist in thier eyes....can't we all just get along?!?
What utter tripe.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

MrRezister

• I resist. It's what I do.
  • friend
  • Shank, shank, shank mommy's ankles!
« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2008, 04:11:08 AM »
How about I sit around and point out the cultural differences of other races?  Oh...that's right...that would make me a raciist in thier eyes....

Yes but oddly enough, pointing that out ALSO makes you racist,  shocked  so you really should have kept your bigoted mouth shut, you terrible, terrible person.
He never brought you an unbalanced budget, which is a perennial joke. He never voted himself a wage increase and, to this day, gives back part of his salary every year. He has always voted to preserve the Constitution, cut government spending, lower healthcare costs, end the war on drugs, secure our borders with immigration reform and protect our civil liberties.

« Reply #22 on: February 29, 2008, 04:27:55 AM »
somewhere i should find richard pryors observations on white folks.or maybe chris rocks

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #23 on: February 29, 2008, 04:32:35 AM »
"Turns out Scranton is a pretty interesting town."

Only if you're severely brain damaged...  laugh

I've never found Scranton to be particularly nice, but the area it sits in is rather nice in a bleak moors of Scotland lite sense.
Historically speaking anyways. Between the coal industry and the railroad industry Scranton was quite the hub. Here in CT we have Rockville, also a Victorian era hub, of textiles. One of the best sites in the world for water powered mills. Present day Rockville and present day Scranton share a lot of the same qualities although Scranton is quite a bit larger. It was quite sobering(?) seeing things like school buildings that were old 30+ years ago still there and still in use. I LOVE the friggin' radio tower on the Scranton Times building. No matter which way you enter that valley it presents quite the picture.  laugh
Avoid cliches like the plague!

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #24 on: February 29, 2008, 04:33:53 AM »
It was quite sobering(?) seeing things like school buildings that were old 30+ years ago still there and still in use. I LOVE the friggin' radio tower on the Scranton Times building. No matter which way you enter that valley it presents quite the picture.  laugh

30 years old?!

You need to visit northern New England! We have school buildings that are over 250 years old and still in use!  cheesy