Author Topic: Stuff White People Like  (Read 13104 times)

grampster

• friend
Re: Stuff White People Like
« Reply #25 on: February 29, 2008, 04:53:56 AM »
That site is hilarious.  grin

White people also like to drift threads on bulletin boards.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #26 on: February 29, 2008, 05:00:51 AM »
I thought Asians did more drifting?

(BTW, if you've never seen pros doing mountain drift racing, watch this. Controlled skids to not lose speed on curves, only inches from the walls. Makes NASCAR look boring as hell.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uitHW6WKUQ

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #27 on: February 29, 2008, 05:10:41 AM »
I am too cheap to drink only bottled water.  Cheesy  But I guess my refrigerator has a filter for the water tap on it so I can't claim I drink from the tap. 

Growing up, we had good well water.  I work in a chemical plant now and we have Ozarka supplying water bottles.  I don't drink the tap water at work.  The little potable water tank outside is not much to look at. 

What kind of white people has that author been hanging around?  It is funny, but I am almost irritated how much of it doesn't seem to apply to me.  Smiley  A few are familiar.  I guess the author has been hanging around liberal urban types and not small town country boys. 

Concerts:  Rush and Yes really don't play dance music.  I guess I have seen a lot of head bangers at some concerts.  Does that show the author limited scope of music? 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #28 on: February 29, 2008, 05:25:50 AM »
They will then expect you to tell them about how Canada has a perfect healthcare system, legalized everything, and no crime. Though not true, it will reassure them that they are making the right choice by saying they want to move there.

Most of my guns are illegal there.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #29 on: February 29, 2008, 06:06:11 AM »
somewhere i should find richard pryors observations on white folks.or maybe chris rocks

Thier "oberservations" are raciist tripe.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

cassandra and sara's daddy

« Reply #30 on: February 29, 2008, 06:15:34 AM »
oh but pryor is funny! you ever hear his routine that starts out "not many white people out there tonite"
or when he trys to come up with a new label

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #31 on: February 29, 2008, 06:30:30 AM »
It was quite sobering(?) seeing things like school buildings that were old 30+ years ago still there and still in use. I LOVE the friggin' radio tower on the Scranton Times building. No matter which way you enter that valley it presents quite the picture.  laugh

30 years old?!

You need to visit northern New England! We have school buildings that are over 250 years old and still in use!  cheesy

It's a pity you didn't spend more time in them. angel grin
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #32 on: February 29, 2008, 07:18:24 AM »
I miss Kentucky.

Best water I ever drank was about a mile and a half into a karst limestone cave, and just sorta flowing out of the wall.

Blog under construction

xavier fremboe

• friends
  • All-American Meanie
    • The Shop
« Reply #33 on: February 29, 2008, 07:51:00 AM »
After filling the coffee pot with water from the tap, I noticed the water was pink and smelled funny.  I poured it out, waited a little while, and refilled it with water from the same tap that was less pink and less funny smelling.  I have no idea what it was.  The coffee tasted alright.  smiley
Manganese, specifically permangenate, is usually pink.  Happens sometimes here in North Texas when the lakes get low.
If the bandersnatch seems even mildly frumious, best to shun it.  Really. http://www.cctplastics.com

StopTheGrays

• friend
  • bah...
« Reply #34 on: February 29, 2008, 08:02:55 AM »
I'm actually one of only a few students at Marquette that actually drink water from the *gasp* bubbler instead of from a bottle.
That will change if you ever get hit with the Milwaukee Two-Step during a cryptosporidium outbreak.

Does any image illustrate so neatly the wrongheadedness of the Obama administration than Americans scrambling in terror from Air Force One?
Just great…Chicago politics has spread to all 57 states.
They told me if I voted for John McCain, my country would look like it is run by people with a disturbing affinity towards fascism. And they were right!

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #35 on: February 29, 2008, 01:22:42 PM »
Depends on where you're at. Growing up on well water I drank outta the tap all the time. Only bottled water was in rinsed out gallon jugs we took when out and about.

But most city water is filthy. All kinds of nasty stuff in it.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

cassandra and sara's daddy

« Reply #36 on: February 29, 2008, 01:28:05 PM »
i've got a well lil less than 400 foot deep  and i've got a cartridge filter a green sand filter that does sulfur and iron then it goes through a three stage under the sink that goes to 1/2 micron   before it goes through last filter in fridge. and my wife still buys bottled water    and i refill bottles after she goes to bed

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #37 on: February 29, 2008, 02:48:06 PM »
I've drunk water out of mountain creeks, beaver ponds, and glacial rivers and never got sick from it.  We're on a well now, and the water has a bit of sodium in it among other things.  I use it for coffee, but it isn't all that good to just drink it straight unless you are awfully thirsty.

The town where we lived previously gets its city water from the bottom of an old coal mine, which has a bunch of equipment rusting away in it.  shocked
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: February 29, 2008, 05:00:09 PM »
I'm actually one of only a few students at Marquette that actually drink water from the *gasp* bubbler instead of from a bottle.
That will change if you ever get hit with the Milwaukee Two-Step during a cryptosporidium outbreak.

Yeah, I remember a couple of outbreaks when I was younger... in that case I'll take bottled water. I just find it funny that there are those who have to carry around all day a bottle with water... never more than two inches from their hand... it's like a socially acceptable baby bottle for adults.
Andy

BridgeWalker

« Reply #39 on: February 29, 2008, 06:54:32 PM »
Our municipal water supplier sends out regular notices to take lead precautions with the water.  I don't have time to run the tap for a couple minutes before drinking, and I get enough lead exposure through shooting and related activities. 

I'd rather get my water from a river, but it's a bit of a drive to the right one.  I settle for bottled. 

But them I recently saw a couple comments referring as Jews as something other than white people, so I dunno if I count anyway. 

thebaldguy

• friends
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2008, 06:31:01 AM »
Our city water in Minneapolis is actually pretty good; the city installed a nice top of the line filtration system a few years ago. I laugh when I see people spending megabucks on bottled water here; for some reason they think city water is bad. I have seen blind taste tests where the city water gets picked over the expensive bottled water. We still use a faucet filter, and put the filtered water in the fridge.

One nice thing about living in the northern part of the US is that the water is pretty cold when it comes out of the tap, especially in the winter. I think that may help with the taste.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2008, 08:39:27 AM »
Most of the grocery stores and Walmarts in Montana have self-serve RO machines that you can refill your water jugs.  Usually about 33 cents a gallon.

The one nice thing about Colorado was the plentiful supply of good water.  Around here water is a luxury and good water even more so.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2008, 10:10:07 AM »
Most of the grocery stores and Walmarts in Montana have self-serve RO machines that you can refill your water jugs.  Usually about 33 cents a gallon.

Good lord. They took those out of stores in Florida where I grew up yeaaaars ago, after an expose that the nozzles were breeding grounds for black mold and mildew, and they never cleaned them out.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2008, 10:28:04 AM »
Our water is very hard and tastes like dirt.  A couple years ago I did the Culligan thing - softener and RO.  No more crusty faucets, no more funky ice, and no more coffee that tastes like it's been filtered through a used jock strap.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2008, 10:52:59 AM »
Concerts:  Rush and Yes really don't play dance music.  I guess I have seen a lot of head bangers at some concerts.  Does that show the author limited scope of music?

I'd say so.  LOTS of motion from all the white people at this concert.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXIvy8VQjSY

...but it also makes it more complicated, which they also like.

BWHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!! TOO TRUE!!!  Us white folks are not happy unless we are miserable.

I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2008, 06:35:43 PM »
somewhere i should find richard pryors observations on white folks.or maybe chris rocks

Thier "oberservations" are raciist tripe.
Yea but it's ok because it's HILARIOUS racist tripe.
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

Ned Hamford

• friend
« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2008, 09:34:22 PM »
BWHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!! TOO TRUE!!!  Us white folks are not happy unless we are miserable.

I'm only happy when it rains.
 grin
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2008, 05:00:54 AM »

I'll settle for Sindawe being miserable.  Tongue
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

mike

« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2008, 06:15:24 AM »
Best water I ever drank came from the head od a natural spring. Boy that was good. And It was colddddd!!! grin

Dannyboy

• friend
« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2008, 08:02:53 AM »

Is that what you get when you drink too much of that "beer" that Milwaukee is notorious famous for?
Oh, Lord, please let me be as sanctimonious and self-righteous as those around me, so that I may fit in.