Author Topic: Stuff White People Like  (Read 13105 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: Stuff White People Like
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2008, 08:52:04 AM »
That will change if you ever get hit with the Milwaukee Two-Step during a cryptosporidium outbreak.

Is that what you get when you drink too much of that "beer" that Milwaukee is notorious famous for?

Beer?  Milwaukee produces beer? 

And all this time, I thought it was alcoholic club soda.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2008, 10:25:59 AM »
somewhere i should find richard pryors observations on white folks.or maybe chris rocks

Thier "oberservations" are raciist tripe.
Yea but it's ok because it's HILARIOUS racist tripe.
But that only seems to work in one direction.  Smiley
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2008, 01:10:50 PM »
The building I went to first grade in was build in 1919. That was 1972-73.

2 through 6 was in the newly opened consolidated elementary. Nice, but it was one of the first schools in the nation built with "pod" classrooms.

You didn't like the class you were in? You had three others to listen to. DISMAL failure, and the classrooms have been separated.

My high school was build in 1952. I got there in 1979.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2008, 07:44:22 PM »
somewhere i should find richard pryors observations on white folks.or maybe chris rocks

Thier "oberservations" are raciist tripe.
Yea but it's ok because it's HILARIOUS racist tripe.
But that only seems to work in one direction.  Smiley

Zactly.  I point out whats funny about black African American culture...and I'm a raciist.  They point it out about us and its funny.

Wasn't it Alan Keys who said he isnt' African American because he wasn't born in Africa:  He's an American.

The first step to stemming racisim is to stop thinking its funny.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2008, 07:51:15 PM »
Well, I wouldn't say that.  Laughter can be good, but it isn't always used that way.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #55 on: March 03, 2008, 09:18:38 PM »
The building I went to first grade in was build in 1919. That was 1972-73.

2 through 6 was in the newly opened consolidated elementary. Nice, but it was one of the first schools in the nation built with "pod" classrooms.

You didn't like the class you were in? You had three others to listen to. DISMAL failure, and the classrooms have been separated.

My high school was build in 1952. I got there in 1979.

Yeah, the private elementary school I went to in the 80's was like that. New concept crap. "open" classrooms, and it wasn't a library, it was a media center.  rolleyes

Since then, the classrooms have been walled off, soundproofed, and the library is a library.

Marvin Dao

« Reply #56 on: March 03, 2008, 10:00:24 PM »
I think lots of you are missing the point. The "Stuff White People Like" blog is some white guy skewering himself and his fellow "enlightened whites". It's not about making fun of white people in general.

Quote from: Christian Lander, "Stuff White People Like" interview
Still, Lander is less concerned with cross-ethnic and racial relations than he is with how whites treat each other. As a onetime graduate student in the Midwest, he got tired of coastal condescension of the fly-over states and the glib assumption that "red staters are evil and stupid."

"Too many white people don't like to be reminded that they're white. They like to think that white people are those evil corporate right-wingers or the uneducated masses who vote the wrong way. But 'enlightened whites' are white people too and have just as much of a group mentality as they think the red staters have."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #57 on: March 03, 2008, 10:36:30 PM »
Thanks, Marv, that answers my question.   smiley
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

SteveS

• The Voice of Reason
  • friends
« Reply #58 on: March 03, 2008, 11:29:05 PM »
That will change if you ever get hit with the Milwaukee Two-Step during a cryptosporidium outbreak.

Is that what you get when you drink too much of that "beer" that Milwaukee is notorious famous for?

Beer?  Milwaukee produces beer? 

And all this time, I thought it was alcoholic club soda.

Ever been there? 

Water Street Brewery makes a fantastic dopplebock and a great pale ale.

http://www.waterstreetbrewery.com/home.htm
Profanity is the linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother****er.

Paddy

« Reply #59 on: March 03, 2008, 11:44:58 PM »
Currently, white people on the cutting edge are really into metal bottles of water with a twist cap.

I actually have one of those, it called a "Kleen Kanteen" made of stainless steel.  It holds 18oz and cost $20.  I fill it from the RO (reverse osmosis for those of you in flyover country) tap.  Next purchase will be the 27ouncer.

cassandra and sara's daddy

« Reply #60 on: March 04, 2008, 12:26:39 AM »
and theres your proof

keeleon

« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2008, 12:23:32 PM »
Zactly.  I point out whats funny about black African American culture...and I'm a raciist.  They point it out about us and its funny.

Wasn't it Alan Keys who said he isnt' African American because he wasn't born in Africa:  He's an American.

The first step to stemming racisim is to stop thinking its funny.

That's great, I have been saying that for years.  What's even funny is that most immigrants to the US from Africa are WHITE.  so the only "real" african-americans are mostly white.  It's not to stop thinking it's funny, in fact the first step is the opposite.  We need to realize that we are in fact different, and we do have different cultures and backgrounds, but that there isn't anything wrong with that.  I have to say even though they are usually very funny and even correct, I can't stand most "black" comedians, simply because it is such an unfair hypocrisy, that EVERY one of their acts is about how dumb white people are, and white people WILL get stabbed for talking about other races.  Carlos Mencia has it right, either everyone is fair game, or no one is.  I certainly wouldn't feel comfortable talking about humorous observations about "black" culture, and that just isn't fair, because my observations can be just as funny as theirs.

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #62 on: March 04, 2008, 11:20:24 PM »
So...is there anything funny about the "gun culture"?
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

Uncle Bubba

• friend
  • Billy Fish
« Reply #63 on: March 05, 2008, 04:39:24 AM »
Best water I ever drank came from the head od a natural spring. Boy that was good. And It was colddddd!!! grin

Ditto. I went to Andersonville, Georgia with a friend a few years ago to visit the site of the infamous Civil War prison camp and the National POW museum. If you don't know much about it, read up a little about the beyond-appalling conditions that Union soldiers were held in there. The camp was built with a creek running through it, but the Confederate encampment was upstream and both Union and Confederate soldiers used the stream as drinking water source, washroom, and toilet. A filthier setup probably couldn't have been designed. Thousands died because of it. You'll read of a thunderstorm in early 1865 (IIRC) and a lightning strike during it that opened a freshwater spring just inside the prison walls, uphill from the creek. The prisoners named it Providence Spring, and it saved many lives in the last days of the camp's existence. The spring still flows, and a stone house was built over it about a hundred years ago. The water flows into a basin, out the side and down to join that nearby creek.

The day we visited, a blistering hot Dog-Days-of-August-in-South-Georgia Tuesday, and after walking all over the prison site for a couple of hours, we found that the US Park Service has posted signs in front of and inside the stone house that read, "WARNING! This Water Is Not Fit For Human Consumption!" After due consideration of just why it isn't (because the government hasn't added anything to it, of course) we drank long and deep of the cold, clear water.

Bar none, it was the best water I've ever tasted.
It's a strange world. Some people get rich and others eat *expletive deleted*it and die. Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Quote from: Fly320s
But, generally speaking, people are idiots outside their own personal sphere.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #64 on: March 05, 2008, 04:43:20 AM »

Oh, yeah.

Such deserves a thread of its own.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

keeleon

« Reply #65 on: March 05, 2008, 05:51:05 AM »

No.  Gun people are always serious.  They are not fanatical.  They do not complain about unrealistic ballistics in movies.  They are always right.  Every shoot is a good shoot, unless it was a bad person that did it.  Some people need killing.  From my cold dead hands.  Get off my lawn.

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #66 on: March 05, 2008, 06:01:51 AM »
Mike went to first grade in 1919?  shocked

angel
Avoid cliches like the plague!

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #67 on: March 05, 2008, 02:46:20 PM »
 keeleon, thats not funny!

grin grin grin
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."