Author Topic: It's tough being a dad...  (Read 4760 times)

doc2rn

Re: It's tough being a dad...
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2008, 06:13:52 PM »
You bet it is. I am a single dad of a 5 yo girl. Try that on for size. When we walked out of the mens room women would act outraged that she had been in there, the fellas where none to happy when I would call female on deck. I even had quite the discussion with mall security once on being a single parent. Evidently if a female takes a little boy into the bathroom its no big deal, if a guy does it he must have alterior motive.
She looks likes Shirley Temple so I have already mounted the shotgun above the front door.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2008, 01:32:01 AM »
if i'd let thr pony do what it had planned all would have been well. its when i took command things went south.   hmmm i see a pattern here anytime i try to command women

Truer words never spoken....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2008, 02:17:55 AM »
 cheesy
Avoid cliches like the plague!

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2008, 05:14:33 AM »
Wait until you get this email.  And being stuck in Iraq I cannot say anything at the time this happens.  At least the boy in question is aware that I am in the military and if he does anything stupid he will know my wrath.

Hello dear,

I did want to tell you something.  Cecil is going to ask your little girl out to dinner.  Then maybe a movie.  They really like each other a lot and if this happens, Dana, Bubba, and me will be right there with them.  I don't see the harm in letting this happen.

You have to let her grow up and date boys dear.  It will be ok.

Love you and miss you.

Always,
Em
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Ex-MA Hole

• friend
    • The Brown Bomber
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2008, 06:00:11 AM »
I dread that day.
One day at a time.

280plus

• friend
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2008, 10:50:06 AM »
Did someone say "emergency leave"?  laugh

grislyatoms

• friends
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2008, 11:08:03 AM »
You bet it is. I am a single dad of a 5 yo girl. Try that on for size. When we walked out of the mens room women would act outraged that she had been in there, the fellas where none to happy when I would call female on deck. I even had quite the discussion with mall security once on being a single parent. Evidently if a female takes a little boy into the bathroom its no big deal, if a guy does it he must have alterior motive.
She looks likes Shirley Temple so I have already mounted the shotgun above the front door.

Single Dad here, too. My daughter is 9 1/2. I deal with the stuff you mentioned all too often. I try to be civil but at times I'm just not in the mood, and folks have gotten an earful.

Wanna get some dirty looks? Go to the store and buy a package of little girl's underwear. Alone. rolleyes
"A son of the sea, am I" Gordon Lightfoot

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2008, 12:36:19 PM »

Single Dad here, too. My daughter is 9 1/2. I deal with the stuff you mentioned all too often. I try to be civil but at times I'm just not in the mood, and folks have gotten an earful.

Wanna get some dirty looks? Go to the store and buy a package of little girl's underwear. Alone. rolleyes

That's pretty awful.
I've bought little girl underwear alone, but not as the only item in the cart.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

280plus

• friend
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2008, 03:50:23 PM »
Reminds me of the Ollie North hosiery receipt fiasco. Somebody made a big deal about a receipt he had from a hosiery shop and how he was buying stockings for his mistress and it turned out he was buying leotards for one of his daughters.  laugh

doc2rn

« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2008, 03:59:33 PM »
Oh yeah I remember the underware look but then again it beats the box of tampons hands down. Everyone laughed the first time when I bought a box of each size because I didn't know which to get. When the cashier started ribbing me I said different bullets make different sized holes. The woman behind me ran for another line, priceless.