Author Topic: The FINAL word on what anyone should think of Ron Paul.  (Read 22742 times)

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Re: The FINAL word on what anyone should think of Ron Paul.
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2008, 02:55:44 AM »
I would vote NAY too. What's the point of this vote? The Congress should be figuring out how to stop spending so much and how to get out of this $9 trillion dollar debt that is ruining our economy.

"The FINAL word on what anyone should think of Ron Paul."

Holy God no wonder this country is in such a mess.
 rolleyes

The government debt didn't ruin the economy.  Unscrupulous lenders and greedy borrowers did.  As soon as all those loans started turning over from 5 year arms to stupid high interest rates....well it was a house of cards.
The government, however, is contributing through Ethanol production.  With more and more farmers growing corn for ethanol, grain supply is dropping.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

MrRezister

• I resist. It's what I do.
  • friend
  • Shank, shank, shank mommy's ankles!
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2008, 04:43:26 AM »

I strongly suspect that if you bothered to ask the man instead of assuming, that he would justify this vote in pretty much exactly the same way he justifies all his supposedly "controversial" votes.  Namely, by pointing out that it's not the JOB of the LEGISLATURE to condemn anyone for doing evil or stupid things.  The JOB of the LEGISLATURE is to PASS LEGISLATION. 

Passing a bill which says "Hey, we don't like that." isn't the same as saying "Yo, that *expletive deleted*it ain't legal.  Don't do it."  Believe it or not, I don't need my congressman to point out the fact that terrorism is wrong.  The fact that kooky old Dr. Paul doesn't go along with everyone else without thinking about whether or not he's wasting time (and by extension, taxpayers dollars) is just fine with me, and another reason I'm glad I voted for the man. 

But I appreciate you trying to do my thinking for me. 

It was a nice try. 

Really.
He never brought you an unbalanced budget, which is a perennial joke. He never voted himself a wage increase and, to this day, gives back part of his salary every year. He has always voted to preserve the Constitution, cut government spending, lower healthcare costs, end the war on drugs, secure our borders with immigration reform and protect our civil liberties.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2008, 06:53:14 AM »

If he applied the principle you say he does, he would have abstained from the vote. And that would have conveyed a message far closer to what you're trying to claim.

He votes nay on any bills to condemn/support anything. To claim he selectively hates ISrael is a grotesque misrepresentation of the facts.

And I still contend that if Mr. Paul were interested in sending a CLEAR message, instead of one that could be interpreted in any of a number of ways, he'd vote present.

While I agree that a no vote on this issue does not equal hatred for the Jews or support of the Palestinians, it still doesn't convey a good message or image.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2008, 08:37:51 AM »

I strongly suspect that if you bothered to ask the man instead of assuming, that he would justify this vote in pretty much exactly the same way he justifies all his supposedly "controversial" votes.  Namely, by pointing out that it's not the JOB of the LEGISLATURE to condemn anyone for doing evil or stupid things.  The JOB of the LEGISLATURE is to PASS LEGISLATION. 

Passing a bill which says "Hey, we don't like that." isn't the same as saying "Yo, that *expletive deleted*it ain't legal.  Don't do it."  Believe it or not, I don't need my congressman to point out the fact that terrorism is wrong.  The fact that kooky old Dr. Paul doesn't go along with everyone else without thinking about whether or not he's wasting time (and by extension, taxpayers dollars) is just fine with me, and another reason I'm glad I voted for the man. 

But I appreciate you trying to do my thinking for me. 

It was a nice try. 

Really.

Uh, hello! your guy participated in that stupid vote that wasn't PASSING LEGISLATION!  Or didn't you read the OP?

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2008, 10:06:14 AM »
After reading this thread, I think it is as entirely as pointless and wasteful as the resolution and vote referred to in the OP......

I'd ask for a mod to close it, but he's one of the perpetuators.....  cheesy
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

outerlimit

« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2008, 05:04:41 PM »
I would vote NAY too. What's the point of this vote? The Congress should be figuring out how to stop spending so much and how to get out of this $9 trillion dollar debt that is ruining our economy.

rolleyes

The government debt didn't ruin the economy.  Unscrupulous lenders and greedy borrowers did.  As soon as all those loans started turning over from 5 year arms to stupid high interest rates....well it was a house of cards.
The government, however, is contributing through Ethanol production.  With more and more farmers growing corn for ethanol, grain supply is dropping.

So you really believe the economy is going south because of "bad loans".

WOW.

Has nothing to do with the fact that we're printing $600 trillion in Monopoly money every year?

rolleyes

What else do you believe about the economy that the media tells you.

outerlimit

« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2008, 05:07:00 PM »
Voting to not condemn evil is supporting it by default.

The whole "He votes no on all foreign stuff"  just further proves the guy doesn't have a clue.

Is Paul out of the race yet?  The Huckster got out of the way, and Paul has vowed not to run 3rd party, what is he doing now?

THis is NOT the United States of Israel, though sometimes I wonder. We need to make sure our own affairs are in order before we inject ourselves into other messes. That's why we're in the predicament we're in today.

outerlimit

« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2008, 05:08:19 PM »
After reading this thread, I think it is as entirely as pointless and wasteful as the resolution and vote referred to in the OP......

I'd ask for a mod to close it, but he's one of the perpetuators.....  cheesy

grin

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2008, 06:08:47 PM »

The whole "He votes no on all foreign stuff"  just further proves the guy doesn't have a clue.

Is Paul out of the race yet?  The Huckster got out of the way, and Paul has vowed not to run 3rd party, what is he doing now?

THis is NOT the United States of Israel, though sometimes I wonder. We need to make sure our own affairs are in order before we inject ourselves into other messes. That's why we're in the predicament we're in today.

Israel is an ally, and a strong one. If you start turning your back on allies, you soon find that you won't have any when you need them.

Paddy

« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2008, 06:16:38 PM »
Ron Paul is history.  He's not gonna be elected POTUS.  The RNC has decided to run McCain.  Big.Mistake.  They just haven't figured it out yet.  Why?  They're arrogant and out of touch with the American people.  Not surprising, they've been dismantling the middle class for the last 27 years.

The sun is setting on the Republican party.  Wake up and smell the coffee.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2008, 01:56:12 AM »

While I agree that a no vote on this issue does not equal hatred for the Jews or support of the Palestinians, it still doesn't convey a good message or image.

So at best, the vote above shows Ron Paul is bad at PR. So?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

outerlimit

« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2008, 03:03:39 AM »

Israel is an ally, and a strong one. If you start turning your back on allies, you soon find that you won't have any when you need them.

Okay if you say so. How long will they be an ally if we stop funding their military. I could care less about them or anyone else in the middle east. What have they done for us lately.

It's supposed to be a two way street. Get real man.

Israel is an ally you say. Prove it. Please site some recent wars where we've been invaded and pIsrael has come to our aid.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2008, 05:21:13 AM »

Okay if you say so. How long will they be an ally if we stop funding their military. I could care less about them or anyone else in the middle east. What have they done for us lately.

Israel is an ally you say. Prove it. Please site some recent wars where we've been invaded and pIsrael has come to our aid.

Daily Kos is...

<- that way. Did you get lost?

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2008, 05:42:56 AM »

Ooooh! That's classy.... undecided
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2008, 06:32:29 AM »

rolleyes

WOW.

Has nothing to do with the fact that we're printing $600 trillion in Monopoly money every year?

rolleyes

Oh I didn't say that government debt isnt a contributor.  But we're a consumerist economy.  We buy alot of crap.  Alot of it.  And we use alot of services.  What happens when people are struggling to make a house payment because the loan rate just doubled, or because they can't afford to fill up thier ESEWVEE?  They stop buying crap. 
Huh? 
Considering the last war we were invaded was WWII (Aleutian island chain), and Israeal wasn't even a nation then.......
Are you drunk?
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

outerlimit

« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2008, 04:05:12 PM »

rolleyes

WOW.

rolleyes

Oh I didn't say that government debt isnt a contributor.  But we're a consumerist economy.  We buy alot of crap.  Alot of it.  And we use alot of services.  What happens when people are struggling to make a house payment because the loan rate just doubled, or because they can't afford to fill up thier ESEWVEE?  They stop buying crap. 
Huh? 
Considering the last war we were invaded was WWII (Aleutian island chain), and Israeal wasn't even a nation then.......
Are you drunk?

So then when do we get in return for our billions of dollars in welfare to the Israelis?

outerlimit

« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2008, 04:09:37 PM »

Ooooh! That's classy.... undecided

If I called Obama Osama you wouldn't say anything, right?

McStain, Hillabeast, Hitlery, Hillbama, ect.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2008, 05:08:53 PM »
If I called Obama Osama you wouldn't say anything, right?

McStain, Hillabeast, Hitlery, Hillbama, ect.

I think its just childish and sophomoric.

See? You were wrong about about that! grin
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2008, 06:02:18 PM »
I'm still waiting for a good explanation for why Ron Paul habitually takes part in votes he thinks are immoral or illegal, instead of abstaining or refusing to participate.

Anyone?

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2008, 06:29:17 PM »
I'm still waiting for a good explanation for why Ron Paul habitually takes part in votes he thinks are immoral or illegal, instead of abstaining or refusing to participate.

Anyone?

[cricket noise] [/cricket noise]

I posed that question way back in the thread....

outerlimit

« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2008, 07:36:22 PM »

Anyone?

I guess he's there for a reason. I would like to think we send people to Washington to say "No" to big government. To draw a line in the sand. But I don't know, you'll have to ask him I guess.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2008, 11:04:48 PM »

So then when do we get in return for our billions of dollars in welfare to the Israelis?

You? Nothing.

On the other hand, the money 'may only be spent on US products and services' - making it de-facto corporate welfare for people like Northrop-Grumman, and subjugating Israeli defense procurement to that.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Finch

• Fading Freedoms
« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2008, 11:10:18 PM »
I'm still waiting for a good explanation for why Ron Paul habitually takes part in votes he thinks are immoral or illegal, instead of abstaining or refusing to participate taking the cowards way out.

Anyone?

Let try that, it's a little more accurate.
Truth is treason in the empire of lies - Ron Paul

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2008, 01:28:57 AM »
I'm still waiting for a good explanation for why Ron Paul habitually takes part in votes he thinks are immoral or illegal, instead of abstaining or refusing to participate taking the cowards way out.

Anyone?

Let try that, it's a little more less accurate.
Fixed for ya!
If Ron Paul really believed that gov't shouldnt pass such resolutions, he should have abstained/voted present.  Voting no merely participates in the vote in a manner that guarantees he will be looked at as the nut job he appears to be.
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

LAK

• friend
« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2008, 01:57:06 AM »
Huh? 
Are you drunk?
Well, drunks are good for spending money on things that have no tangible return. We have had little or no return from anything in the mid east - let alone from the State of Israel.

Oh wait, some of the families of our sailors did get $6 million divided between the families of 34 murdered U.S. Navy servicemen - can't recall the figure in return for the virtual destruction of one of our ships involved.

-------------------

http://searchronpaul.com
http://ussliberty.org/oldindex.html
http://www.gtr5.com
http://ssunitedstates.org