Author Topic: Taliban and Al Queda are JUST PLAIN STUPID  (Read 5803 times)

johnster999

Re: Taliban and Al Queda are JUST PLAIN STUPID
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2008, 08:21:18 PM »
I don't think they can afford to just lay low. Such inactivity would hurt their recruiting and fundraising efforts.

Werewolf

• friend
  • Lead, Follow or Get the HELL out of the WAY!
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2008, 06:40:56 AM »
I don't think they can afford to just lay low. Such inactivity would hurt their recruiting and fundraising efforts.
Isn't bin laden a billionaire. Funding really isn't an issue.

I think one poster got it right when he surmised that AQ isn't about a cause just about killing. They're animals pure and simple using any excuse to assuage their barbarous impulses.
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love
truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Fight Me Online

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2008, 07:33:31 AM »

Indeed. Terrorism is like any other not-for-profit venture. Fund raising is key. There are a limited number of backers for terrorism, and they naturally want to get the most for their money.

Ignoring the U.S.S. Cole and the African U.S. embassies, 9/11 should have been the grand finale, and not the opening shot on U.S. soil. Now they have nothing to top themselves with when they put their hand out for more funding. That leaves AQ stuck doing the localized bidding of their backers (Iran) in regional proxy war.

And wile it's the least attractive option to the endless speculation of the Internet, Bush & Co. and the various alphabet soup agencies actually may have done a decent job of capturing and disrupting AQ's network. I also think the pool of young men who were educated, somewhat or very westernized, AND still willing to follow and act upon the fundamentalist Islamist creed, the basic profile of those Saudi's who pulled off 9/11, may have been exhausted for a generation.

Many new young men like that are being born in Europe, or the new concern over "white" Islamics from the Balkans or Chechnya, but all of them also have a "home front" that's now worth agitating or fighting for right in their own backyard.

I promise not to duck.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2008, 05:35:23 PM »
That leaves AQ stuck doing the localized bidding of their backers (Iran) in regional proxy war.

Do you have any information or references as to this Al Qaeda/Iran link?

Because right now in Iraq, it sure looks like the Iranian backed party (Badr Corps and affiliates) is engaged in full scale ethnic cleansing campaign against Sunnis, and also trying its darndest to exterminate every Sunni linked organization in Iraq, including Al Qaeda.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

LAK

• friend
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2008, 04:31:23 AM »
The Rabbi
Darn, just when I think I've gone over the top in the sarcasm department, you come along and raise the bar.
I'll just say that the views you've expressed are idiotic in the extreme, and reflect a lack of knowledge combined with a paranoia and Jew-hatred that I am happy I dont see more often.
Waving that empty gun around again. Half my family is Jewish; most of them live here, some in europe. For those that live here, this is their country and home. Not the State of Israel. HERE. America. It is not necessary to worship at the feet of the state of Israel to be Jewish. Nor is it necessary for people who are not Jewish to bow down and adore the state of Israel in order to treat Jewish people like any others.

"Views"? Let's begin with "Hamas", Mr Rabbi. Who exactly founded and funded "Hamas"? And did it not arise out of Ahmad Yassin's "Islamic Association"? True or false Rabbi?

In the fallout from Operation Suzannah, Lavon was forced to resign as the Israeli Defense minister. This is well recorded. Are you going to actually deny this occurred as historically recorded?

Rafi Eitan, Richard Helms, McNamara - among others - were interviewed on camera on the subject of the USS Liberty and Operation Cyanide. I have this BBC documentary, and anyone with the will to find out can aquire a copy entitled "Dead in the Water" and see and hear for themselves (in addition to plenty more). Are you saying that Eitan did not say what he said on camera concerning the Liberty and Operation Cyanide? Nor Helms? Nor McNamara?

The Operation Northwood document signed by Lemnitzer is in the National Archive and can be viewed by anyone that wants to see it. Are you saying this is not so?

The infamous and ficticious "Gulf of Tonkin incident" has been openly exposed. A complete fraud. Or is this not so Rabbi? What say you?

Operation Gladio has been exposed in the course of various investigations at government level in Italy and spelled out in some detail by Giulio Andreotti. Are you saying this also is not true Rabbi?

Ah; but "appeals to authority" are meaningless in an arguement - isn't that right Rabbi? So when it boils down to it; people like you - regardless of what they call themselves - those who think I, and the rest of the civilized world, must prostrate themselves at the feet of the State of Israel and serve it at any cost - like to keep the discussion purely on a level of arguement. With no conclusion. Is that not right Rabbi?

Just like the "perpetual war for perpetual peace". "The war on terror". And back to Al Kidya; and the pudding. NOTHING. For how many years? They are on a leash.

State sponsored terrorism is historically quite common. It is nothing new, and the only paranoia lies with those who are scared to death at what it means to themselves in perhaps realizing some very painful truths.

I don't have such a hang up, neither do many others.

-----------------------------

http://searchronpaul.com
http://ussliberty.org.oldindex.html
http://www.gtr5.com
http://ssunitedstates.org

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2008, 04:44:19 AM »
You guys know what?
I like mudkips.
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2008, 04:55:24 AM »
I appologize for setting him off, Rabbi.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

LAK

• friend
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2008, 05:05:09 AM »
You didn't. I don't get "set off". What I have stated is well recorded for all to read, see and hear. State sponsored "terrorism" is nothing new. Those wearing the suits in Washington and elsewhere are no different from anyone else.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2008, 05:07:50 AM »
You didn't. I don't get "set off". What I have stated is well recorded for all to read, see and hear. State sponsored "terrorism" is nothing new. Those wearing the suits in Washington and elsewhere are no different from anyone else.

Let me get this straight.

Are you saying that our elected representatives are terrorists? Be clear, now. Because that's what it looks like you're saying.

LAK

• friend
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2008, 05:31:13 AM »
Manedwolf
Let me get this straight.

Are you saying that our elected representatives are terrorists? Be clear, now. Because that's what it looks like you're saying.

Please, read my first post - and understand it first. Then the second.

I did not, for a start, say, "our elected representatives are terrorists".

I have said; Al Kidya (in effect) is on a leash.

Because; if they were what we have been told, they could have brought this country to it's knees in the month or so following 9/11.

And I have brought up several examples of state sponsored terrorism that lead back to government in modern history. Thus terrorism is not something "limited to ______________" (name the group or country).