Author Topic: proposing this april in key west, please recomend me a place to stay  (Read 5018 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

Re: proposing this april in key west, please recomend me a place to stay
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2008, 08:44:18 PM »
congrats! being married can be great! i must like it did it twice!

jdoc

• I don't know!
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2008, 09:07:12 PM »
Sorry can't help with a hotel. But I noticed you screen name are we a Jimmy Buffet fan? That some good music.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2008, 09:19:47 PM »
Make sure you say hullo to the kittehs...

Blog under construction

par0thead151

« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2008, 04:11:26 AM »
Sorry can't help with a hotel. But I noticed you screen name are we a Jimmy Buffet fan? That some good music.
indeed i am a buffett fan, however im missing his concert at alpine valley this year as i will be on vacation water skiing when he comes to town. im hoping to catch him at his joint in key west, gotta check his tour schedule to see if it is even worth stopping by as if he is out of town he obviously will not be playing there that day...

par0thead151

« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2008, 04:11:46 AM »
Make sure you say hullo to the kittehs...

who are the hittehs?

par0thead151

« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2008, 04:12:38 AM »
congrats! being married can be great! i must like it did it twice!

im just hoping i only have to go through all this only once.... shocked laugh

HankB

• friend
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2008, 06:39:23 AM »
Islamorada was considered the "Bonefish Capitol of the World" due to the fishing on the flats around the island. I last stayed at the Islander hotel, which was quiet, clean, and nice. A dock you could fish from, not far from Bud 'N Mary's where you could charter a fishing boat. Nice place to relax, but they pretty much pulled the sidewalks in at 6:00 PM.

Did I mention I last stayed there in 1969, when I was just a kid, still in grammar school, on vacation with my parents?

Things may have changed a bit since then . . .

Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

InfidelSerf

• friend
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2008, 05:22:37 PM »
who are the hittehs?
I'm pretty sure he meant KITTENS as in the cats at the Hemingway house.
He was known for all the paradactyl cats.
There is also a large urinal buried in the backyard that was supposedly stolen from the Hogsbreath tavern by Hemingway one drunken night.
It's now a watering trough for the cats.
The hour is fast approaching,on which the Honor&Success of this army,and the safety of our bleeding Country depend.Remember~Soldiers,that you are Freemen,fighting for the blessings of Liberty-that slavery will be your portion,and that of your posterity,if you do not acquit yourselves like men.GW8/76

grampster

• friend
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2008, 06:19:59 PM »
I don't think the Hogsbreath was around when Hemingway was in KW.  Probably was Captain Tony's bar, which was the original Sloppy Joe's before it moved up to the corner on Duval.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw