Author Topic: MS Word 2007  (Read 4486 times)

Phyphor

• friend
Re: MS Word 2007
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2008, 12:47:27 PM »
Holy crap. I just upgraded from Word 2003 and it's a shock how different things are.

I didn't like it, when I looked at it. Powerpoint especially looked very Fisher-Price. Same with Word.

Exactly.    This is supposed to be progress?

I've kept with an older version on my Mac.

Don't like the Ribbon. Reminds me of MS Publisher. I want File Edit View Insert Format...etc, not those bloated jewels. Why does MS have to make its icons so BIG?

Also? Watch what all those changes do to your productivity. smiley I've heard a lot of profanity in the office.
Not to mention all those extra "features" everyone is now gonna have to learn to deal with, most of which will be abandoned rapidly by the average user (whom generally just uses things like Load, Save, Print, Spellcheck, etc.)

"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2008, 12:51:38 PM »
Looks to me like they are trying to dumb down the menu options.  To hell with people who already know the old versions.  Looks like it will be frustrating if I ever have to upgrade to it. 

Why can't they put a "classic interface / New interface" switch in the options, like Winamp?  It's fairly trivial to create a UI in Visual studio, and both UIs can be linked to the same identifiers, so why the hell not?
That was one thing I liked about all the MS Office programs.  All the drop down menus and most all of the tool bars were nearly identical.  Looks to me like that will change.

Exactly.  That's why Office became the de facto standard.  EVERYTHING WORKED THE SAME. 
You didn't need complete retraining to go from Word to Excel, you could do basic operations immediately.  However, with this new eye-killing abortion of an upgrade, I doubt very much that that's the case now.

EDIT: Fixed a brainfart 'office' to 'word'

"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2008, 03:09:40 PM »
Give it time, somebody will create a downloadable skin that converts it back to the previous Office 2003 layout.  Wink
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"