Author Topic: Why Ron Paul Scares the GOP  (Read 22317 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Why Ron Paul Scares the GOP
« Reply #75 on: April 01, 2008, 07:44:00 AM »
your inability to see the difference isn't surprising. its part of what makes the paul campaign such a sucess.... um  never mind
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #76 on: April 01, 2008, 08:48:23 AM »
I'm waiting for a April 1st headline stating "Ron Paul is in lead for...."   something, dunno what.
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #77 on: April 01, 2008, 09:35:32 AM »
"What about it? He was captured. So were a bunch of other people. His Vietnam service doesn't have any reflection on what he would do as president. "

there are folks, fortunately, who think differently. being in long pants during that time tends to make one see it differently

No, that quite unfortunate. There is little difference between your mentality and those who would vote for Obama because he is black. The fact that he was a POW does nothing to reflect on what he would do as President. His history in the senate on the other hand is a much better indicator. I thought that would be pretty evident. So what if he got shot down, he is still pissing on the Constitution.

But I guess that doesn't matter...we got terrorist to fight.  rolleyes

Lemme 'splain it for those who can not discern moral fiber from moralizing fibber.

===============

So...proven courage in the face of years-long imprisonment, actual torture, and threats of death counts for nothing? 

It ain't everything, but it sure is something, despite the mewlings of the Peter Pan set.

Therein lies the difference between voting for ObaMa because of his race and McCain because of his service: content of character vs skin coLor.  (I Know I Just may have heard that somewhere before...)
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #78 on: April 01, 2008, 10:33:51 AM »
(I Know I Just may have heard that somewhere before...)
That would be (The) Oprah.

Finch

• Fading Freedoms
« Reply #79 on: April 01, 2008, 01:48:42 PM »
your inability to see the difference isn't surprising. its part of what makes the paul campaign such a sucess.... um  never mind

And your inability to have a rational discussion without resorting to petty insults when someone says something you can't counter isn't surprising.

So...proven courage in the face of years-long imprisonment, actual torture, and threats of death counts for nothing? 

When talking about being the President of the United States...yes. Sure, he was brave and courageous and all that, but just because he went through hell does not make him presidential material. How he actually performed in the Senate is a worth more on deciding should he be president that the years he spent as a POW.
Truth is treason in the empire of lies - Ron Paul

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #80 on: April 01, 2008, 02:47:24 PM »
petty insult? i'm hurt! that was a shot at those folks who seem most prone to being paul acolytes. i like paul. were it not for his supporters i'd be less inclined to dismiss his chances.    but those who know him best, in texas , have spoken.
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #81 on: April 01, 2008, 05:59:05 PM »
Present a candidate whose most-public example of government service DOESN'T involve a blatant violation of the First (or any other) Amendment?

Are you saying John McCain's most public example of gov service was McCain-Feingold?  Did you forget about his time in Vietnam?

What about it? He was captured. So were a bunch of other people. His Vietnam service doesn't have any reflection on what he would do as president. McCain-Feingold does.

Slow down, Flo-Jo.  I disagreed that McCain-Feingold was his "most-public example of government service."  Or disservice, as the case may be.  And that's it.  I wasn't trying to imply anything by it.   rolleyes
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Finch

• Fading Freedoms
« Reply #82 on: April 01, 2008, 07:43:38 PM »
Present a candidate whose most-public example of government service DOESN'T involve a blatant violation of the First (or any other) Amendment?

Are you saying John McCain's most public example of gov service was McCain-Feingold?  Did you forget about his time in Vietnam?

What about it? He was captured. So were a bunch of other people. His Vietnam service doesn't have any reflection on what he would do as president. McCain-Feingold does.

Slow down, Flo-Jo.  I disagreed that McCain-Feingold was his "most-public example of government service."  Or disservice, as the case may be.  And that's it.  I wasn't trying to imply anything by it.   rolleyes

I know that. This is my opinion. Anybody who honestly considers legislation like that beneficial to this country has no business being president.
Truth is treason in the empire of lies - Ron Paul

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #83 on: April 01, 2008, 08:33:38 PM »
You know that now.  But when I said it, you immediately reacted as if I were sticking up for McCain.  When in fact, I was just fact-checking you.  Don't jump to conclusions in your powered suit, Johnny Rico.   smiley

Anybody who honestly considers legislation like that beneficial to this country has no business being president.
Yeah, I know.  I'm voting for him against the Democrat anyway. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife