Author Topic: Blublockers  (Read 5130 times)

Antibubba

• friend
Re: Blublockers
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2008, 06:47:10 AM »
A cell phone with a dial. Marketable to the guy with the blublockers, the high belt, the white socks, who is dragging a piece of toilet paper on one shoe...

Forget that!  I'm working on a phone with a lanyard cord, so you don't lose it if you drop it.  A plus about this is you can run a charge through the cord so your battery lasts much longer.
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2008, 10:36:20 AM »
The more I wear Blublockers, the more I like 'em.  Absolutely no glare, no squinting at all. Everything is sharp and crystal clear.  Contrasts, light and dark, accentuated.  Colors are somewhat altered, greens look really green, black looks really black.  Blue led's however, are invisible.   I discovered this checking a lottery ticket at the store with the barcode reader.  The screen looked black, nothing, until I removed the glasses.  Then it read 'Congratulations.  $1 Winner.  See Retailer.'  heh.

Are there any opticians in the house?   Can a pair of these be made in prescription?

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2008, 11:30:17 AM »
Blu-blockers are just an amber tint.

All you really need is to tell your optician that you want the same amber tint on your Rx lenses.

For my last pair of Rx glasses, I had some old Serengeti Driver sunglasses.  I had them toss the old lenses, keep the frames, and craft new lenses with the same amber tint scheme as the SDs.  Same effect as the blu-blockers with better styling and less amber tint toward the bottom to help one read auto gages, spedo, etc.

Made some mighty fine driving glasses, sho nuff.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2008, 11:33:48 AM »
What I'm really asking is about the wraparound design.  Can that be made in Rx?  Specifically, a progressive lens?

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2008, 01:22:37 PM »
No to wraparound.
Blog under construction

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2008, 02:27:46 PM »
This place claims they can do wraparound prescription lenses

http://www.heavyglare.com/

Uncle Bubba

• friend
  • Billy Fish
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2008, 08:41:36 AM »
I've been wearing Blublocker Vipers and Super Vipers for about twelve years now, Paddy, and love 'em. My only complaint about them is the lens coating is a trifle delicate.

I'd seen the infomercials and didn't like the aviator-style frame, and then one day while making a delivery at a Walgreens (I worked for a courier service back then) I saw a display of the Vipers. Wearing contact lenses at the time, wraparounds were what I wanted to keep the breeze from drying them out.  I liked the crispness of view and found they're a downright blessing when driving in the rain. When you're in a daytime driving rain and it's bouncing up off the road, and tire spray is added to it, it's hard to see the vehicles around you, even with their lights on. Blublockers cut through all that mess.

I had Lasik surgery last year and ditched the contacts but still like my Vipers. I get quite a few compliments on them, too.

The ones in your photo look like Eagles. The company doesn't offer those in polarized but does have a polarized style called Starmask that are semi-wraparound.

You can get clip-on lenses, even polarized ones, to put on your prescription glasses if you want to go that route.

http://blublocker.com/

The first few pairs I bought off the shelf but since the company website went up, I think it was about 2000 or 2001, that's where I've got all mine. The price has gone down since I first bought them. My first pair was $21.95, a few years later they were $24.95, and now are going for $14.95.
It's a strange world. Some people get rich and others eat *expletive deleted*it and die. Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Quote from: Fly320s
But, generally speaking, people are idiots outside their own personal sphere.