Author Topic: Stung by a WASP!  (Read 1181 times)

Larry Ashcraft

• Administrator
Stung by a WASP!
« on: August 10, 2005, 04:31:20 PM »
I'm allergic to bee stings, but haven't been stung for about 30 years.

Tonight, my 140 lb mutt, Howard, was snapping at something on the porch.  I tried to see what it was, and the dang thing ATTACKED me.

Stung me good on the right hand.  I was chasing him around with various spray cans of toxic chemicals until I finally killed him.

Did the aspirin poultice, which took away the pain, took some Benadryl, and now my hand is the size of a softball.

I hear stings are good for arthritis, so maybe some good will come from this?

kudu

• friend
Stung by a WASP!
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2005, 04:59:31 PM »
I hear you Larry.  I am kinda allergic.  I take benadryl right away and put a baking soda poultice on.  I have never heard of the aspirin poultice, always was baking soda growing up.

I think the stings that are good for arthritis are honey bee stings, but I have been known to be wrong. Smiley

Hope it don't interfere with your shooting the new shotty.

Strings

Stung by a WASP!
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2005, 06:16:12 PM »
Didn't anyone ever tell you to leave those Protestants alone. Man... thought you would've known better... >Wink

Stung by a WASP!
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2005, 08:59:09 PM »
Quote: "Stung me good on the right hand."

Larry, that is NOT what I meant by a "palm swell" on a shotgun.   *grin*

Are you sure Sandy did not set this up" Seems mighty suspicious this happening right after bringing home that new SxS.

Seriously my friend- do monitor this . The poultice was and is a great idea. Benedryl - that too.  I would continue  TO take a Benedryl every 4 hours. Try an ice pack for swelling, no more than 30 min intervals. If things don't improve , any other Sxs, - get checked out.

I keep Benedryl everywhere, home, vehicle, backpack, range bags...everywhere. Not only for me - for anyone else that might need it.

Steve