Author Topic: Nerf Vulcan - revisited  (Read 11499 times)

Bigjake

• friend
Re: Nerf Vulcan - revisited
« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2008, 05:47:53 PM »
Could be a very entertaining way to keep chickens out of my flower beds by the house...

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2008, 05:48:24 PM »
I don't think they'd cause lasting harm to a cat.
Oh, darn...
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2008, 07:32:33 PM »
Must...resist...purchase...
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

myrockfight

« Reply #53 on: December 09, 2008, 11:47:13 PM »
If someone wants one of these for a Christmas present and can't find one - I'd be happy to pick up one at the local Wal-Mart and ship it out (assuming you pay for it of course + shipping) to you. They have them for $35 + tax. I hate to see people pay over and above just to get that hot ticket item for Christmas.

S. Williamson

• formerly Dionysusigma
  • friends
  • It's not the years, it's the mileage.
« Reply #54 on: December 10, 2008, 01:56:40 AM »
Rate of fire is slow.  Belts can be linked together (with some Jerry-rigging), but still have a "dud" at the end of each string.    Inaccurate.  Short range.  Heavy when loaded with 6 D batteries.

And completely AWESOME.  =D
It can be fired as a straight-pull with no batteries, with the same velocity.  Loads just like an M249.  Comes with a tripod (easily detachable).  Truly a formidable toy.

I have been shot with it. My best friend bought one... wait for it... to terrorize the cats.

And no, it doesn't hurt in the slightest.  It's FOAM.  At LOW VELOCITY.  It surprises you, but there is literally zero pain.
"The chances of finding out what's really going on are so remote, the only thing to do is hang the sense of it and keep yourself occupied. I'd far rather be happy than right any day."
"And are you?"
"No, that's where it all falls apart I'm afraid. Pity, it sounds like quite a nice lifestyle otherwise."
-Douglas Adams

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #55 on: December 10, 2008, 01:53:27 PM »
While SHMBO was away to be with MIL while FIL had heart valve surgery (all went well, thanks), I got my sons (6 & 8) a couple of Neft handguns.  Got a two pack "tag" set with velcro chest plates and safety glasses and a Maverick revolver.  Boy, did the three of us have a blast!  Only problem is that I now have to decide between spending the money I have set aside on a firearm or a Nerf toy!  I think I want the Firefly, probably as close to an FN P90 as I'll ever get...

No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

erictank

• friends
« Reply #56 on: December 10, 2008, 03:39:08 PM »
Must...resist...purchase...

Why?   =D

I'm not "too grownup" to admit that we're getting one for Christmas, and it'll be just as much my toy as my step-son's.