Author Topic: angryjournalist.com  (Read 857 times)

HankB

• friend
angryjournalist.com
« on: April 03, 2008, 04:58:58 AM »
There's a website now allowing angry journalists to vent . . . but since mention appeared at Drudge, more people angry AT journalists appear to be venting.

Here's a real eye-opener, if true . . .

# 3203

Stick this in your newspaper and smoke it:

- Im angry because I was in Mosul back in 2004, when someone set off an IED (carbomb) resulting in the deaths of two of my fellow soldiers and seriously injuring two others.
- Im angry because there was an Iraqi man there, filming the explosion from start to finish, and the resulting carnage with a handheld camera.
- Im angry because an over-watch/sniper team detained the man with the camera, and when they searched him they found credentials identifying him as a stringer journalist for a major American news corporation in New York City.
- Im angry because a subsequent investigation conducted by American AND Iraqi investigators determined the man was a member of the terrorist cell responsible for planting the IED and was in charge of filming it for posting to their propaganda website.
- Im angry because when we explained these FACTS to the president of the major news corporation in New York, he blustered and said things like All of our associates are thoroughly vetted and We do not employ terrorists as news reporters, and basically ignored us.
- Im angry because when the terrorist/journalist went to trial in the Iraqi court system, the president of the major news corporation sent a VERY expensive lawyer and a VERY popular news reporter to visit the Iraqi judge in charge of the preliminary hearings.
- Im angry because the lawyer paid the judge to drop the case against the terrorist/journalist and release him from detention.
- Im angry because the reporter conducted a very well produced interview and profile of the judge, exalting his dedication to the people of Iraq and praising him for being so brave to serve his country in a time of such turmoil.
- Im angry because no journalist would ever dream of telling the truth about this story.
- Im angry because journalists know absolutely nothing about war or what it means to sacrifice ANYTHING for the greater good of our amazing country, yet they continually pontificate on its ravages, destruction, and injustices ad nauseam.

I am very happy that I chose a career in the U.S. military instead of becoming a journalist.

Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: angryjournalist.com
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 02:21:57 PM »
Wow.   shocked
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 02:49:26 PM »
Wow indeed.

undecided

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2008, 04:04:35 PM »
I don't know if that's true. In our AO, using a camera or binos on US forces was a shooting situation.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.