Author Topic: McCain/Rice '08 ????  (Read 15410 times)

Werewolf

• friend
  • Lead, Follow or Get the HELL out of the WAY!
Re: McCain/Rice '08 ????
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2008, 10:21:00 AM »
The dollar's at an all time low.  Gas is at an all time high.  The American people have had enough of the Iraq occupation.  Bush's approval ratings continue to drop.  http://www.hist.umn.edu/~ruggles/Approval.htm
Unemployment is up.  Everything that should be up is down.  Everything that should be down is up.   

Yeah, that's the wrong direction.
Most of what you describe is a direct result of oil prices. They rise the price of everything goes up. Businesses struggle to move goods at the higher costs for transport, energy, materials etc and people get laid off.

Why are oil prices up? Well there's increased demand by emerging economies like India and China to be sure but a sizable factor is the Dems and their eco allies refusal to allow off shore drilling, the opening up of fields like Anwar and silly restrictions that make it almost impossible to build new refineries and nuclear power plants.

With the exception of the Iraq war everything you've mentioned above that's wrong with the US today is the fault of the Democrats.
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love
truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Fight Me Online

Werewolf

• friend
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2008, 10:46:56 AM »
What would rice bring to the ticket?

Seriously:

Being black? Hardly. She's a conservative black and that won't set particularly well with the perceived black demographic.

Being a woman? Maybe? My gut says no.

Pro 2nd Amendment - plus with us but with mainstream America?

She's never held an elected office.

She's a college professor and your every day average 100 IQ type out there doesn't have a lot of use for eggheads.

At best she's performed no better than average as the Sec of State and IMO far worse than many. The best that can be said about her and I am not even sure about this is that she hasn't made us any more enemies. Has she made us any more friends? Done a good job mediating between countries where it is in our interest to do so? What exactly has she done at state that would be a plus for her as Veep?

In short she won't bring anything to the ticket and may hurt it.

Fight Me Online

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2008, 02:09:20 PM »
I never once disagreed with your views on any of the idiots with an (R) or (D) after thier name.  However, I wholly disagree with how you're using an ambiguous poll of a limited sampling group to back up your views, and moreso, that you're using the same flawed poll to insist that 80% of people in this country agree with you.

You don't disagree with my views, but you disagree with the flawed data I use to back them up my views, which you agree with?  Then what is the basis for your agreement with my views?  WTF???  Talk about circular...............

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2008, 01:14:29 AM »
Both parties are taking us in the wrong direction....the difference is how much throttle each party is applying.....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2008, 03:13:50 AM »
It's not 80%, his disapproval rating is only about 60%.

PRESIDENT BUSH  Overall Job Rating in national polls

See also: Complete trend    

http://www.pollingreport.com/BushJob.htm

It wasn't a Bush job approval poll, but some ambiguous "do you think the country is heading in the wrong direction" piece of crap. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2008, 03:18:05 AM »
I never once disagreed with your views on any of the idiots with an (R) or (D) after thier name.  However, I wholly disagree with how you're using an ambiguous poll of a limited sampling group to back up your views, and moreso, that you're using the same flawed poll to insist that 80% of people in this country agree with you.

You don't disagree with my views, but you disagree with the flawed data I use to back them up my views, which you agree with?  Then what is the basis for your agreement with my views?  WTF???  Talk about circular...............

I never agreed with it, either.  My point is simply that you're citing this poll that has a wide, ambiguous statement, to back up your view of what the "wrong direction" is.  Thats all.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2008, 04:57:05 AM »
It's not 80%, his disapproval rating is only about 60%.

PRESIDENT BUSH  Overall Job Rating in national polls

See also: Complete trend    

http://www.pollingreport.com/BushJob.htm

It wasn't a Bush job approval poll, but some ambiguous "do you think the country is heading in the wrong direction" piece of crap. 

Plus if you really want to put the blame on the government put it on Congress.  It has an approval rating lower than the President's.  And who is it again in control of Congress........That is right it is the Democrats.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2008, 06:09:48 AM »
Whyizzit that any criticism of Bush and Republicans is never defended, but met with 'but the Democrats are worse.........'  yada yackety quack.  The Democrats have never pretended to be the party of smaller, less intrusive, low spending government.  That claim always comes from Republicans.  A look at their record makes them the hypocrites and makes a mockery of those who have supported them.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2008, 06:57:23 AM »
And that is what is totally amazing Paddy.  The Democrats will flat out tell you that they know how to spend your money better than you do and people still vote for them and then bitch they have no money.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2008, 08:15:21 AM »
If you mean me, you're wrong. I've never (yet) voted for a Democrat.

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2008, 09:56:08 AM »
If you mean me, you're wrong. I've never (yet) voted for a Democrat.

Patiently waiting for the day the Whigs rise again?  Me too.

Our day shall come, oh yes, our day shall come...  grin
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

grampster

• friend
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2008, 02:21:51 PM »

"With the exception of the Iraq war everything you've mentioned above that's wrong with the US today is the fault of the Democrats."

Uhh, actually they are to blame for that too.  If the liberal wing of the D's hadn't been totally obstructionist in getting America on a path to energy independence starting in the mid 70's, 911 and much of what occurred prior to that ascribed to Wahbbist Islam would never have happened. 
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2008, 07:34:19 PM »
Whyizzit that any criticism of Bush and Republicans is never defended, but met with 'but the Democrats are worse.........'  yada yackety quack.  The Democrats have never pretended to be the party of smaller, less intrusive, low spending government.  That claim always comes from Republicans.  A look at their record makes them the hypocrites and makes a mockery of those who have supported them.

Your first bit is obvious baloney.  Bush and the GOP are criticized for anything you could possibly imagine a few thousand things you're not looney enough to conceive of.  Eg:  Blowing up the Towers, creating AIDS, starting a senseless war in Iraq, stealing the Florida 2000 election, and on and on it goes.  You'd have to be blind and deaf not to hear Repubs refuting these things right and left.  Well, OK, mainly right. but anyway...

Are there a few dozen issues where "the Democrats are worse" is the only real response?  Of course.  We say that a lot, too.

And as for mockery, well, when a laughingstock laughs at others, it doesn't mean much. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

don

• friend
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2008, 07:50:08 PM »
My prediction , for what it is worth, is that McCain will win regardless of whom he chooses as a running mate for the following reasons: (1)McCain is a war hero (2) consider the competition (3) the republicans have a far superior political strategy. Hey, they got Bush elected did they not? Blacks are overwhelmingly democratic, but if Hillary gets nominated I would predict that a significant number of blacks will vote republican if Rice were to be selected as a running mate or any other black. Sound crazy? Consider the black reaction to the O.J. trial.

taurusowner

« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2008, 07:51:58 PM »
"With the exception of the Iraq war everything you've mentioned above that's wrong with the US today is the fault of the Democrats."

Uhh, actually they are to blame for that too.  If the liberal wing of the D's hadn't been totally obstructionist in getting America on a path to energy independence starting in the mid 70's, 911 and much of what occurred prior to that ascribed to Wahbbist Islam would never have happened.

Lets not forget who holds the purse strings: Congress.  If they wanted the war stopped tomorrow, it would be stopped tomorrow.  But they don't.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2008, 04:30:52 AM »
I like Condi a whole lot more then McCain and will become
enthusiastic about voting for that ticket, right now I may not even vote because things are so FUBAR.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2008, 06:44:16 AM »
Sound crazy? Consider the black reaction to the O.J. trial.

Yes, it does sound crazy. By your reasoning, Black voters should have come out of the woodwork when Alan Keyes ran for the (R) nomination a few years back (against Dole, or maybe Bush II's first run, can't remember).  Again when Sharpton ran for the (D) nomination not too long ago.  But they didn't.  They won't vote for McCain/Rice.  They will support the (D) ticket regardless of who wins.
JD

Werewolf

• friend
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2008, 06:45:26 AM »
I like Condi a whole lot more then McCain...

As veep she could conceivably become president. McCain is 71 and the presidency is a job that is extremely stressful.

Heck - almost anybody can can serve successfully as the veep but what makes Ms Rice qualified to be the President of the United States of America?

Fight Me Online

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2008, 12:02:00 PM »
By the time this is over, McCain will be seen as a doddering old fool with a short fuse.  He's unpredictable and unreliable.  He's actually worse than Bush.  He's a fool if he thinks he can sustain a continuing U.S. occupation in Iraq at current levels.  Obama promises to withdraw from Iraq ASAP.  That alone will win him the Whitehouse.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2008, 12:36:16 PM »
a doddering old fool with a short fuse.  He's unpredictable and unreliable.  He's actually worse than Bush.  He's a fool...

Must resist urge to point out the obvious.   undecided

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2008, 01:48:53 PM »
Must resist urge to point out the obvious.   

That the Republican party is circling the drain?

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2008, 05:15:35 PM »
No, just that we know someone around here who fits your McCain caricature very well.  Certainly better than McCain does. 

taurusowner

« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2008, 07:58:29 PM »
Obama promises to withdraw from Iraq ASAP.  That alone will win him the Whitehouse.

And doom hundreds of thousands of Iraqis depending on us in the process.  And show the rest of the world the US is the paper tiger they think we are.  And make a mockery of the office of the President. 

But you're fine with all that as long as Obama promises to rob rich people and hand out socialized goodies.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2008, 12:42:57 AM »
Obama promises to withdraw from Iraq ASAP.  That alone will win him the Whitehouse.

And doom hundreds of thousands of Iraqis depending on us in the process.  And show the rest of the world the US is the paper tiger they think we are.  And make a mockery of the office of the President. 

But you're fine with all that as long as Obama promises to rob rich people and hand out socialized goodies.

Best thing I've read in this whole thread.
JD

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2008, 06:31:56 AM »
And doom hundreds of thousands of Iraqis depending on us in the process.  And show the rest of the world the US is the paper tiger they think we are.

Nobody (except Hannity's audience) is buying this phony 'patriotic' fearmongering any longer.  It worked for awhile, but now the majority of the country is sick of it.  Give it up.

And make a mockery of the office of the President.

That's already be thoroughly accomplished by this administration. It may take a long time to restore faith in and respect for that office. 

I'm not an Obama supporter.  I won't be voting for him and doubt he has what it takes to end corporate ownership of our government and restore the middle class, like the two Roosevelts did.  If all he's gonna do is raise a few taxes on the wealthy, that won't get the job done.  Besides, POTUS doesn't make tax aws.  Congress will have to do that.