Author Topic: McCain/Rice '08 ????  (Read 15413 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: McCain/Rice '08 ????
« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2008, 08:07:34 AM »
Paddy, a whole lot of people might not like the way the war is going, but that doesn't mean they want to pull out.  You have your blinders on with regard to that issue. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2008, 08:30:10 AM »
An opinion of "strategic errors were made" does not equate to "raise the white flag and flee with tails between legs", no.

I think some of Rummy's decisions made after the invasion were beyond asinine. But we NEED to finish up there, or it'll become just like Afghanistan.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2008, 08:39:39 AM »
And make a mockery of the office of the President.
That's already be thoroughly accomplished by this the Clinton administration. It may take a long time to restore faith in and respect for that office.

Fixed that for you.  No need to thank me.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2008, 10:53:12 AM »
Paddy, a whole lot of people might not like the way the war is going, but that doesn't mean they want to pull out.

Doesn't matter what the minority 'want'.  The reality is that the war occupation is unsustainable.  We don't have the resources, militarily or financially to maintain it indefinitely, like McCain (Bush III) wants. 

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #54 on: April 12, 2008, 09:32:09 AM »
Are we still talking about Condi?

I really like her

We don't have the resources, militarily or financially to maintain it indefinitely, like McCain (Bush III) wants.
I bet if we pulled out of the Dem's war in Japan and Germany (the Dems never had an exit strategy for those places) we would have plenty of resources.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #55 on: April 12, 2008, 12:57:30 PM »
Are we still talking about Condi?

I really like her

We don't have the resources, militarily or financially to maintain it indefinitely, like McCain (Bush III) wants.
I bet if we pulled out of the Dem's war in Japan and Germany (the Dems never had an exit strategy for those places) we would have plenty of resources.

If the dog hadn't stopped to pee, he'd have caught the rabbit.  If GWB had competent military advice early on, we'd be done with this by now.