Author Topic: Howard Dean, Stephen King. Who's the bigger jerk?  (Read 9431 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Re: Howard Dean, Stephen King. Who's the bigger jerk?
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2008, 12:09:46 PM »
And one other thing Zeke.

College <> Smart.......

The dumbest guy I ever worked for had a Harvard BA and a Northwestern MBA.  The smartest person I ever worked for only had a HS diploma.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2008, 12:09:57 PM »
Ezekiel has been insulting military people for going on 2 years now.  Probably more.  I'd say that makes him a bigger jerk than the other two.  Among other things, of course.  I'm thinking of a warm summer's eve.  And the bag it came in.

Now, now: I merely take umbrage with those that are there because they have nowhere else to go.

Then you have changed your earlier position, that ALL military members are mentally deficient? 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2008, 12:14:30 PM »
Mine were targeted towards other factors: opportunities to attend college and suitability to the college environment or ability to take advantage of the opportunities while there.  None of those factors have anything to do with intelligence or ability.

You are aware that colleges charge tuition, right?  A desire to serve one's country and lack of a decent college warchest doesn't mean that the average GI is just a dumb conscript.

SomeKid

« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2008, 07:14:53 PM »
Mine were targeted towards other factors: opportunities to attend college and suitability to the college environment or ability to take advantage of the opportunities while there.  None of those factors have anything to do with intelligence or ability.

You are aware that colleges charge tuition, right?  A desire to serve one's country and lack of a decent college warchest doesn't mean that the average GI is just a dumb conscript.

Big +1 to this. A buddy of mine back in HS had a crappy home front, basically a 18 he was on his own. He went military, a good route for him. While my family doesn't pay my way, I was not kicked out or forced to pay rent. I can go to college if I work. If he had more money, or even a little family support like I did, he would likely have gone this way.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2008, 08:01:37 PM »

Huh?  I think you quoted the wrong person because I was not saying that. 

Chris