Author Topic: Republican convention  (Read 8745 times)

MicroBalrog

• friend
Re: Republican convention
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2008, 07:03:48 AM »

But, I'd say that the chances of Ron Paul being nominated are roughly equal to my chances of being named the first Methodist pope of the Catholic Church.

So? We already know that. What's your point?

I am not quite certain how the process in Nevada works, but it seems to me that Weedwhacker is among the happy few whose voice still sort of counts in this situation (not MUCH, but it counts).

So, either

1. McCain is going to be nominated, no matter what. In which case it doesn't matter what candidate Weedwhacker votes for, and he should vote for the one he most supports.

or

2. There is a chance, no matter how remote, WW's candidate could still somehow win. Clearly WW should try his best to get the guy he likes, in.

Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

oldfart

« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2008, 07:36:18 AM »
Here in Oregon we had a huge groundaswell of support for RP until about a a month ago, when it seemed to die down.  Now that the Dem campaign has devolved into a mud-wrestling tag-team match the interest in RP has started to boil again.  I get twenty or thirty e-mails every day urging me to vote for him or to stand on an overpass with a banner or a sign.  I'm too old and worn out to do any of those things but I've already voted for him in the primary (we have mail-in voting.)  Like most people, I don't really expect him to get the nomination but he might be able to exert some influence on the platform.  Of course, I wouldn't mind being pleasantly surprised if he were nominated...

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2008, 08:02:18 AM »
"So? We already know that. What's your point?"

Is your name WeedWhacker?

No?

Then I wasn't addressing you.

But, as I noted below, there seems to be a rather vocal group of individuals who are just so sure that some white knight named Ron Paul is going to be swept into the nomination by shenanigans similar to those used by Abraham Lincoln's supporters in 1860.

PAY ATTENTION.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2008, 08:08:48 AM »
Pope Irwinius the First has a nice ring to it.....  angel

I'm still not going to take any of his Papal bull
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

grampster

• friend
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2008, 08:13:53 AM »
Some incense might improve his pre-old man smell.  laugh angel
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

jrfoxx

« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2008, 02:15:29 PM »
Do your think that there is any chance that during the Republican Convention the delegates would throw McCain to the curb and we'd see a grass roots surge to nominate another candidate?

Hey man, quit bogarting! I want a few hits of what you got there....
 grin

It is nice to dream of though.Any chance of scientists resurrecting Reagan just in time for the convention?

WeedWhacker

« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2008, 03:05:13 PM »
"So? We already know that. What's your point?"

Is your name WeedWhacker?

No?

Then I wasn't addressing you.

No need to be petty. I thought the answer as given by MicroBalrog was obvious, hence my possible reply being considered redundant.
"Higher education" is often a euphemism for producers of fermented, homogenized minds.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2008, 08:08:28 PM »
Any chance of scientists resurrecting Reagan just in time for the convention?

Hey a Reagan/Heston ticket.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!