Author Topic: Guns in restaurants draw stares but little outcry  (Read 13487 times)

wmenorr67

• friend
Re: Guns in restaurants draw stares but little outcry
« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2008, 02:31:48 AM »
Don't recognize any of the restaurants on the list.

But I at least know which ones to avoid in that neck of the woods.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #51 on: May 23, 2008, 07:38:59 AM »
Sweetwater, Artie's, and Mike's American are really good restaurants.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2008, 09:10:46 AM »
I think it's like those myths that you can't use handloads/hollow-points/+P rounds in a self-defense firearm, or defend yourself with a Black Rifle, or whatever.

Myths? The first is law in New Jersey. And when a dead home invader's deadbeat family files a civil suit against you, the sleazy lawyer will hold up an example of the rifle you used to try to convince everyone that you were a horrible person who wanted to kill people with this evil black assault rifle. That's just a fact.

No corpse no lawsuit?

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2008, 03:31:58 PM »
  I am really glad VCDL did this, gun rights are civil rights.
They proved the politician wrong (that carrying a gun would mean automatic disruption) and though it seems to me that the reporter went out of their way to find folks who were "uncomfortable"  the majority of patrons couldn't care less.

Its a dumb law, I go to restaurants and bars all the time and I'm armed all the time (ccw) no one is the wiser.

The protest wasn't for open carry it was to fix the concealed carry law.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2008, 04:01:10 AM »
  I am really glad VCDL did this, gun rights are civil rights.

If gun owners really thought that, and acted on it, there would be no lame anti-gun laws already.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner