Author Topic: Why you love where you live...  (Read 6172 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Why you love where you live...
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2008, 07:28:33 AM »
You'd blend in Westbygod, sheep boy...  laugh

I've been trying to figure out a way to move back to Pennsylvania but keep my job for the past couple of years. So far no dice. I'd have to commute most of the time, and that's simply not an option.

All I want is a nice big old house, a couple of acres, a coal stove, and a couple tons of anthracite.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

grislyatoms

• friends
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2008, 09:01:55 AM »
1. No fleas. It's just too damned dry. Godsend for a pet owner.
2. Low humidity, in and of itself. Can be a bitch when your nose dries up and bleeds, though.
3. Excellent eats
4. Miles and miles of absolutely nothing

Big downer=very little water. The only sizeable lakes (I prefer saltwater, but I'll take what I can get) are more than an hour away.
"A son of the sea, am I" Gordon Lightfoot

doc2rn

« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2008, 03:57:59 AM »
I would post a pic but there is a reason they tell you to drive through KS at night. No one wants to see continuing grass as far as the eye can see. After Salina it gets even worse, you wont see a scrub tree till just before Colby. It aint scenic, but you can see people coming from a long ways off.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2008, 04:09:33 PM »
albermarle county va.

i'm close enough to charlottsville to enjoy good resterants, good music and other benifits of being in a college town.
far enough out that i can say i live in the country and can avoid C-ville, by going down to scottsville.
i've got two big rivers to play in (plus a couple smaller ones), plenty of trees and the shenandoh national park is less then an hour away. traffic isn't really that bad.
i live on nine acres of mostly forested land. my dogs have plenty of room to run, and i have plenty of room to shoot.
now if all the ijits from NoVa and New York would stop moveing down here and i could afford to put a desent house on my property, life would be perfect. 
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2008, 05:09:58 PM »
My 40 acres sit in the middle of an absentee owner's 900.  The nearest house is half a mile as the turkey vulture flies and a mile of driving over a ridge.  NO one looks out their window into mine.  Two or three days a year I can barely hear someone else's stereo, it is a signal that there are skinny dippers on the river.  I shoot off the porch, 100 feet in on direction, 150 yards in the other.  Arriving home often involves waiting for deer, turkey, grouse, quail, or bear to clear the driveway first.

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2008, 05:27:44 PM »
pics are giving me crap, but heres the back 40

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2008, 05:30:37 PM »
the homestead, right after we cut the wheat.

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2008, 06:57:51 PM »
MG, yes, I have a DR650 for local travel/dirt roads  and a ZRX 1200 for the street.