Author Topic: Breaking News: Senator Ted Kennedy rushed to hospital  (Read 17477 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Breaking News: Senator Ted Kennedy rushed to hospital
« on: May 17, 2008, 06:42:14 AM »
Nothing definitive yet, as it's still a breaking report.

Maybe he's finally been overcome by guilt at leaving a woman to die in a submerged car?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

oldfart

Re: Breaking News: Senator Ted Kennedy rushed to hospital
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 06:50:47 AM »
Not Likely...

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 07:02:07 AM »
He suddenly became sober.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 07:04:16 AM »
CNN is reporting that he was showing symptoms of a stroke.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2008, 07:29:18 AM »
Alright, folks.  Don't let this become one of those DU moments that happens every time a conservative dies.  Please?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Standing Wolf

• friend
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2008, 08:07:49 AM »
Maybe he's finally been overcome by guilt at leaving a woman to die in a submerged car?

Are you sure that's sufficiently respectful to the Hero of Chappaquiddick?
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

• friend
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2008, 08:11:19 AM »
Okay, I'm stupid.  What's a DU moment?  Educate Me!  cheesy

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2008, 08:24:03 AM »
DU = Democratic Underground.

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2008, 08:28:34 AM »
It's all good, I'm sure you can hook scotch up to an IV same as any liquid.  Mass.'s fearless leader should be back on his feet in no time.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2008, 08:58:37 AM »
Okay, I'm stupid.  What's a DU moment?  Educate Me!  cheesy

I'm talking about the kind of gleeful cackling that has gone on at some left-wing websites, when conservatives have died or taken sick.  Such as when Jerry Falwell died, or Heston, and I think there was some nasty talk when Cheney had heart problems a couple of years ago. 

Much as I despise Kennedy, and I think the world will be a better place without him, I think this thread has already crossed the line.  And that was at the first post. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2008, 09:12:16 AM »
folks of lowclass come in many flavors
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2008, 09:16:52 AM »
Am I tapdancing that he's sick?

No.

Am I wishing him a painful, lingering death?

No.

Am I pointing to an even in the man's life for which he has never taken responsibility, and which should have destroyed his career?

Yes.

Don't like it?

Tough.

• friends
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2008, 09:21:22 AM »
are you allowing posts that you closed lesser threads for to remain? cause you got a badge and a gun? police
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2008, 10:00:36 AM »
OK, you've raised the issue.

Point me to such a post.

It is perfectly legitimate to question actions and motivations in the man's life, especially when they're born out by facts:

Fact - Mary Jo Kopechne left a party with Ted Kennedy.

Fact - Kennedy was at the wheel when the car went over the side of a bridge turned turtle in a pond.

Fact - Kennedy returned to where the party was being held and told several others of the accident. No phone call was made to police or rescue services.

Fact - Kennedy and several others went back to the pond and claim to have tried to get Kopechne out of the car.

Fact - Police/rescue services were not summoned to the scene until at least 10 hours after the accident.

Fact - Kennedy claims to have been sober at the time of the accident.

Fact - Witnesses at the party dispute that.

Fact - Kennedy, over the years, has displayed little remorse at Kopechne's death.

Fact - Kennedy received, even for that time, light judicial punishment.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2008, 10:04:05 AM »
Oh, and by the way...

CNN is now reporting that he suffered a seizure of unknown cause.

• friends
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2008, 10:33:00 AM »
breaks your heart?  bearing in mind that my feelings about kennedy are such as to have earned me a visit and investigation from the secret serrvice in the early 80's i would say that gleefull bnter about a possible stroke falls below the cutoff point on my code of maral behavior. your mileage may vary.cruel comments of that type in a public forumn where fols who are kin or just acolytes can be affected and hurt isn't my style. would probably feel differently about direct confrontation but the internet assasin thing has a certain craven aspect.

taurusowner

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2008, 10:33:33 AM »
I don't wish him ill because he's a Dem or a Senator.  I wish him ill because he is a murderer, just like I wish all murderers ill.  If this were a Dem Senator who didn't kill someone, I would be hoping they got better, but had to resign, living the rest of their life healthy but outside of politics.  Kennedy however killed someone and warrants no sympathy.

• friends
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2008, 10:48:45 AM »
i cut him no slack  and its not like hes been inaccesible to folks to confront. espercially those of us in dc area. to make comments on the net where folks who might like the sob for some reason can see em is apparently  high class for some folks . one of the beautys of this country is you getr to pick your own moral code. i am working to raise mine high enough my kid won't bust my chops. harder than it sounds

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2008, 11:04:02 AM »
I reserve judgment or ill will on him, despite my less then nice thoughts on his character.

And foxnews is reporting two seizures of unknown reason.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2008, 11:05:33 AM »
Obama already has a release out, saying Kennedy has done more for health care then most in history.

Why...yes, being directly responsible for someones death has been a general minority in the population throughout history.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2008, 11:33:06 AM »
So what does someone have to do before we can be happy when they die? Murder apparently isn't enough. Rape, child molestation, kidnapping, slavery, what?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2008, 12:14:26 PM »
"i would say that gleefull bnter about a possible stroke falls below the cutoff point on my code of maral behavior."

I can only surmise that you are speaking hypothetically, as no one has done such in this thread.

At the time I first posted this, there was NO indication that he suffered "stroke-like" symptoms.

I also see absolutely no gleeful banter.

Only pointed observations regarding known transgressions in the man's life.

If you consider that to be "gleefull bnter," I'd really hate to see how you'd categorize someone saying something truly derogatory about the man.

"cruel comments of that type in a public forumn where fols who are kin or just acolytes can be affected and hurt isn't my style."

Cruel comments?

It's now CRUEL to recount known, but negative, facts about someone?

So, anything less than a verbal apotheosis is cruel?

Curious.

Oh, and I've asked you to provide an example of my supposed double standard.

Please do so, or exit the thread.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2008, 12:27:29 PM »
  bearing in mind that my feelings about kennedy are such as to have earned me a visit and investigation from the secret serrvice in the early 80's

You've slipped a few anecdotal whoppers into your posts from time to time however, I'm sure a lot of people would like to see some kind of proof you were investigated by the secret serrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrvice because of your  "feelings".
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

longeyes

• friend
Kennedy lied and the nation died
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2008, 12:44:54 PM »
Well, not quite yet, but Ted will be singularly remembered for his advocacacy in support of the 1965 immigration act.  He insisted the cultural impact would be minimal.  Right.  His intent was to de-europeanize America and damn if he didn't succeed.  Teddy has been behind almost all of the liberal mischief of the past four decades.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2008, 01:38:54 PM »
Heck, I suspected the man died years ago, his body preserved by the toxic-levels of ethyl alcohol, and any signs of life were the product of clever Disney animatronics and careful video editing.

So what does someone have to do before we can be happy when they die? Murder apparently isn't enough. Rape, child molestation, kidnapping, slavery, what?
Interesting question.

Teddy got drunk and got his mistress killed (A trifecta of homicide, DWI, and adultery).  Apparently it is uncouth to express approval of his removal (from this plane).

How about Robert Byrd?  He was an official in the KKK.  Would it be OK to let slip a giggle or two?

Maybe Bull Connor qualified?  Where does firehosing civil rights activists rate relative to a cocktail of homicide, DWI, & adultery?
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton