Author Topic: Breaking News: Senator Ted Kennedy rushed to hospital  (Read 17473 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Re: Breaking News: Senator Ted Kennedy rushed to hospital
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2008, 01:52:32 PM »
I'm still waiting to hear from our "holier than thou" contingent as to what crimes would warrant rejoicing in someones death.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2008, 02:16:19 PM »
I recall saying something like this just a few hours ago.  ↓
Much as I despise Kennedy, and I think the world will be a better place without him, I think this thread has already crossed the line.  And that was at the first post. 

I'll be perfectly satisfied when the man is dead and gone.  Even without Kepechny, he's a sick, evil individual that has done many dark deeds in his official capacity, before our illustrious Senate.

That doesn't mean I laugh or "rejoice" about it.  Nor do I take the occasion of his sudden illness to bring up ancient dirty laundry.  What comments I have made are not thrown out there for fun, but are meant in calm earnest. 

I know it's a very subjective thing.  Your mileage may vary.  FWIW, I'm not saying that this thread has fathomed the same depths of what has gone on at other web sites.  I'm just saying it's gone farther than it should, in my "holier than thou" opinion.   rolleyes

But to more directly answer your question, I found Saddam's execution to be a moment for rejoicing. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2008, 02:20:58 PM »
I don't wish anyone ill will unless they're truly evil.

I do hope the bloated old idiot will retire as a result of this, though. He's done enough damage to America.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2008, 02:36:13 PM »
I wasn't referring to you fisty ole pal.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2008, 02:47:42 PM »
  bearing in mind that my feelings about kennedy are such as to have earned me a visit and investigation from the secret serrvice in the early 80's

You've slipped a few anecdotal whoppers into your posts from time to time however, I'm sure a lot of people would like to see some kind of proof you were investigated by the secret serrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrvice because of your  "feelings".
i was a bartender at the kennedy center   worked the opera hoise a lot in earlt 80's  i was a drunk and apparently(cause i don't recall doing it) was loaded somewhere and shot my mouth off about kennedy and some drunkem blather about what i wanted to do to him and how easy it would be at work. apparently someone who heard took me seriously enough to report it.   they came interviewed me and determined i was just another loud mouth drunk   they did  give a short lecture before leaving
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2008, 02:49:21 PM »
What?  I'm not in the holier than thou contingent?  Well, shucks, that's a first. 

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2008, 07:55:53 PM »
You are holier than I fistful.

Back on Kennedy.  The man is a picture of what is wrong with this country.  Why is it in all the faults that the Kennedy's may have this one is the one still up and kicking.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2008, 08:11:49 PM »
While Ted and his clan get fat through foreign-based family trusts he has managed, by trading on the name of his murdered brothers, to disembowel the nation he purports to love. 
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

stevelyn

• friend
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2008, 04:29:40 AM »
I think it's Standing Wolf's sigline that states "No tyrant should be allowed to die of natural causes". In Kennedy's case I'll take anything I can get whether he strokes out or a meteorite falls on his head.

Just because it's living and in humanoid form doesn't mean that it's precious or possesses any humanity.
Be careful that the toes you step on now aren't connected to the ass you have to kiss later.

Eat Moose. Wear Wolf.

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2008, 04:35:38 AM »
So what does someone have to do before we can be happy when they die? Murder apparently isn't enough. Rape, child molestation, kidnapping, slavery, what?
I'm settling for relief when someone evil passes away.
I won't rejoice unless I had a hand in seeing them off.  angel
"I've never killed a man, but I've read many an obituary with a great deal of satisfaction." - Mark Twain
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2008, 05:00:07 AM »
Just because it's living and in humanoid form doesn't mean that it's precious or possesses any humanity.

Exactly how is a living human not human, then?  Huh?

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2008, 08:13:23 AM »
It's no wonder that Kennedy endorsed Obama.  They are equally confused.

It's hard to know what drives Kennedy exactly, but I don't believe it's fervor for social justice.  Maybe he just wants more Catholics in America?  Maybe he's expiating some sin?  Or maybe he's getting back at his old man?  I don't know.  I do know he's a liar and a dissembler and a coward and a cheater.  He is one more plutocrat who excels at giving other people's money away.  This man's career began with nepotism and the foolishness of crowds (or, more to the point, clans) and hasn't abated for 46 years.  The mentality that put 30-year old Ted, in 1962, in his brother's Senate seat is exactly what we are seeing today, writ large, and it threatens to become universal if Obama is elected.  Beware.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2008, 12:26:07 PM »
It's no wonder that Kennedy endorsed Obama.  They are equally confused.

It's hard to know what drives Kennedy exactly, but I don't believe it's fervor for social justice.  Maybe he just wants more Catholics in America?  Maybe he's expiating some sin?

What could that be?

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2008, 03:58:55 PM »
Call it low class if you'ld like, but I do rejoice in the idea of Ted Kennedy being shuffled off this mortal coil.

As to the cause of the hospital visit, I'm gonna guess that he had too much blood in his alcohol system...

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2008, 07:31:56 PM »
"Exactly how is a living human not human, then?"

Human and humanity are two completely different things.

Human is a noun. It's a thing. You, I, and every one else here are humans. That's a biological definition.

In the context in which I believe Steve is using it, humanity is something that a human may, or may not, possess. It's an intangible quality comprising benevolence, charity, compassion, and other qualities

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

ilbob

• friend
    • Bob's blog
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2008, 05:14:17 AM »
Everyone dies eventually. Its just the way it is. Someone equally as evil will fill his place no doubt.
bob

Disclaimers: I am not a lawyer, cop, soldier, gunsmith, politician, plumber, electrician, or a professional practitioner of many of the other things I comment on in this forum.

xavier fremboe

• friends
  • All-American Meanie
    • The Shop
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2008, 06:31:49 AM »
Call it low class if you'ld like, but I do rejoice in the idea of Ted Kennedy being shuffled off this mortal coil.

As to the cause of the hospital visit, I'm gonna guess that he had too much blood in his alcohol system...
Might lower the price of ethanol...
If the bandersnatch seems even mildly frumious, best to shun it.  Really. http://www.cctplastics.com

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2008, 10:27:57 AM »
I will neither rejoice or mourn when Teddy Kennedy leaves this life. Someone equally devoid of morals will immediately step in to fill the void.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2008, 10:57:06 AM »
Well, according to Fox News, Teddy is still in the hospital.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,356593,00.html

Cutter said Monday the senator had a restful night at Massachusetts General Hospital. He spent Sunday watching sports and movies and visiting with family.

Reading between the lines, it sounds like Teddy is in a stroke-like state and is unfit to be seen in public.  He is mildly non-responsive, so someone turned the hospital TV to TNT and left it on in the corner.  Family members took turns sitting by the side of the bed, hoping for him to recover.

I'm thinking, he's done.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2008, 12:27:22 PM »

In the context in which I believe Steve is using it, humanity is something that a human may, or may not, possess. It's an intangible quality comprising benevolence, charity, compassion, and other qualities   

No, he wasn't using it that way.

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2008, 12:33:53 PM »
Whatever his sins are, they are between him and God.  He was born rich, but the youngest and least favored.  He had two brothers murdered, and a nephew die violently and prematurely.  The people of Massachusetts continue to re-elect him and consider him a champion of the middleclass and disadvantaged.

And, he's a drunken Irishman, to  boot, so I have some empathy for him.  laugh

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2008, 04:26:42 PM »

Exactly how is a living human not human, then?  Huh?

Well, we are talking about a Kennedy, here.....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2008, 04:47:52 PM »
Now that's a good point. 

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2008, 04:53:58 PM »

No, he wasn't using it that way.

Yeah, he was.

Had you bothered to A) read what he wrote, and B) quote it correctly, you'd get the point.

Otherwise, the question you asked in response to his message makes even less sense than is normal for your posts.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2008, 05:09:11 PM »
Mike, Paddy is supposed to do the projecting around here.  Tongue  Now go read his post.  He gave no indication that he was discussing Kennedy's compassion or benevolence, so one can only assume he was talking about whether Kennedy qualified as human. 

Now go define common words like "humanity" for someone who needs your help, Mr. Dictionary.  Tongue