Author Topic: Favorite steak cut?  (Read 15338 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Re: Favorite steak cut?
« Reply #75 on: May 21, 2008, 04:02:59 PM »
So why do you hate America?

I don't think he hates America.

I believe that when they took out his prostate, the neighboring orifice took that as an opportunity to direct The Paddy McRiley Show for good.  shocked

Now that's funny !!!   laugh laugh laugh
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #76 on: May 21, 2008, 04:34:46 PM »
I got some nice ribeyes from sams club last night because I felt inspired for meat cause of yall.

Nice thick 1.5+ ones, cut was perfect.  My only complaint they could of used a little aging as they were a tad watery.

I keep it simple.  Let it come up to a chilly room temp, rub Worcestershire sauce on, salt, and pepper.  I find the Worcestershire sauce doesn't take over like a steak sauce and offers a nice rounded flavor that accents the meat nicely.  Lawreys seasoning salt is another favorite of mine to replace the regular kosher salt.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #77 on: May 21, 2008, 05:52:48 PM »
Skeeter Barnes Flatiron steak from Kearney NB

yum!!

The flat iron steak is a cut of steak from the shoulder of a steer. The design of the cut of steak was created by researchers at the University of Florida and University of Nebraska during the course of a study of undervalued cuts of beef. The study also found that this specific cut is the second most tender cut of beef, after the tenderloin. The major initial barrier to the flat iron steak was the large band of connective tissue running down the center of the steak, which led people to assume that the cut in general must be tough. Removing the connective tissue, however, leads to a steak that is often described as having both the tenderness of a rib eye or strip steak while still having the full-flavored character of a sirloin or skirt steak. Whole, this muscle is known as Infraspinatus, and one may see this displayed in some butcher shops and meat markets as a "top blade" roast. Steaks that are cross cut from this muscle are called top blade steaks or patio steaks. As a whole cut of meat it usually weighs around 2 to 3 lbs, is located adjacent to the heart of the shoulder clod, under the seven bone. The entire top blade usually yields 4 steaks, between 8 to 12oz. each.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flat_iron_steak
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #78 on: May 22, 2008, 04:15:21 AM »
My favorite is the ribeye, but it was very interesting what Harold posted on the flat iron steak.  I have seen that cut in restaurants but never tried it.  I am going to have browse the local supermarkets to see what it is called here in the Seattle area and give it a try.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

xavier fremboe

• friends
  • All-American Meanie
    • The Shop
« Reply #79 on: May 22, 2008, 04:22:14 AM »
Skeeter Barnes Flatiron steak from Kearney NB

yum!!

The flat iron steak is a cut of steak from the shoulder of a steer. The design of the cut of steak was created by researchers at the University of Florida and University of Nebraska during the course of a study of undervalued cuts of beef. The study also found that this specific cut is the second most tender cut of beef, after the tenderloin. The major initial barrier to the flat iron steak was the large band of connective tissue running down the center of the steak, which led people to assume that the cut in general must be tough. Removing the connective tissue, however, leads to a steak that is often described as having both the tenderness of a rib eye or strip steak while still having the full-flavored character of a sirloin or skirt steak. Whole, this muscle is known as Infraspinatus, and one may see this displayed in some butcher shops and meat markets as a "top blade" roast. Steaks that are cross cut from this muscle are called top blade steaks or patio steaks. As a whole cut of meat it usually weighs around 2 to 3 lbs, is located adjacent to the heart of the shoulder clod, under the seven bone. The entire top blade usually yields 4 steaks, between 8 to 12oz. each.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flat_iron_steak

Can you major in steak testing?
If the bandersnatch seems even mildly frumious, best to shun it.  Really. http://www.cctplastics.com

ssn vet

« Reply #80 on: May 22, 2008, 04:35:41 AM »
Black Angus stip steaks...

I have two neighbors raising them and I'm toying with the idea myself.

"aint no slack in fast attack"