Author Topic: "Fidelity Reader Service, Inc." - BEWARE!  (Read 7760 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: "Fidelity Reader Service, Inc." - BEWARE!
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2008, 02:31:55 PM »
kidnap is a lil harsh   they sucker the kids  from poorere areas with what sounds like a good salary   then the kids find out that they get room and board taken out as well as "transportation charges". they find out its harder to sell than they expected and they end up in flea bag hotels crammed in
they end up in the hole since3 their sales don't cover their "overhead". they are 100's of miles from home broke with no way out.  kinda like a mobile compant town. add in that some of the crew leaders are predators and it gets nasty. nothin new been happening since i was a kid
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2008, 03:26:41 PM »
I almost forgot, they wanted to know what I did for a living, how much money I made, what kind of car I drove, etc.

In return, you should have asked them what color underwear they were wearing  grin
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2008, 12:48:32 AM »
She saw me lock the deadbolt, then we walked down my stairs, walked about 50 feet, then she said, "Oh nevermind, I know how to get out". Lost all the friendliness and just turned and left.
Went out for a bit to throw trash away and noticed a little note stuck to my door. No idea what it means - "TAM/GBY" is all it said. Looks like it was ripped off one of their order forms and put there.  undecided
The only result on Google relevant to this says.... "T A M G B Y= TAKE A MAGAZINE AND GO BLOW YOURSELF"
How sweet.
BenW didn't fall for the "catch more flies with honey" technique and PTK didn't let those young bully girls inside. Good on you both. smiley
Criminals can get a bit snippy when the mark doesn't follow the program.
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

PTK

• friends
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2008, 07:57:13 AM »

That's worth repeating and bearing in mind.
"Only lucky people grow old." - Frederick L.
September 1915 - August 2008

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2008, 08:00:59 AM »

That's worth repeating and bearing in mind.

They seem to especially not like seeing the apparent yawning-sewer-pipe of any size muzzle pointed at them instead of the wallet they'd demanded. An unexpected blast of pepper spray and the sensation that they'd just stuck their face in a deep fryer (Fox Labs) tends to put them off their script, too.

Well. Unless they're completely high on something, then all bets are off. They might not even see you as anything but a blur or some hallucinated creature.