Author Topic: Fox News about to change tack?  (Read 2049 times)

agricola

• friend
Fox News about to change tack?
« on: May 30, 2008, 05:26:20 AM »
It might be worth seeing whether there is a gentle shift in the tone at Fox over the next couple of months, away from McCain and towards Obama.  Based on the events before 1997 over here in the UK - where nearly all of the Murdoch press backed Blair (abandoning their traditional Tory stances, and probably in exchange for some type of deal) - it suggests that much the same could be about to happen in the US: 

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2008/may/30/rupertmurdoch.wallstreetjournal

A pretty good reason to vote for McCain.

grin
"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"

Manedwolf

• friend
Re: Fox News about to change tack?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 05:32:54 AM »
FYI, the Guardian is the equivalent of the NYT. Hard left news and hard left distortion of facts. The Telegraph is the right-leaning news.

agricola

• friend
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 05:56:32 AM »
FYI, the Guardian is the equivalent of the NYT. Hard left news and hard left distortion of facts. The Telegraph is the right-leaning news.

Really?  I guess living here these past thirty-two years I mustnt have noticed the political biases of our press.  Thankyou for your insight.

"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 06:14:20 AM »

Really?  I guess living here these past thirty-two years I mustnt have noticed the political biases of our press.  Thankyou for your insight.

And I'm supposed to know where you live if you hadn't said? rolleyes But hey, if sarcasm is your native tongue, that's up to you.

Also FYI, Fox is not going to change their leanings anytime soon. Their ratings are due to the fact that they report things as most Americans seem to want them, and they'd be moronic to change that. MSNBC, the hard-left network, has ratings that are in the toilet.

ilbob

• friend
    • Bob's blog
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2008, 06:55:01 AM »
I thought O'Reily was going to blow a vein out in his neck last night. 

He seems offended that NBC news would allow its news reporting to be influenced by GE's other business interests and their affinity for Obama over HC.

I never saw him even remotely that offended when most of the major news media was in the tank 100% for Bill Clinton no matter what he did.

I sometimes think he is a closet Clinton guy.
bob

Disclaimers: I am not a lawyer, cop, soldier, gunsmith, politician, plumber, electrician, or a professional practitioner of many of the other things I comment on in this forum.