Author Topic: get your papers ready if you plan on going through DC  (Read 15472 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: get your papers ready if you plan on going through DC
« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2008, 12:18:33 PM »
come on  some of you gotta be sufficently strong on PRINCIPLE to do more than just TALK! i'll post a map yuo can show up and show the cops how wrong they are. win the big law suit.  or just talk about it
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

• friends
« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2008, 12:23:46 PM »
heck the penalty for getting caught carrying in dc is no big deal in reallity. first time so long as its just possesion you can probably get nolle prosce.that the sad thing i've never been anywhere where more people had guns than in dc. i knew good kids who felt they had to and i couldn't disagree. micro balog is gonna find northwest one an interesting place. be able to do some writing about that experience. at least they have nite court now  in old days he'd be there till tuesday
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2008, 12:27:44 PM »
Very well. See you in November '09.

Remind me if I forget.

Now, let us return to the issue at stake: How does someone not wanting to travel to these neighborhoods make his opinion illegitimate?

I consider the ban on marijuana to be immoral and oppressive. In your view, my opinion is invalidated by me being unwilling to smoke it?
I consider Israel's gun laws to be immoral and oppressive. Do you believe my opinion is invalidated by being unwilling to purchase, and keep in my house, an M2?
I consider a variety of other laws immoral and oppressive, so what, my opinion is invalidated because I'm not running around and violating them?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

• friends
« Reply #53 on: June 06, 2008, 12:38:34 PM »
you ever see the movie "Mr Roberts"  familiar with Fred Mcmurrays role?

i don't get high either and i think the laws are asinine. and i annoy various judges and politicians about that when i can. i don't believe in getting high but advocate making all drugs legal.that would be the easy way to stop a lotta nonsense.  but i realizre its not gonna happen in my life.

since all these folks are so sure its a bad law and that it'll be struck down  some one will sue get rich etc you'd hope one of em would have [horribly mis-spelled anatomical reference deleted] enough to put up

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #54 on: June 06, 2008, 12:39:20 PM »
There's a suburb of Sacramento called Citrus Heights.

One street in a particularly tough and run-down section of Citrus Heights is called Sayonara Drive. It's been a blight for many years, and I'm really surprised it hasn't burnt down to the ground yet.

The city has gated all but one access street leading into Sayonara Drive, and it's been that way since at least the mid-1990s.  

When I lived a few blocks away from there, the Sacramento County sheriff's helicopters were constantly over that neighborhood, damned near every night, searchlights combing the ground.

I've walked through that neighborhood, but I also was deployed to Baghdad's Green Zone.  I'd take a dare to walk through the neighborhood of interest in this thread in a New York Minute, no problem. Been there, done that.  

Funny thing is with respect to Sayonara Drive, there was no mention of the War on (some) Drugs, nor was there much outcry about the constitutionality of walling off a community. My gut feeling was that the populations of Citrus Heights, Roseville, Carmichael, Sacramento, and Orangevale probably felt it was a good way to force the targeted neighborhood to wither and die off, while keeping the kudzu effect localized and in check. So it's really nothing new. Not necessarily right, morally or ethically, but it's what the community decided to do, so vote early and often if you want to see that change.

I'm going to ignore CaSD's posturing for now. He's already admitted (online, no less!) that he likes to annoy folks, and I see he's good at it. However, for the sake of a publically-visible Armed Polite Society, let's keep this discussion rational, without the double-dog-dare bravado and thread veer, ok? Wink

"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2008, 12:43:11 PM »
No, I don't think most bad laws are getting struck down any time soon. I explained why in other posts on similar topics.

Society in the West [of which America is just one, but wonderful subset] is screwed-up by oppressive government and the various cultural problems associated with it. This can be fixed either by an event of revolutionary magnitude, or by decades and decades of political activism. Not gonna be over within my lifetime.

But that doesn't mean it's not oppressive.

Yes, damn it, we ARE being oppressed.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

• friends
« Reply #56 on: June 06, 2008, 12:56:26 PM »
thats a great name for a cut your way in shoot your way out neighborhood  they need a kamikazee court on it

walking through that hood can be done   kids do it all the time  my point is none of those so outraged feel stongly enough to take drive to make a stand.also that those folks who live there get their frreedom to live back in real life as opposed to someones imaginary denial of their right to cruise a hood. i say imaginary cause until they get it up to go there and get denied it hasn't happened and is just a fantasy on the net

Treo

« Reply #57 on: June 06, 2008, 03:14:36 PM »
This has nothing to do W/ stopping crime. It's about setting a legal precedent & getting Americans used to being randomly stopped & questioned by the police.

doc2rn

« Reply #58 on: June 06, 2008, 03:49:04 PM »
Where are they gonna be? I can play the lost out of towner routine. I have only been here 2 weeks. If gas keeps going up that may be as long as I can afford to stay.

• friends
« Reply #59 on: June 06, 2008, 04:44:32 PM »
It's about setting a legal precedent
you think this is a new deal? been going on for decades  and in other  areas besides this. mthey had some area on cops years ago that did this

doc2rn

« Reply #60 on: June 06, 2008, 05:03:49 PM »
Maybe I should put my roommates in the car. One is Brazilian, one Korean, one Japanese, and one from Africa. I think we could keep their heads spinning by speaking different languages. I also speak French and sign so it could be real fun.

• friends
« Reply #61 on: June 06, 2008, 05:10:27 PM »
if it looks ugly have someone get angry and demand to call the embassy  dc cops respond to that

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #62 on: June 06, 2008, 05:20:54 PM »
Maybe I should put my roommates in the car. One is Brazilian, one Korean, one Japanese, and one from Africa. I think we could keep their heads spinning by speaking different languages. I also speak French and sign so it could be real fun.

Word to the wise-do not intentionally mess with the Metro PD, especially not if you are young and not a billionaire scion. 

It will end badly.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

• friends
« Reply #63 on: June 06, 2008, 05:25:28 PM »
some of the boys in trinidad are worse than cops

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #64 on: June 06, 2008, 05:28:27 PM »
some of the boys in trinidad are worse than cops

No question

Oh yeah, and doc2rn....do eat at Marjan on the corner of Prospect and Wisconsin!  And have a smoke after dinner Smiley
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

GigaBuist

• friends
    • http://www.justinbuist.org/blog/
« Reply #65 on: June 06, 2008, 07:36:11 PM »
casandraandsarasdaddy, im not entirely sure what youre getting at here   are the actions of the police really just trying to keep the white suburban kids out so they cant buy drugs?  thats the root source of the problem?  white kids with money?  if they go away then trinidad will clean up its act?

and at the same time none of us white folk from the suburbans would dare venture in there   too dangerous for us  but white suburban kids do it all the time

• friends
« Reply #66 on: June 07, 2008, 05:31:44 AM »
must be my inner racist again. actually its folks of all colors indulging in victimless crime who drive the dope markets . and the ancilliary violence.  but you never get a rise except from the white ones.trinidad has potential   be nice not to have kids sleep in bathtub though.  of course clearly the freedom of someone in another state who imagines he might wanna cruise the hood trumps the rights of those that live there to have peace. i guess along with never getting a black hoody i'll never be a good libertarian. my pragmatism blocks me from enlightenment. along with most of the voting public

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #67 on: June 07, 2008, 05:34:54 AM »
Explain this to me, then. Why is it I don't know of anybody's kids sleeping in bath-tubs in Israel?

We have a war on drugs just like you guys. And our equivalent of rich white kids buy weed too.

• friends
« Reply #68 on: June 07, 2008, 05:40:42 AM »
Explain this to me, then. Why is it I don't know of anybody's kids sleeping in bath-tubs in Israel?

We have a war on drugs just like you guys. And our equivalent of rich white kids buy weed too.

they do shootem ups where they call the innocent victims "mushrooms" 
the sad reallity is that if they shut down trinidad the trade will move somewhere else  but the folks in trinidad get a chance to live

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #69 on: June 07, 2008, 05:44:20 AM »
So explain to me, why is it that the war on drugs is everywhere, but only some places are crapholes?

• friends
« Reply #70 on: June 07, 2008, 05:50:46 AM »
this is more about he intra organizational fueding. one crew killing another. when it happens in a traditional ghetto no one cares but as a neighborhood "comes back" (read the whites are moving in) steps must be taken

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #71 on: June 07, 2008, 05:52:36 AM »
So explain to me, why is it that the war on drugs is everywhere, but only some places are crapholes?

It's not the drugs, it's the tribes. Yes, there's sometimes retribution for a ripoff, but the driveby spraying is due to gang warfare. As far as I know, you don't have MS-13, Latin Kings, Crips, Bloods, and the like waging urban warfare there.

It's like a slightly less violent version of Shi'a vs. Sunni fights, since they're not using full-auto and bombs. Yet. Though MS-13 in Latin America regularly decapitates people who oppose them, so who knows.

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #72 on: June 07, 2008, 06:22:15 AM »

they do shootem ups where they call the innocent victims "mushrooms" 
the sad reallity is that if they shut down trinidad the trade will move somewhere else  but the folks in trinidad get a chance to live

"Mushrooms?"  I do know that in some areas they don't do fireworks on the fourth of july; they do firearms, and people keep low in their houses to avoid being "collateral casualties"...

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #73 on: June 07, 2008, 06:30:33 AM »
Yes, there's sometimes retribution for a ripoff, but the driveby spraying is due to gang warfare. As far as I know, you don't have MS-13, Latin Kings, Crips, Bloods, and the like waging urban warfare there.

We do have gangs. We have Beduin and Druze clans, and Jewish crime families, who take out each other's members on a routine basis, using everything up to and including LAW launchers.

But I've never heard of a neighborhood where you need to sleep in a bath-tub.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #74 on: June 07, 2008, 06:55:08 AM »
Yes, there's sometimes retribution for a ripoff, but the driveby spraying is due to gang warfare. As far as I know, you don't have MS-13, Latin Kings, Crips, Bloods, and the like waging urban warfare there.

We do have gangs. We have Beduin and Druze clans, and Jewish crime families, who take out each other's members on a routine basis, using everything up to and including LAW launchers.

But I've never heard of a neighborhood where you need to sleep in a bath-tub.

Woodframe construction with drywall will not stop even an errant 9mm, is why.