Author Topic: get your papers ready if you plan on going through DC  (Read 15471 times)

MicroBalrog

• friend
Re: get your papers ready if you plan on going through DC
« Reply #75 on: June 07, 2008, 06:57:55 AM »
So explain to me, why is it that the war on drugs is everywhere, but only some places are crapholes?
Yes, there's sometimes retribution for a ripoff, but the driveby spraying is due to gang warfare. As far as I know, you don't have MS-13, Latin Kings, Crips, Bloods, and the like waging urban warfare there.

We do have gangs. We have Beduin and Druze clans, and Jewish crime families, who take out each other's members on a routine basis, using everything up to and including LAW launchers.

But I've never heard of a neighborhood where you need to sleep in a bath-tub.

Woodframe construction with drywall will not stop even an errant 9mm, is why.

That's not my point. I've lived in neighborhoods where you couldn't drive a nail into a wall because you would bring it down when you hung stuff on the nail.

My point is, gang shoot-outs are just not frequent enough here to reqiure sleeping in bathubs.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #76 on: June 07, 2008, 07:05:00 AM »
So explain to me, why is it that the war on drugs is everywhere, but only some places are crapholes?
Yes, there's sometimes retribution for a ripoff, but the driveby spraying is due to gang warfare. As far as I know, you don't have MS-13, Latin Kings, Crips, Bloods, and the like waging urban warfare there.

We do have gangs. We have Beduin and Druze clans, and Jewish crime families, who take out each other's members on a routine basis, using everything up to and including LAW launchers.

That's not my point. I've lived in neighborhoods where you couldn't drive a nail into a wall because you would bring it down when you hung stuff on the nail.

My point is, gang shoot-outs are just not frequent enough here to reqiure sleeping in bathubs.

But they are here in certain neighborhoods. If you stand in guns-banned Roxbury, a suburb of Boston, you can quite literally hear strings of 9mm pops on hot summer nights.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #77 on: June 07, 2008, 07:05:47 AM »
dc courts offer lil deterrence.  the shop steward at fannie mae did 2 1/2 years in lorton  for stabbing his former boss/roomate 60 times  he plea bargained it to aggravated assault.  they have juries there where a woman went on record as saying she knew the guy was guilty but "i didn't wanna put another young black man in jail"  he went on to kill 3 more before jail.dc is a most peculiar place
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #78 on: June 07, 2008, 12:44:52 PM »

They're not frequent enough to require it here in the states either-it's just that we have a "preparedeness" type mindset that sometimes leads people to over-do the precautions.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #79 on: June 07, 2008, 12:46:50 PM »
if i hear shots putting the kids in the tub works  especially after a few mushrooms get hit in the neighborhood
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #80 on: June 07, 2008, 01:08:24 PM »
if i hear shots putting the kids in the tub works  especially after a few mushrooms get hit in the neighborhood

And that's separate from deliberately sleeping in tubs every night, like you seem to imply.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner