Author Topic: JM may pick BLOOMBERG as VP!  (Read 8207 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
JM may pick BLOOMBERG as VP!
« on: June 13, 2008, 10:04:06 AM »
JM is making me sick! anyone with any knowledge of gun issues
can not support Bloomberg being anywhere near the White House!

Bloomberg is fanatically anti gun, he makes Obama look like a dang NRA life member,  If JM picks Bloomberg Then I will be voting Constitution Party or Libertarian
and never voting R in presidential races again. If
Obama picks Richardson or Webb  as VP it would be a better  ticket than
a Bloomberg VP.
If I had hair I would be pulling it out!
http://www.nypost.com/seven/06112008/news/nationalnews/mac__mike_still_in_veepstakes_114982.htm                 

MAC: MIKE STILL IN VEEPSTAKES
ALSO BOOSTING BLOOMY FOR GOV

June 11, 2008 --

Sen. John McCain praised Mayor Bloomberg yesterday - talking up Hizzoner as a strong candidate for governor and refusing to rule him out as a vice presidential candidate.

Asked during an interview with The Post whether the term-limited billionaire mayor should be able to seek re-election to a third term, he said there's been "some speculation" about Bloomberg trying to move to Albany.

"Do I think he could serve the state of New York and the country well? Of course," McCain said, during a sitdown at the New York Hilton.

He was also asked about having the mayor as his running mate.

"We don't talk about our vice-presidential possibilities," he said, but pointedly added, "I appreciate Mayor Bloomberg enormously and the great job he's done as mayor."

McCain said he didn't know "what it takes" to change term limits, but suggested that Bloomberg remaining at City Hall would also suit him fine - even though Hizzoner quit the Republican Party in 2007 to register as an independent.

"I just think he's done a great job," McCain said. "From all the polls I've seen, New Yorkers feel the same way."

The Arizona senator also the spread the love to former GOP rival Rudy Giuliani, Police Commissioner Ray Kelly, and even Democrat Hillary Rodham Clinton. Asked if he had a role for Giuliani down the road, McCain said, "Oh yeah. He's a great American. He united America," referring to his leadership in the aftermath of 9/11.

"I've been with him a lot. I appreciate more than I could tell you his friendship and support. And that was steadfast throughout the primary."

Giuliani endorsed McCain after dropping out as a presidential candidate, and his top fund-raisers are now raising cash for McCain.

It's likely that the ex-mayor will get a featured speaking role at the GOP convention in St. Paul, Minn.

McCain lauded Kelly's crime-fighting abilities and did not rule out tapping him to serve in his White House, perhaps as secretary of homeland security or head of the FBI.

"I'm a great admirer. He's a very, very good leader," McCain said.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Manedwolf

• friend
Re: JM may pick BLOOMBERG as VP!
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 10:17:15 AM »
Ray Kelley, hm?

Kelley on Virginia: "It is, quite frankly, an easy state in which to buy a weapon. The philosophy is that it appears to be an entitlement to own a handgun."

Yeah, Kelley. That's how it is here in New Hampshire, too. That "entitlement" is called the "second amendment". rolleyes

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 10:28:22 AM »
It is very difficult not to think the JM nod wasn't fixed.
I cant imagine primary R voters, reputed to be the most conservative,
voted for him.

What the heck is going on here? JM is conservative? Up must be down, war must be peace.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008, 10:58:06 AM »
I'm gonna laugh my ass off if Republicans get a McCain/Bloomberg ticket.  OTOH, they deserve it.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2008, 11:59:10 AM »
I'm gonna laugh my ass off if Republicans get a McCain/Bloomberg ticket.  OTOH, they deserve it.

It would be more helpful if you would pick up a bucket of water, rather than a fiddle.

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2008, 12:58:28 PM »
t would be more helpful if you would pick up a bucket of water, rather than a fiddle.

Yeah, well I've been carrying water for the GOP since 1968, and all it got me was bigger government, record debt and fewer liberties. 

I know.  Obama is soooooooooo much worse.  They're both bad.  Do you want to be deep fried or boiled? 

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2008, 01:01:18 PM »
And the next thing would be Rudy Jailiani as Attorney General  shocked

Honestly, I feel like I'm watching a horror movie that I can't turn off  sad
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2008, 01:06:51 PM »
t would be more helpful if you would pick up a bucket of water, rather than a fiddle.

Yeah, well I've been carrying water for the GOP since 1968, and all it got me was bigger government, record debt and fewer liberties. 

I know.  Obama is soooooooooo much worse.  They're both bad.  Do you want to be deep fried or boiled? 

I thought Paddy LIKED bigger government?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2008, 01:18:39 PM »
You guys don't even read what I write because you're prisoners of your own kneejerk ideology.  All government is not bad.  Government that represents something/someone other than the people (read: multinational corporations) is bad. Google Theodore Roosevelt and the BullMoose part to understand where I'm coming from.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2008, 01:25:46 PM »
I read your posts.

And then I see you supporting regulations on this, that, and the other. So what I want to know, is where would you see the size of government reduced. What do you want to  cut. What agencies would you abolish.

How, in particular, do you differ from a leftist that says "I support the free market, but..." and gives me a list of buts so long he buries me under it whole?

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2008, 08:05:13 AM »
Micro-

He's fine with big government in areas that suits him.  Kind of like elitist duck hunters that don't care about my handguns being regulated so long as no one mentioned their multi thousand dollar shotgun.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

BridgeRunner

• friend
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2008, 08:43:27 AM »
You guys don't even read what I write because you're prisoners of your own kneejerk ideology.

No, we don't read what you write because you are arrogant, self-serving and annoying. 

/feeding the troll

stevelyn

• friend
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2008, 06:25:46 PM »
No one in their right mind would support Bloomberg for dog catcher.

Is McCain trying to throw the election? Or is he really that stupid an out of touch?
Be careful that the toes you step on now aren't connected to the ass you have to kiss later.

Eat Moose. Wear Wolf.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2008, 04:14:33 AM »
Is McCain trying to throw the election?
Perhaps this was meant in jest, but it may actually be a valid question, considering some of what McCain has been saying lately . . .  sad
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2008, 05:11:23 AM »
Yes, this is our "pro gun" GOP candidate! rolleyes
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Oldskoolfan

« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2008, 10:51:46 AM »
I hope that Bloomberg is the vice presidential candidate.  Those who still support the kneejerk ideology of the GOP will get what they deserve. 

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2008, 10:54:19 AM »
I hope that Bloomberg is the vice presidential candidate.  Those who still support the kneejerk ideology of the GOP will get what they deserve. 

DU / Daily Kos too crowded today?

That wasn't even done with finesse. 1.5/10.

Oldskoolfan

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2008, 11:48:37 AM »
All I am saying is that the GOP will get what it deserves.  I am a Libertarian and a former GOP member.  I am sorry but they deviated from what I believe and now they are going to get the candidates they deserve.

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2008, 12:03:00 PM »
You guys don't even read what I write because you're prisoners of your own kneejerk ideology.

No, we don't read what you write because you are arrogant, self-serving and annoying. 

/feeding the troll

That really was an unnecessary, worthless and empty post, [removed by mod].  How old are you, about 15?

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2008, 02:04:23 PM »
Both of you. Stop it. Now. You know who you are.
Andy

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2008, 03:27:44 PM »

Bloomberg is fanatically anti gun, he makes Obama look like a dang NRA life member,  If JM picks Bloomberg Then I will be voting Constitution Party or Libertarian
and never voting R in presidential races again. If
Obama picks Richardson or Webb  as VP it would be a better  ticket than
a Bloomberg VP.
If I had hair I would be pulling it out!

Couldn't have said it better.  I'm bald too!

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2008, 06:44:51 AM »
I'm wondering what the NRA will be saying if McCain does pick Bloomberg as his running mate Huh?

Considering how they have been lamblasting Bloomberg (for good reason!) for several years now ...  rolleyes  shocked
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2008, 06:46:09 AM »
I'm wondering what the NRA will be saying if McCain does pick Bloomberg as his running mate Huh?

Considering how they have been lamblasting Bloomberg (for good reason!) for several years now ...  rolleyes  shocked

They've been lambasting McCain, too, for ages. They'll just hope nobody keeps track.

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2008, 08:09:43 AM »
either way, bloomberg is a dealbreaker.  I'll vote 3rd party first.

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2008, 04:17:42 PM »
The NRA has reluctantly backed McCain as the lesser of evils, with the knowledge that Obama would be 100 times worse.

But if he picks Bloomberg they'd better kick his ass to the curb, or I'll burn my membership card!  It is time for so-called Republicans to start looking for that line in the sand they made, about 2 miles back.

If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.